Sign in to follow this  
minnie aubre

I am moving back to OR!

It's really happening! I will not have to spend another wretched summer in Las Vegas. I think I have shared my hatred of Las Vegas. :good:

Congrats! I am actually contemplating moving out of CA to AZ for multiple reasons. How did you go about lining up a job back in OR (or do you work from home)? Just curious because I may have to go through the same thing...

Well, it is kind of funny how it happened. We moved to NV for my husband's job, then he ended up getting a different job and they had a facility in OR. The plant manager in OR was also managing the NV plant. Well, he got another job and asked my husband to come work for him. He was made an offer he'd be crazy to refuse, and I hate Las Vegas, so here we go... Now for my job, I need to go in on Monday and convince them to let me work from home up there. There is no reason I should not be able to work from home except that my company is stuck in the 70s. If they say no, I will just have to find another job.

Can you work from home? Can you transfer? I had to quit my job that I had in OR when we moved down here. Makes it a bit harder, but not impossible.

So happy for you Minnie-I know how much you hate Vegas. Too hot for sure. And the city has so much more crime then when I lived there back in the 90's. Good for your family!

So happy for you Minnie-I know how much you hate Vegas. Too hot for sure. And the city has so much more crime then when I lived there back in the 90's. Good for your family!

Thanks, buddy! Yeah, the crime is getting really bad. There have been 2 home invasions in my neighborhood. It was such a quiet area 5 years ago.

Shut up!!!!!! Did I miss this on FB?!

Congratulations!!!!

For real! No, you didn't miss it on FB because I just found out on Friday afternoon and need to convince my job to allow me to work from home on Monday. So I didn't want anything getting back to them before I had a chance to talk to them.

I was kind of laughing when you posted the pic of Mt. Rainier and I said someday I'd be back... Because it was kind of in the works but I didn't have the final answer yet.

I'm so excited!

I work with a group of people all over the west. One co-worker did the opposite, moving from Portland, OR to Las Vegas. He likes the change.

I agree. Having to live every year through hot Las Vegas summer's would be too much for me.

I work with a group of people all over the west. One co-worker did the opposite, moving from Portland, OR to Las Vegas. He likes the change.

I agree. Having to live every year through hot Las Vegas summer's would be too much for me.

That is what I did the first time. Now I am going back! The summers in Vegas are pretty unbearable.

Congratulations!!!!

For real! No, you didn't miss it on FB because I just found out on Friday afternoon and need to convince my job to allow me to work from home on Monday. So I didn't want anything getting back to them before I had a chance to talk to them.

I was kind of laughing when you posted the pic of Mt. Rainier and I said someday I'd be back... Because it was kind of in the works but I didn't have the final answer yet.

I'm so excited!

I'm so happy for you!!!

My five year plan sends me north, so maybe we can be neighbors :dance:

Congratulations!!!!

I'm so excited!

I'm so happy for you!!!

My five year plan sends me north, so maybe we can be neighbors :dance:

Thank you :)

That would be awesome! I know I don't need to convince you much :lol:

My work said yes! So my 10 step commute will be pretty awesome once we find a house

Right on! That is perfect - very, very jealous of the commute and mild summer coming your way!

My work said yes! So my 10 step commute will be pretty awesome once we find a house

Right on! That is perfect - very, very jealous of the commute and mild summer coming your way!

I know! So relieved. Now the stress of finding a house. The market is insane.

Well, I think I just pumped my last tank of gas :lol:

Job said yes, found a house, leaving 2am Friday and should be there at about 5-6pm Friday. Almost 1000 miles with 2 cats... oh what fun.

Congrats on your move and I bet you are excited and cant wait for Friday to come...

Congrats on your move and I bet you are excited and cant wait for Friday to come...

Yes! I have so much to do that I know it will be here fast! :lol:

Well, I think I just pumped my last tank of gas :lol:

Job said yes, found a house, leaving 2am Friday and should be there at about 5-6pm Friday. Almost 1000 miles with 2 cats... oh what fun.

I can feel your excitement!! Be safe traveling. And most of all CONGRATS!!