Sign in to follow this  
deanmartini

100K Point Signup for Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass - Highest Ever

4cpp+ isn't bueno? (70K MR into AA tickets worth approx $3K)

I honestly haven't even spent them all yet and have equaled out what I spent for the spend bonus. :)

Edited by Zobelle

Yeah...

I xfer the rest to SPG (silly me) in order to have enough for xfer to AA.

Yeah...

So for every 60K MR points you got 25K miles?

Why would you do that?

Yeah...

So for every 60K MR points you got 25K miles?

Why would you do that?

It was 30K or so for 10K SPG. Which made for a 40K xfer to 50K AA miles

Yeah it wasn't the brightest move but I needed the AA miles more than the MR. Flight was not available on BA site.

applied for this 11 a.m. today, april 2.

approved for $3500 SL

100k/$3k

annual fee ($75) is not waive the first yr?

i dont udnerstand what i'm getting into, or how many nights in a hotel.

i dont understand what a category 1 or 2 or 3 or 4...10 looks like.

the nciest hotel i've been to was wyndham orlando, what category is that comparable to?

Edited by rysher

approved for $3500 SL

100k/$3k

the nciest hotel i've been to was wyndham orlando, what category is that comparable to?

http://hhonors.hilton.com/en/hhonors/rewards/search_result_reward_levels.jhtml?hhonorsRewardLevel=1

Replace the "1" at the end with whatever category you are interested in. Category 1 hotels can be had for as low as 5,000 pts.

approved for $3500 SL

100k/$3k

Hilton categories are based somewhat on the average per night rate, but there is a large range of point values within a category. For example, a category 6 hotel can run 30k, 40k, or 50k per night. It depends on the season and it seems random at times. With 4,000+ hotels, it's probably better to pick where you want to go and check the Hilton availability there.

approved for $3500 SL

100k/$3k

http://hhonors.hilton.com/en/hhonors/rewards/search_result_reward_levels.jhtml?hhonorsRewardLevel=1

Replace the "1" at the end with whatever category you are interested in. Category 1 hotels can be had for as low as 5,000 pts.

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank for posting!

What is the best offer on the no AF hilton honors Amex?

Open in a private browser:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/dapply/web/applycard/us/personal-card/api/hil/hilton-hhonors-card/hhc-081

Now 75K: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/hilton-hhonors/25330

If anyone was approved for the 70K offer recently, chat with Amex and ask for a courtesy credit since the offer is now 75K. Use this approach instead of asking them to match offers, since they technically don't match offers.

Have this same offer to upgrade to the Surpass from the regular Hilton Amex. May have to take it.

You have a 100K upgrade offer?

Have this same offer to upgrade to the Surpass from the regular Hilton Amex. May have to take it.

amexupgrade_zpsrlz6zufp.png

Nice!!! :D

I'm chatting with a rep now to try and get a 50K courtesy credit.

Please let me know if you have any luck. They keep telling me they can't do anything and I need to call the HHonors Amex reps. I've tried that also and been denied.

DW recently upgraded to the Surpass, but with the 50k offer after $3k spend. I guess I need to follow up on this one too if 100k is possible.....the pro-rated AF hasn't posted yet and hitting spend this week.

My Biz Platinum cut it's first statement today and I just made $12k in payments to Amex. Maybe they'll leave me alone now. :rofl:

Please let me know if you have any luck. They keep telling me they can't do anything and I need to call the HHonors Amex reps. I've tried that also and been denied.

DW recently upgraded to the Surpass, but with the 50k offer after $3k spend. I guess I need to follow up on this one too if 100k is possible.....the pro-rated AF hasn't posted yet and hitting spend this week.

My Biz Platinum cut it's first statement today and I just made $12k in payments to Amex. Maybe they'll leave me alone now. :rofl:

Chat did not work, so I called the number on the back of my card. The rep only had the authority to credit 3K points, but escalated it and is trying to get me the full 50K. I'm not optimistic, but I elevated the request to probably the highest level possible so I will update here when I know what is going to happen.

:good:

It definitely seems like it's been tougher to get HH points credited vs. the success people have had on the SPG offers.

:good:

It definitely seems like it's been tougher to get HH points credited vs. the success people have had on the SPG offers.

I got the a courtesy bump to 35 on the SPG, but tried chat on the Surpass and no dice. I'll wait to see if mendelssohn has any luck. It would be awesome to get those extra pts.

Edited by deanmartini

Yay...got the Surpass approved. Set it up online and found out my SL is....$1k. Less the $75 annual fee of course.

I just got my BCP CLI within the last month or so, any chance they'll raise my starting limit on this? Advice if it's possible...do I activate then call to request, or call when it arrives before activating?

Have to spend $3k in 3 months on a card with a $1k limit. What a joke.

Plus just received my Ink Plus that was approved the day before...they gave me $21.5k on a reported business income of $15k, sheesh! AMEX hates me!

You can check your spending ability when you get the card. I'm sure you can spend above $1K, but that is the revolving limit.

Don't let it report maxed out though.

You can check your spending ability when you get the card. I'm sure you can spend above $1K, but that is the revolving limit.

IT said NO to $5k. Oh well, I can still do it easily enough, just have to pay several times per month.

IT said NO to $5k. Oh well, I can still do it easily enough, just have to pay several times per month.

You have the card already?

Typically you would check this after you have activated the card.

Sign in to follow this  

About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines