Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Problems uploading documents to Experian

Anyone else have problems uploading documents to Experian. Spoke to phone representative at Experian today about obsolete accounts still showing on my reports. She deleted one Midland account and wanted me to send proof from old Experian reports showing that the other accounts should have been deleted as well. She told me to upload the documents on the Experian site. Every time I try to upload the documents, I get an error message that the file format for the upload must by PDF or TIFF (black and white). My upload is indeed a PDF. Anyone ran into this problem. My browser is Firefox. This is a bit frustrating because I would like to quickly upload the pages instead of having to mail them in.

Check the name of the file you are trying to upload. Make sure it doesn't have any special characters, spaces, etc. and try to upload it again. It could be the size of the file but it's usually something screwy like this.

Check the name of the file you are trying to upload. Make sure it doesn't have any special characters, spaces, etc. and try to upload it again. It could be the size of the file but it's usually something screwy like this.

file size is quite small and named the document "upload".

That's as simple as it can get.... :dntknw:

I've never had any problems uploading on there, wish I could help. It's the only thing I could think of that I've had problems with uploading docs before.

I had a problem uploading more than one document a week or so ago. The first one took just fine, but subsequent uploads failed.

Try a different web browser. Chrome or Internet Explorer, or even Opera.

Curious, are you connected to a VPN service or using a business computer? I've found that when I'm connected to a VPN a lot of files fail to upload right...

Edited by Mitch19

Try a different web browser. Chrome or Internet Explorer, or even Opera.

Curious, are you connected to a VPN service or using a business computer? I've found that when I'm connected to a VPN a lot of files fail to upload right...

thanks. upload worked on internet explorer.

Anyone else have problems uploading documents to Experian. Spoke to phone representative at Experian today about obsolete accounts still showing on my reports. She deleted one Midland account and wanted me to send proof from old Experian reports showing that the other accounts should have been deleted as well. She told me to upload the documents on the Experian site. Every time I try to upload the documents, I get an error message that the file format for the upload must by PDF or TIFF (black and white). My upload is indeed a PDF. Anyone ran into this problem. My browser is Firefox. This is a bit frustrating because I would like to quickly upload the pages instead of having to mail them in.

Yes, I've never been able to successfully upload documents on the Experian website. I always get the same error you were getting, despite my files being small .pdfs. Never could figure out what the problem was. I tried encoding it into different minimum versions of Adobe Acrobat, used different browsers, changed the file names, made sure the file size was small. Even tried converting the .pdfs to .tifs and those wouldn't upload.

same thing happened to me last week, would not load the "upload" on two different browsers. Ended up faxing the damn thing but it was deleted yesterday so it took longer.

completed four separate upload sessions successfully. when i tried the fifth upload session (for my final dispute), everything seemed to be working but when i hit submit, got bounced to the screen indicating that the upload could not be processed and that I would have to send the document by mail. I will try again later on Internet Explorer. Getting 4 uploads to go through on Internet Explorer was encouraging. I've never uploaded anything successfully using Firefox.

wonder if there is a limit on how many upload sessions you can do based on one report number. when i try to upload now, i'm getting the following message:

We're sorry. We were unable to honor your request.

bg_spacer.gif Sending us your information blackdot.gif To submit your request by mail, please send your documents along with one copy of a government issued identification card, such as a driver’s license, state or military ID card, etc., one copy of a utility bill, bank or insurance statement, etc., and a copy of your Social Security card or another document that displays your Social Security number. Make sure that each copy is legible, displays your name and current mailing address, and the date of issue (statement dates must be recent). We are unable to accept credit card statements, voided checks, lease agreements, magazine subscriptions or postal service forwarding orders as proof. To protect your personal identification information, Experian does not return correspondence sent to us. Send copies of any documents you wish to provide to us and always retain your original documents. Be advised that written information or documents you provide with respect to your disputes may be shared with any and all creditors with which you are disputing. bg_spacer.gifbg_spacer.gif Mail this form to: bg_spacer.gif Experian
PO Box 9701
Allen, TX 75013 Edited by peytontaylor

Hi.  I came across this thread when having the same problem, but I wanted to mention I was able to figure it out!

Not only does it need to be a b/w tif, but it also needs to be a BITMAP b/w tiff.  I was only able to make this change in Photoshop by Image >Mode > Bitmap.

After saving it as a bitmap tif, I was finally able to upload the image to Experian.  Not sure how many other image editors are able to convert to bitmap.

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 7:50 AM, Flybye said:

Hi.  I came across this thread when having the same problem, but I wanted to mention I was able to figure it out!

Not only does it need to be a b/w tif, but it also needs to be a BITMAP b/w tiff.  I was only able to make this change in Photoshop by Image >Mode > Bitmap. 

After saving it as a bitmap tif, I was finally able to upload the image to Experian.  Not sure how many other image editors are able to convert to bitmap.

THANK YOU!! This worked, would of never figured this out ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

On 3/15/2019 at 10:50 AM, Flybye said:

You're a life saver!!! After fighting with this for hours, I came across this post and it worked like a charm. I was able to convert using Paint and saving as monochrome bmp, then save bmp files back to tiff.   Thank you!!

Edited by jjalu

Same. Nothing works. What the **** is up with this company. We shouldn't have to **** around with changing file format three times to upload a godforsaken document. What century are we in?

Edited by MarvBear
removed disguised profanity

22 hours ago, Dillweedseed said:

Same. Nothing works. What the **** is up with this company. We shouldn't have to **** around with changing file format three times to upload a godforsaken document. What century are we in?

what are you trying to accomplish? engaging with the four major CRA via online systems is NOT in the consumer's best interest.

I've tried everything in this post and i'm still not able to send my documents.........
Mail certified letter!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Can't upload after multiple tries, called and customer service person in Costa Rica said the service was working and would not give me a fax number and refused to let me speak with a supervisor.  Does anyone have a fax number for disputes.

4 hours ago, onajrny said:

Can't upload after multiple tries, called and customer service person in Costa Rica said the service was working and would not give me a fax number and refused to let me speak with a supervisor.  Does anyone have a fax number for disputes.

welcome to CB!

what are you trying to accomplish?

5 hours ago, onajrny said:

They actually did you a favor...you don't want to be disputing online anyhow. 

Well-drafted disputes should be mailed with accompanying  documents to Experian's physical location for best results. 

On 3/15/2019 at 7:50 AM, Flybye said:

On 7/23/2019 at 5:31 PM, jjalu said:

You're a life saver!!! After fighting with this for hours, I came across this post and it worked like a charm. I was able to convert using Paint and saving as monochrome bmp, then save bmp files back to tiff.   Thank you!!

It's so so stupid. But can confirm this works. I just successfully uploaded to their crap system. FYI I used Internet Explorer 11. Edge and Chrome both did not work for me. Photoshop didn't work for me but the paint method did. Open file in Paint. Save as > Save as type: Choose in the dropdown Monochrome bitmap. Just to be safe I closed and reopened the bitmap file I just saved. Then Save as > Save as type: Choose in the dropdown TIFF. 

For me I couldn't upload all files at the same time. I had to select one and submit, then choose I have to make changes so it can take me BACK to the upload screen (which now shows one of my files are saved under the upload section). Then select the file for my next upload. Rinse repeat until it's all in.

I hate Experian so much. I also hate Equifax for their awful security breach issues. So far Transunion has been the most up to date system and everything I was able to do smoothly online no hassle.

Thank you both so much for all the help!!! You guys are the real MVP.

Edited by Mizu
added additional info