Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
mrjuggalo9er

guide to Capital one & the 2fer deal is dead

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, cherylb18 said:

I have a QS (5 years) and a Venture 1 (3 years), both with 0 balance; I've been trying to combine them for the past 8 months and every time I call they tell me that the option was discontinued at the end of 2018. Has anyone been successful combining cards this year?

 

Also, I'm trying to get increases on both but I don't use the cards that much right now. What's the minimum amount to spend evey month for 90 days before I apply for a CLI?

 

CapOne stopped allowing combos a while ago.  You used to be able to do it online without involving a CSR, but that ship has sailed.  Not sure if in the future they will allow it again or not.  My guess is that they will not.

 

Seems to me that CapOne is getting tighter with both new accounts and CLIs for certain customer segments.  It used to be fairly easy to get regular CLIs with very minimal use, but now it seems they want to see real usage.  You can apply for a CLI at any time since it is a soft inquiry, but I would say you have better chances if you use the card as your main driver for a few months and don't carry a balance.

 

What's your credit limit on each of your cards?  What reason(s) do they give you when they decline your previous CLI requests?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, PotO said:

What's your credit limit on each of your cards?  What reason(s) do they give you when they decline your previous CLI requests?

8k for QS and 12k for Venture 1. I stopped using them at the beginning of the year and only have 1 recurring payment on each card (Netflix and storage). The reason they gave me the last time I applied for the CLI was " Recent use of this account's existing credit line has been too low".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, cherylb18 said:

8k for QS and 12k for Venture 1. I stopped using them at the beginning of the year and only have 1 recurring payment on each card (Netflix and storage). The reason they gave me the last time I applied for the CLI was " Recent use of this account's existing credit line has been too low".

 

Yup.  They want to see use.  

 

I'd say if you could put months spend on your QS for 4 months you'd be ok.  Not sure what your monthly spend is, but if around $2k or $3k you'd be in very good shape for a CLI.  Try to pay it off before statement date.  

 

Once you get a CLI on QS, go for Venture.  

 

I hope they do allow combos again in the future.  Several of us here on CB were very, very lucky with that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, PotO said:

 

Yup.  They want to see use.  

 

I'd say if you could put months spend on your QS for 4 months you'd be ok.  Not sure what your monthly spend is, but if around $2k or $3k you'd be in very good shape for a CLI.  Try to pay it off before statement date.  

 

Once you get a CLI on QS, go for Venture.  

 

I hope they do allow combos again in the future.  Several of us here on CB were very, very lucky with that. 

Thanks for your help!!

 

Yeap, I guess I'll have to do that soon. I'm just trying to reach the MS on my Chase Ink to get the intro bonus before I go back to using Cap 1.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cherylb18 said:

Thanks for your help!!

 

Yeap, I guess I'll have to do that soon. I'm just trying to reach the MS on my Chase Ink to get the intro bonus before I go back to using Cap 1.

 

 

You may want to open another Chase biz card after you finish the MSR. 90 days is a reasonable interval. Citibiz AA has a 75k SUB now too. Moving your spend back to Cap1 at 1.5% amounts to paying for CLIs that may never materialize... 

 

Cap1 has gotten very stingy unless you can convince them you're mathematically challenged profitable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Occam said:

You may want to open another Chase biz card after you finish the MSR. 90 days is a reasonable interval. Citibiz AA has a 75k SUB now too. Moving your spend back to Cap1 at 1.5% amounts to paying for CLIs that may never materialize... 

 

True...I'm just not sure if I'm over 5/24 lol opened two of those cards to lower my utilization last year (new coast and myjewlers) and I'm not sure if those count against the 5/24..I got Discover it, CSP, and Amex this year. Citi AA might be the way to go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cherylb18 said:

True...I'm just not sure if I'm over 5/24 lol opened two of those cards to lower my utilization last year (new coast and myjewlers) and I'm not sure if those count against the 5/24..I got Discover it, CSP, and Amex this year. Citi AA might be the way to go

Oh, I figured Ink was your newest since you're still working on the MSR... unless it was a "just for you" black star offer you must have been under 5/24 and still would be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Occam said:

Oh, I figured Ink was your newest since you're still working on the MSR... unless it was a "just for you" black star offer you must have been under 5/24 and still would be.

It's my newest but I got the ink business using EIN so I think that one does not count towards the 5/24. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cherylb18 said:

It's my newest but I got the ink business using EIN so I think that one does not count towards the 5/24. 

Business cards don’t count towards 5/24, but you have to be under 5/24 to be approved since you are signing a personal guarantee for the card. So if you’re at 4/24 or less you can get several Chase Biz cards and be fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cherylb18 said:

It's my newest but I got the ink business using EIN so I think that one does not count towards the 5/24. 

If it's your newest you're still under 5/24. As DPB says, you can keep getting Chase Biz cards and stay there. CitiBusiness AA won't count toward 5/24 either. WF has a good Biz SUB too and it won't count.

 

Cap1 Business cards are the major exception - they DO report to personal CRs & count toward 5/24 (Discover Biz cards report too but nobody cares).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DPB said:

Business cards don’t count towards 5/24, but you have to be under 5/24 to be approved since you are signing a personal guarantee for the card. So if you’re at 4/24 or less you can get several Chase Biz cards and be fine. 

This is great stuff! I didn't know that I had to be under 5/24 to get the biz card...if this is the case I'll try to get the ink biz cash and a biz Hyatt next year before I get the Freedom Unlimited.

Thanks guys! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  




  • Today's Birthdays

    1. MB82x
      MB82x
      Age: 38
    2. kforde
      kforde
      Age: 35
    3. tachynurse
      tachynurse
      Age: 37
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      177,972
    • Most Online
      1,956

    Newest Member
    nmack
    Joined

About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines