The last post in this topic was posted 1889 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Yes, more info please. How exactly was the account reporting on your credit reports; what notice were you sent; who did you pay; how did you pay; were there any negotiated terms for the payment (e.g. "pay for deletion"); how is the account reporting now?

I have a similar situation, so can commiserate

The accunt was a dental bill. I called the original creditor(Dental Works) and paid the bill, they in turn sent me a receipt via email. Paid via phone with a debit card. The account is now reporting as a paid collection.

This happens a lot. You paid the OC and they just turned the payment over to the CA and it was marked as paid. Unless there are errors in reporting, it might be hard to get off your reports, but as it is medical, you might try Why Chat's HIPAA process. It is generally designed for unpaid medical collections as a way to pay it without them turning over the payment to the CA, but can sometimes work or paid collections as well. Head over to the medical forum and read up on the process. Then, when you are ready, start your own thread, and Why Chat will walk you through the process.

the CA has to delete if the account has been recalled from collections.

if you didn't pay the CA, the CA cannot report that you paid them

threaten the CA with a FCRA / FDCPA lawsuit for supplying false credit information

if your home state has Debt collection laws on false credit reporting, throw those in a letter too.

I would suggest a letter like this to the CA:

Dear herpetic sore,

In a recent review of my credit report, I noticed that you are reporting a collection for <dental company> in the amount of XX.XX in my name. Further, you are reporting that I have paid you for this alleged debt. I have never had any contact with you, nor have I ever paid you anything. As such, I dispute your reporting in its entirety. Please provide me with complete validation of your reporting. This reporting is inaccurate and I fully expect that you will delete this erroneous item from any and all credit reports to which you may have reported it.

The last post in this topic was posted 1889 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.