guide to Capital one & the 2fer deal is dead

No-fee offer is always available on my Quicksilver. Free money for one statement cycle, if that tickles your trout.

"Transfer a balance at the same rate as your purchases without paying a transfer fee."

So on your QS you have 0% interest and no bt fee?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm pretty much good now honestly....

Hope you overcome, Juggs.  Would love to see you back to your old self.     FWIW, your work here on CapOne is priceless.  

Well, I might be an a**hole, but I am an honest a**hole.     We need you back, Mr. Juggs.  You are the only one who could decipher CapOne and we still have a lot of people asking questions a

No-fee offer is always available on my Quicksilver. Free money for one statement cycle, if that tickles your trout.

"Transfer a balance at the same rate as your purchases without paying a transfer fee."

oh I didn't read it right. I was thinking it was like the Slate Card from Chase. I got excited

I currently have the Venture One with 10k limit. I have it maxed at 0%. Next month will be a year so I am going to PIF. should I apply for QS? And then after promo and PIF combine? Is QS best card to get next? I have 720 TU

Edited by blake10

This thread is so long and has gone on a few tangents... so I apologize if this question has been answered already.

Has anyone had any luck with getting additional CLI while on credit steps?

Started with $300 limit

At 3 months they upped to $400

I just hit 6 months and they bumped me up to $750

Is there any harm in requesting a CLI on top of the $750?

• 2 weeks later...

started lurking this thread last may.

applied (599 creditscore based oncredit krama) June 2016 for cap 1 platinum got a $300 CL, 3month hit luv button CLI to $400 - after six months Nov 2016, CLI to $750. im ok with that!

check the cap1 prequifiled screening site to see if they had any offers. applied and approved for QS1 (1.5% CB) for $1000 :) my creditkrama score is 624.

thanks you all for the wealth of knowledge provided in this thread.

i see my credit worthiness improving due to you guys tips!

Welcome to CB :wave:

Congrats on the approvals.

If you want to know your true FICO 08 scores, and not the fako ones you get from CK, you should sign up with CCT (creditchecktotal.com). They have a 7 day trial for $1 (it's actually 10 days).

Keep reading and asking questions before applying for anymore CC's.

Kat58

thanks for the tip, I pulled my FICO 08 scores and this is what i see:

Experian - 608

Transunion - 726

Equifax - 771

Inquiries Summary (all in 2016 year)

Experian - 5

Transunion - 2

Equifax - 3

Length of History

Experian - 12.2 year(s)

Transunion - 9.8 year

Equifax - 12.2 year(s)

DEBT

Cap1 Plat $0 - limit $750
Cap1 QS $0 - limit $1,000 (3rd statement cuts on March 9)
chase card AU - $0 - limit $1,000 has been used in 7 years (ex wife)
LATE payment:

Experian - 1 (chargeoff foreclosure)

Transunion - 0

Equifax - 0

Public Records:

Zero

i had a recent chargeoff removed from TU & EQ (foreclosure) 3/2017, I think EX will remove it this reporting cycle. (reason score is lower then rest & higher since my original post )
i tried the creditcards.com/cardmatch site , they offered AMEX blue card & gold card, yet the tired the amex preQ site showed no offers.
Credit Karma shows as "very good" chances for the same cards, AMEX blue card & gold card.
is it ok to apply for these?
i really would like better cash back card with more zero interest/perks/points & greater credit limit.
should i wait on the EX chargeoff to be removed before applying to anything?
is there a card that i can apply based on the factors above that will elevate my credit worthiness and profile?
in the next 18 month i will be shopping for the following loans:
mortgage (14 years work history/ $60K salary)
Auto loan (zero interest new car/ or $13K grand used car)
any suggestions?
mods please move if this is not the correct place for this post.
thanks all.

any suggestions? i

So, I'm looking on the Venture page, https://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/venture, and I see this regarding the 40k mile signup bonus:

Existing or previous accountholders may not be eligible for this one-time bonus.

Can anyone confirm what would disqualify one from getting the bonus? Do they mean *any* cap one account, or a Venture specifically?

I got a second Venture and was able to get the 40K signup bonus.

Don't worry about it.

Question for ya'all --

I have 3 Cap One cards.
Card 1, QS, 30K limit, 20 months old,
Card 2, QS, 5 K limit, 13 months old, and
Card 3, Venture, 5K limit, 7 months old.

All started as Ventures. I got the 40000 point signup bonus on all three.

Card 1 got PCed to a Quicksilver 18 months ago.
Card 2 got PCed to a Quicksilver 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Cap One seems to like me, I put about $1000/mo spend monthly between the three cards, and they offer me balance transfers, and I use them ($5K on the $30K card right now) No problems getting approved in the past (except once when I had TU frozen).

I applied for another Venture today, declined.

Thoughts on this? No bureaus frozen, FICO 08 score 720s - 740s.

I see Doctor of Credit has a recent recon number list at

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/credit-cards/credit-card-reconsideration-line-telephone-numbers/

but I've read that Cap 1 doesn't do reconsiderations until you get a denial email....

Anything I'm obviously missing here, like a wait-time between product changes and applications for the same product?

TIA, MP

Or, now that I've racked up 3 HPs at 2:15 Pacific Time, is there anything else I should do today? Call in for a HP CLI on an existing card, for instance?

edit -- I tried doing a CLI online, just gave me the SP option, with a "we'll let you know of our decision in 2-3 biz days.

Edited by moneypyts

Right now I have a secured platinum its been sitting in a drawer, CS just below 700. I'm waiting for my new amex with highest CL on account to post to reports. Its not posted and 2nd statement closes Thursday. I'd like to pc to quick silver, but im a 4 out of 5 on 5/24 for chase & would like to app them next. Is pc considered a new account?

Right now I have a secured platinum its been sitting in a drawer, CS just below 700. I'm waiting for my new amex with highest CL on account to post to reports. Its not posted and 2nd statement closes Thursday. I'd like to pc to quick silver, but im a 4 out of 5 on 5/24 for chase & would like to app them next. Is pc considered a new account?

Welcome to CB! :)

How long have you had the secured platinum? AFAIK, you can't PC until your card is unsecured. PC'd cards are not considered a new account (a few exceptions: Walmart store -> MC).

How long have you had the secured platinum? AFAIK, you can't PC until your card is unsecured. PC'd cards are not considered a new account (a few exceptions: Walmart store -> MC).

Sorry I'm juggling two accounts on mobile and Pc for some reason.

I've had it approximately 9 months, if I call cap 1 and ask them to unsecure it, will they?

I've had it approximately 9 months, if I call cap 1 and ask them to unsecure it, will they?

I don't think that Cap One will unsecure on request. A lot of people have never gotten their secured cards to unsecure and they could be years and years old, but some of the newer secured cards have unsecured. Hopefully your card falls into this newer category, just have to wait on them to unsecure it.

I don't think that Cap One will unsecure on request. A lot of people have never gotten their secured cards to unsecure and they could be years and years old, but some of the newer secured cards have unsecured. Hopefully your card falls into this newer category, just have to wait on them to unsecure it.

I'll take the plunge for science and ask their customer service to unsecure my card.

I'll take the plunge for science and ask their customer service to unsecure my card.

Front line CSR checked, apparently, there is an option where he could have unsecured my card, but I did not qualify for whatever reason he did not disclose. Interesting info.

Front line CSR checked, apparently, there is an option where he could have unsecured my card, but I did not qualify for whatever reason he did not disclose. Interesting info.

I would try again when your Cap One is a year old.

I would try again when your Cap One is a year old.

Thanks for the suggestion, that time frame falls in just fine with my overall outline.

Really now maybe I will call for the hell of it tomorrow and see if they they tell me they can unsecure it. Or tell me sorry sir u need to apply for unsecured.

I have got Cap One to report a balance of $1.00 the last two months by leaving $1.6X balance on the QS1 card.

So you use that as your only reporting balance, call it the $1 trick? Or just testing to see what they report?
I haven't been but will in the future. I doubt 1 vs 2 has any impact on a very large portion of the data sets. Just thought it was interesting to note this was what I had stumbled on.