Sign in to follow this  
virtualtreasure

Comenity hasn't touched any of my accounts yet

VS and JC see very heavy use with the DW and daughter. Both are over 15k and the deer pee card with no usage at all just got a 2k CLI

I don't think there was any mass shut down, I just think after the 2008-10 recession and recent slow down Comenity - knowing the portfolio they had - set tighter triggers for shut down of certain accounts when they fit a profile.

I believe it to be a balance of factors, with a triggering event. From my reading and intuition, the balancing factors tthat may result in Comenity Adverse Action (AA) are more likely if:

- AAOA, e.g. How recent your entire credit portfolio is (the more recent the more number of cards the greater the weight towards shut down);

- How thin your profile is (the fewer trade lines and lower credit limits, the greater the weight towards shut down);

- High utilization (UT) or any or all of your lines (70-100% UT of even one large line; or 50% or greater of all of your lines, the greater the weight towards shut down);

The triggers seem to be:

- # of recent INQ

- # of recent new accounts

- AA on other Comenity accounts

- High utilization (UT) or any or all of your lines (70-100% UT of even one large line; or 50% or greater of all of your lines, the greater the weight towards shut down);

It appears to be a balance NOT a yes/no or black/white examination, so that a person with 11 new INQ with a AAOA of 9 years and high amount of credit available might not be shut down, where as another with 2 new INQ, with AAOA of 2 years and small amount of credit IS shut down. I think of the factors as weight put in buckets; the triggers as the event that makes Comenity look at the scale.

Much of this is probably true for any of the creditors known for AA; hell... maybe everyone else already knows this and I'm just getting caught up, lol.

The challenge - the irritation - of Comenity's brand of AA from reports is that:

- it often comes within a month or two of the Comenity trade line being opened

- Occurs even without any substantive change in FICOs or credit portfolio (a few more INQ, one new line of credit, additional UT of one line of 50%, even if total UT across the boards remains <10%);

- And may occur even when your portfolio is strong

IOW they appear a bit "trigger happy" and that pisses people off when they JUST opened the account.

Have said before that there IS a purpose to Comenity credit: soft pull credit cards and CLIs; large credit lines are nothing to sneeze at. But it comes with a cost of what (to me is) sub-prime credit and a creditor that doesn't really give a !@#$ about building a relationship with you

Edited by mfarmer

Yea, sorry... that's all I got. If it's not useful, disregard. Hell... let ME know and I'll delete it myself :)

Well we'll see what they make of the 5 new accounts and rash of inqs reporting in the last 35 days on my reports. So far not a peep. I have one non-comenity card that next cycle will probably report >100% utilization (NPSL) so there's that too.

I'm going to ask to move Fuel limit to VX or Orbitz, although I'm not optimistic this is possible based on others' posts.

Again, with 850 FICOs and your portfolio I suspect *you're golden.

Edited by mfarmer

Again, with 850 FICOs and your portfolio I suspect *you're golden.

Those scores are old. I'm too lazy to post a new screen shot. Scores are now in the 820s. I don't think Comenity is that sensitive to FICO. I bet they use an internal score that matters more (like amex does too)

As we have said these Cards are Turds dont load up on them they shut down 1 i closed 2 and not looking back now the only store card i have is Walmart and thats the way its gone stay.

As we have said these Cards are Turds dont load up on them they shut down 1 i closed 2 and not looking back now the only store card i have is Walmart and thats the way its gone stay.

I like free money and reasonable high limits. At least Comenity is not subprime like discover.

I like free money and reasonable high limits. At least Comenity is not subprime like discover.

LOL,,,, I like your sense of humor. :grin:

Well we'll see what they make of the 5 new accounts and rash of inqs reporting in the last 35 days on my reports. So far not a peep. I have one non-comenity card that next cycle will probably report >100% utilization (NPSL) so there's that too.

I'm going to ask to move Fuel limit to VX or Orbitz, although I'm not optimistic this is possible based on others' posts.

Looks like having three Comenity cards has not prevented you from getting other cards with decent limits.

Looks like having three Comenity cards has not prevented you from getting other cards with decent limits.

FWIW, I did close my 23k Fuel rewards MC recently since comenity doesn't combo. But the other two are perfectly fine. Nothing THEFTED yet...

Comenity took a fit on me the last two days. They slapped a fraud hold after I used my MC at CVS. Called in after declined and learned this. Verified it was me, released the hold. Happens AGAIN hours later. I'm pissed, call in, removed hold. Next day, Friday, TWO more times they block my card.

My charges were 98% IN my home town. Small, largest $140. Nothing nefarious, grocery, gas, dollar type store restaurant. One purchase at Target and a gas station - 30 minutes from home.

Today, card declined first attempt to charge. Call in, Comenity wants all types of ID verification and one thing the snooty rep said was in addition to the 'red flags' the computer threw up relative to my account, she claims CVS and Target have high fraud markers within their systems.

I told her no, I was approved, used my card and since you hassled me for two straight days; I'm not sending in shitt. I hung up.

Went a few hours later on a hunch to look at another Comenity issued account - it has no available credit. In fact, every account I have with them is 'frozen' for lack of better terms.

While I will complain to them and about them, I'm not going to play their little games. They can keep them frozen until eternity, I'm done with Crapmenity. What morons.

HL

I closed 4 out of the 5 Com cards I had. I'm gonna wait this 6 month mark out. See if the throw love or shade on the final one, but I don't trust them not to flip out because I did the close.

No issues with my Comenity cards. Only have 3 and they were opened months apart from each other. 2 were cold app and 1 (Total Rewards) was a SCT.

Ton of inquiries and new accounts in the last year. My reported overall utilization varies anywhere from 0% to 3%.

I'm just finding it ridiculous that - according to the moronic woman in the fraud department - that purchases at CVS and Target were catalysts in my suspension. What a crock.

I'm going to get my pound of flesh by relating my displeasure on social media. What else can you do. I'm sure a letter to their EO wouldn't even be read.

HL

Edited by Herloss