Amsterdam requiring pre-pay

The last post in this topic was posted 2094 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Just as the title says. I've grown 3 companies in the past 6 years, and have used amsterdam printing for 2 of them, and never been asked to prepay the initial order. Representative called on the phone, and informed me that "they'd require half by check, or full by cc". I don't have a problem in prepaying, but for an order of 150 overpriced pens? I can get much cheaper at my regular printer.

Anyone else had this experience?

those must be some impressive pens

$150?

there was nothing else they sell that cost between say $50-$75

i would think that most printers would want some type of deposit for doing "custom printing" since they cant really sell stuff to other customets that says PMG company on it

but then again i never used them...just speaking in general

Roadblocked at Quill as well prepay for 90 days. We are SOS registered and showing online on that site. Website up and running, phone number through freedom voice, used listyourself for listing. submitted to google and other search engines. duns number through iupdate. also verified my google places ad, with an adwords campaign as well for good measure. What is it that nobody likes about this brand new company?

7349 is our sic code. Janitorial services. Have never had this issue before. Basically, I build em, and sell em.

Quill says, the first order is a courtesy order that is billed. All orders after that, for 90 days are prepay to establish relationship and buying pattern. Then will review for credit line.

Now my question is, how often is anyone making subsequent orders with quill after their initial order.

I just placed an order today for 30 bucks a couple of computer fans but will order a laser printer after I pay this amount off real fast and I'm in Construction and they set me up no problem so its got to be something you have done

7349 is our sic code. Janitorial services. Have never had this issue before. Basically, I build em, and sell em.

Quill says, the first order is a courtesy order that is billed. All orders after that, for 90 days are prepay to establish relationship and buying pattern. Then will review for credit line.

Now my question is, how often is anyone making subsequent orders with quill after their initial order.

um, quill sells office supplies mainly

office supplies, breakroom supplies etc tend to be reordered consistently (weekly,monthly..depending on businesd)

so of course it wouldnt be unfathomable for quill to expect subsequent orders

suggest folks make a list of what you need and split items up into multiple orders

If not that many items needed, still break up into smaller orders

add filler...maybe some candy or trail mix or whatever with each order

i doubt food/snack items would be considered useless as someone will consume them

office supplies, breakroom supplies etc tend to be reordered consistently (weekly,monthly..depending on businesd)

I think you're missing the point. if Quill says this is a courtesy order, how many other people have gotten this same courtesy initial order, and believe they had a credit line? So my question rephrased is, if anyone has run into the need to prepay for orders after their initial order?

I think you're missing the point. if Quill says this is a courtesy order, how many other people have gotten this same courtesy initial order, and believe they had a credit line? So my question rephrased is, if anyone has run into the need to prepay for orders after their initial order?

Quite a while ago I got the first order through fine and the second order they wanted a guaranteed cheque? from the bank. They said I couldn't use a credit card because those funds weren't guaranteed, which made no sense. I just said forget it and decided to build credit elsewhere.

Quite a while ago I got the first order through fine and the second order they wanted a guaranteed cheque? from the bank. They said I couldn't use a credit card because those funds weren't guaranteed, which made no sense. I just said forget it and decided to build credit elsewhere.

I think we are beginning to see a pattern. Quill is offering initial orders on credit as a courtesy, and then requiring prepayment for a period of time after that. My order arrived yesterday, and I'll be paying it off first thing Monday, maybe the prompt pay will change their mind about offering credit?

After each sale, we move, as the no compete claus keeps me away. Credit building begins with home address, but usually 6-9 months out, we are in commercial space. Never had any failures, or BK's. We operate mainly on cash until we reach 1m in sales or start distributing paper products.

I think the problem is the start phase. You do it from home so that address shows multiple corps and its very similar to a virtual address were many corps show under the same address. Then it raises a flag and thats why they probably asked for a pre payment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the problem is the start phase. You do it from home so that address shows multiple corps and its very similar to a virtual address were many corps show under the same address. Then it raises a flag and thats why they probably asked for a pre payment

I already said, we move after each sale. so the company address is never the same. After selling the company, I can't operate usually in the counties that the company has accounts/local offices in, or in any county with less than 2 degrees of separation from the operating counties. My last sale, I was barred from operating in the whole state for 2 years.

So it was then it was a random flag, vendors are crazy like that you cant really figure them out. Just prepay an order and you should be good, i do it all the time when i start a new corp

The last post in this topic was posted 2094 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.