Sign in to follow this  
Cappy

35K SPG Signup Bonus - Personal And Business- Highest Ever!

Saw that yesterday. Bastards. :lol:

+1

Feel the same way :D

I was considering the biz version (to avoid further damage to AAOA at the moment). I finally looked at a list of properties and there are good options for places we would be traveling.

I just don't know much about how SPG points are valued. What are 35k points 'worth' for an average SPG property?

I was considering the biz version (to avoid further damage to AAOA at the moment). I finally looked at a list of properties and there are good options for places we would be traveling.

I just don't know much about how SPG points are valued. What are 35k points 'worth' for an average SPG property?

I've seen many properties at the 3 Point/$ range.

I would say the the signup bonus is worth almost $1,000 if you use it properly

Thanks Cappy, that helps! I wish there was a good offer on the biz Platinum for a solid twofer.

That extra 10k points is worth at least $300 for me compared to the 25k sign up.

I have both already but I think the wife will need to get the personal card this month.

Well, I was looking for something enticing to test the Amex BL, as it has been a few months. Unfortunately, same result as usual. 12 years strong.

In case anyone didn't know... The business spg is a credit card, not a charge card. Will give you a limit.

I missed out on the original SPG bonus. (Missed the spend)

I probably should take advantage of this now.

Well, I was looking for something enticing to test the Amex BL, as it has been a few months. Unfortunately, same result as usual. 12 years strong.

:( Sorry

I think it's time for my wife to apply for the business version. :D

She already has the personal and I've had both of them. That should help replenish the 120K Starpoints I just spent. :lol:

I have 4 Amex revolvers:

Simply Cash Biz

SPG Biz

BCP

Hilton Surpass

Should I close one before applying, or apply and then Recon by offering to close if initially denied?

If I have to close, any suggestions on which one?

How long is it for?

March 31

March 30

amex_spg_35k.jpg?w=750

Edited by mendelssohn

I just applied for the biz for myself and personal for DW. Both got 14 day pending message. :dntknw:

I can call later.....but her Biz gold got approved after a couple of days previously like this with no intervention. I'll have to see if they actually HP'd.

I have 4 Amex revolvers:

Simply Cash Biz

SPG Biz

BCP

Hilton Surpass

Should I close one before applying, or apply and then Recon by offering to close if initially denied?

Close the SimplyCash because you can always replace it with the better SimplyCash Plus.

I have 4 Amex revolvers:

Simply Cash Biz

SPG Biz

BCP

Hilton Surpass

Close the SimplyCash because you can always replace it with the better SimplyCash Plus.

Its either that or the Hilton. Those are the only two I was considering. Should I close first, or wait if I have to Recon?

I personally would close first. There's no risk with the SimplyCash since that should be replaced anyway.

8k spend for 70K Starwood pts. Hmm.

Doable since I already cleared out my Biz Gold spend paying income tax. I'll likely apply this afternoon or whenever my EX updates some payoffs.

Any other good charge card offer this can be paired with? I hate to take two inquiries just because both are revolvers.

Doable since I already cleared out my Biz Gold spend paying income tax. I'll likely apply this afternoon or whenever my EX updates some payoffs.

Any other good charge card offer this can be paired with? I hate to take two inquiries just because both are revolvers.

It would be 1 inquiry for the SPG Personal/Business

Edit: maybe not. I know on 2 revolvers you have to wait 5 days in between, but I'm not sure it applies for a personal/business combo same day for the wait

Edited by Captivated

Edit: maybe not. I know on 2 revolvers you have to wait 5 days in between, but I'm not sure it applies for a personal/business combo same day for the wait

2 inquiries. You can't get approved for both on the same day.

2 inquiries. You can't get approved for both on the same day.

Even though one is business?

Sign in to follow this  

About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines