Sign in to follow this  
bigpoppa09

Commerce Bank

Hey guys has anyone had any dealings with them? They seem to be out of Kansas City Mo got a pre approval 0% on BT and purchases for 12 months then 16.49 any one have the low down on them?

Only 6 entries in creditpulls...3 TU, 3 EXP & 1 EQ pulls, CLs $4k-$12k for scores 728+. Not much info, other than they are slow with decisions:)

Edited for spelling:blush:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by trachkids

Only 6 entries in creditpulls...3 TU, 3 EXP & 1 EQ pulls, CLs $4k-$12k for scores 728+. Not much info, other than they are slow with decisions:)

Edited for spelling:blush:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea i heard they were slow the only info i could find was a guy said he accepted pre approval and he would know in 2-3 weeks manual review sounds like.

that cheapskate Drysdale screwed me out of my sign-up bonus. Good thing I'm friends with Jed otherwise it never would have been straitened out.

that cheapskate Drysdale screwed me out of my sign-up bonus. Good thing I'm friends with Jed otherwise it never would have been straitened out.

First Hillybilly post ever...

Come on back now, ya hear?

I've had a Commerce card for many years. I think it had a $2000 limit when opened. I don't ever remember getting a CLI.

After getting my credit straightened out, I called to ask for a CLI. They told me that they could not give me a CLI on the card directly, that the only way to increase the limit on the card would be to apply for a new card, get approved, then combine and close one.

So that's what I did. I was approved for a Visa Signature with a $10k limit. Put that $10k on the original card, which isn't a Signature, but is a ~10 year old card so best to keep it, and now have a $12k Commerce Visa.

The balance transfer offers I've received have not been attractive. 5% fee on all of them. The Rewards also aren't really attractive, points are 1 / $ spent, but only worth $.005 each for gift cards iirc. You can also shop with them to buy completely useless junk that is overpriced.

I never knew about rewards before, but after all the years I had this card and used it, I was able to get a $25 Walmart gift card with all of my reward points.

So, there's definitely better fish in the sea. In face, there's probably better fish in the drainage ditch next to the sewage plant.

We get the pre-approval offers from Commerce at our house about once a month. There are much better fish in the sea.