Please use the Feedback forum for questions about the upgrade.  We will get to them as quickly as possible.

Sign in to follow this  
inagadda

Lending Club, Upstart, Prosper to Pay Credit Card Balances

Wondering whether there is a downside to using one of these organizations to pay off high interest credit card balances.

Please share your experiences.

Thanks!

I've decided to wait a little bit as I'm also trying to refinance my house. I will definitely post my experience once I move ahead.

I tried Lending Club and was approved for $22,000 at11.99% with a 672 experian FICO and a short sale/foreclosure on my record, but they charged an origination fee of about $1,100. So I passed. It was a soft pull, but not sure if there would be a hard pull if I agreed to the loan.

Then finally caved in and applied to the Discover Personal Loan, because I fell for the no origination fee advertisement. Unfortunately, denied for short sale/foreclosure on report. They also pulled a hard one on ALL 3 REPORTS! Be careful.

DO NOT USE PROSPER. They are a scam. We tried to use them and the needed us to wire money using western union to pay for them to wire us the loan we were approved for. Then they needed us to wire more money to cover taxes of the loan. THEN their accounting office was closed so we had to send more money the next day. After wiring them $2,000 we stopped trying to get the loan and we never got refunded the money.

DO NOT USE PROSPER. They are a scam. We tried to use them and the needed us to wire money using western union to pay for them to wire us the loan we were approved for. Then they needed us to wire more money to cover taxes of the loan. THEN their accounting office was closed so we had to send more money the next day. After wiring them $2,000 we stopped trying to get the loan and we never got refunded the money.

This does not sound like prosper at all.

My wife and i both have prosper loans and not once did we wire them anything.

So either you went to a fake website or you are making this story up

Either you got scammed by someone impersonating Prosper or you are lying.

Edited by IndyPoolPlayer

Either you got scammed by someone impersonating Prosper or you are lying.

This. Prosper is/was legit.

I tried Lending Club and was approved for $22,000 at11.99% with a 672 experian FICO and a short sale/foreclosure on my record, but they charged an origination fee of about $1,100. So I passed. It was a soft pull, but not sure if there would be a hard pull if I agreed to the loan.

Then finally caved in and applied to the Discover Personal Loan, because I fell for the no origination fee advertisement. Unfortunately, denied for short sale/foreclosure on report. They also pulled a hard one on ALL 3 REPORTS! Be careful.

Are u sure they pulled EX lending Club is a known to do a TU SP.