Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

guide to Capital one & the 2fer deal is dead

I emailed eo again to try to get my qs1 pced to qs. Guy told me before, to get qs, you need at least 3k and my qs1 was at 2k. Luv button got it to 4k the other day, so hopefully, I can get the qs now. Called number on back first and the csr said I can't change right now.

I emailed eo again to try to get my qs1 pced to qs. Guy told me before, to get qs, you need at least 3k and my qs1 was at 2k. Luv button got it to 4k the other day, so hopefully, I can get the qs now. Called number on back first and the csr said I can't change right now.

Contact the EO. They can get it done.

I have a Cap1 Platinum that just last month received a $500 increase to $800. I'd like to try and start getting better cards with higher increases.

Do you think it's fine to get a QS1 with the AF of $39 and go through the steps process and eventually merge it with my Platinum to increase the limit?Then I might be able to get a QS later on down the line.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

Just FYI...and without reading the last several pages, you can now link a debit card online as one of your payment accounts. You used to have to call in and do debit card payments by phone so this is much much better. This is mainly beneficial for M$ purposes.

Can you please expand on this? Not fully understanding what this means. I'm new and learning so please be kind and I promise to learn quickly.

I have a Cap1 Platinum that just last month received a $500 increase to $800. I'd like to try and start getting better cards with higher increases.

Do you think it's fine to get a QS1 with the AF of $39 and go through the steps process and eventually merge it with my Platinum to increase the limit?Then I might be able to get a QS later on down the line.

Offhand, I think you are doing good by getting a new CapOne and ultimately combining it with your older one.

Just so you know, CapOne will often waive the annual fee if you call them when the time comes.

Edited by PotO

Offhand, I think you are doing good by getting a new CapOne and ultimately combining it with your older one.

Just so you know, CapOne will often waive the annual fee if you call them when the time comes.

Thanks for the reply. I just applied for the QS1 and was approved for $500. This is good for me as I just am starting to rebuild and fix my situation. I will wait for the CLI in six months and go from there.

I just recently found this forum and am thankful I did. I'm reading everything and learning as fast as possible and will soon write a new thread about my situation when I get my facts and thoughts put together.

Thanks for all that everyone does on here as it truly helps people such as myself.

Thanks for the reply. I just applied for the QS1 and was approved for $500. This is good for me as I just am starting to rebuild and fix my situation. I will wait for the CLI in six months and go from there.

I just recently found this forum and am thankful I did. I'm reading everything and learning as fast as possible and will soon write a new thread about my situation when I get my facts and thoughts put together.

Thanks for all that everyone does on here as it truly helps people such as myself.

If your are able to run a bunch of money through your card, you should be able to get a CLI via. the love button after a couple of months. The six month "Credit Step" will still hit for a total of 2 CLIs in 6 months. Worked for me running 1-2x the limit through the card monthly. Love button during 4th billing cycle worked (paid down to < 10%) and also received the promised "Step" increase when the 6th statement cut. YMMV, but this seems to be a pretty consistent happening. Also seem that the more money you run through the greater CLI. I've read some credible stories of people making 5+ payment per MONTH on a 300 limit and they were rewarded for the hassle with nice increases.

Edited by Loansharkie

I know this was answered, because I saw it, but now I can't find it.

Cap1 used to let you open multiple cards at the same time, but as of June, they are making you stagger with how long in between applications?

I foolishly didn't read the whole thread and applied for a second card a couple days after I got the Platinum. My price for being impatient, I suppose.

Edited by TomInRenoNV

If your are able to run a bunch of money through your card, you should be able to get a CLI via. the love button after a couple of months. The six month "Credit Step" will still hit for a total of 2 CLIs in 6 months. Worked for me running 1-2x the limit through the card monthly. Love button during 4th billing cycle worked (paid down to < 10%) and also received the promised "Step" increase when the 6th statement cut. YMMV, but this seems to be a pretty consistent happening. Also seem that the more money you run through the greater CLI. I've read some credible stories of people making 5+ payment per MONTH on a 300 limit and they were rewarded for the hassle with nice increases.
Excellent to hear, thank you for sharing this info! My scenario is almost exactly as you've explained. I'll be going for the increase after the 3rd statement and I'll report back with what I did and if it works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by OmniCamaro

Cap1 used to let you open multiple cards at the same time, but as of June, they are making you stagger with how long in between applications?

I foolishly didn't read the whole thread and applied for a second card a couple days after I got the Platinum. My price for being impatient, I suppose.

It shouldn't hurt you. I bet they did not even pull your credit and give you an inquiry on the 2nd app, just blocked the app. That's what they did to me. Apps gotta be 6 months apart now.

It shouldn't hurt you. I bet they did not even pull your credit and give you an inquiry on the 2nd app, just blocked the app. That's what they did to me. Apps gotta be 6 months apart now.

Yeah, they won't pull your credit. It will just be an instant decline followed by a letter stating that you already have a recent app or an app in progress.

Six months sucks. But it can be worth it.

I just got approved for a Capital one Platinum Master Card with a limit of 3000 I have a Target card with a 300.00 limit that I got in March and a Gensis line of credit of 2000 that I got in March as well. I'm an authorized user on Capitol One account with a 10,000 cl but it's not showing up on my credit. My auto loan is also with Capitol one. I have paid it on time for almost 3 years next month. I have a one charge off which is a car loan.

Should I apply for another Capitol One card or any other CC for that matter. Please advise.

Thanks

I just got approved for a Capital one Platinum Master Card with a limit of 3000 I have a Target card with a 300.00 limit that I got in March and a Gensis line of credit of 2000 that I got in March as well. I'm an authorized user on Capitol One account with a 10,000 cl but it's not showing up on my credit. My auto loan is also with Capitol one. I have paid it on time for almost 3 years next month. I have a one charge off which is a car loan.

Should I apply for another Capitol One card or any other CC for that matter. Please advise.

Thanks

you cant apply for another Capitol One card now , as capital one Apps got to be 6 months apart now.

Edited by yhgfkj

I've been out of the loop for a little while, so I figured I'd better ask first.

Is it still possible to redeem miles on the same purchase, multiple times?

I am going to spend $500 in flights, but I have 110,000 miles I want to redeem.

It was ok a couple of months ago. Haven't tried it since then.

Yeah, I was able to before they updated their site. I was hoping someone here had done it since the update. If not, I'll be the guinea pig in a couple of days.

Still works.

I've been out of the loop for a little while, so I figured I'd better ask first.

Is it still possible to redeem miles on the same purchase, multiple times?

I am going to spend $500 in flights, but I have 110,000 miles I want to redeem.

It was ok a couple of months ago. Haven't tried it since then.

Yeah, I was able to before they updated their site. I was hoping someone here had done it since the update. If not, I'll be the guinea pig in a couple of days.

Still works.

Good to know.

God bless CapOne. :)

I currently have $93,000 in total credit with Capital 1 with 3 cards. What is the highest cumulative Capital 1 will allow you to have? I have 2 Venture1 cards and a Quicksilver Visa. I would like to know if I should apply for a Venture card and then combine it with another card in 6 months. Thank you very much.

Jimmy.

I currently have $104,450 over 3 cards. A Venture ($50k), Venture One($20k) & Quicksilver One ($34,450). A couple of days ago I hit 6th statement on the Venture and Venture One, so today with a zero balance on the last Venture statement, which is always PIF every month with heavy usage even up to $30-$40k some months, I hit the luv button to see if they will give me a CLI. Has anyone else here gotten a CLI on their $50k+ limit CapOne cards without doing an account combine of course? I got the 2-3 day message, so will update you guys when I get a response. I plan on hitting the luv button on the Venture One after I hear back on the Venture CLI. Also plan on combining the Venture One with the QS1 regardless of CLI sometime next month when the QS1 will hit 6 months since a combine and I can try for a CLI on it before combining with the V1. I just don't remember hearing anyone on here say they have gotten a CLI on a $50k+ card, so not holding my breath.

I currently have $93,000 in total credit with Capital 1 with 3 cards. What is the highest cumulative Capital 1 will allow you to have? I have 2 Venture1 cards and a Quicksilver Visa. I would like to know if I should apply for a Venture card and then combine it with another card in 6 months. Thank you very much.

Jimmy.

They will allow at least $100k. Probably even higher, but nobody has GP'd it yet that I know of.

Definitely go for that Venture!

I currently have $104,450 over 3 cards. A Venture ($50k), Venture One($20k) & Quicksilver One ($34,450). A couple of days ago I hit 6th statement on the Venture and Venture One, so today with a zero balance on the last Venture statement, which is always PIF every month with heavy usage even up to $30-$40k some months, I hit the luv button to see if they will give me a CLI. Has anyone else here gotten a CLI on their $50k+ limit CapOne cards without doing an account combine of course? I got the 2-3 day message, so will update you guys when I get a response. I plan on hitting the luv button on the Venture One after I hear back on the Venture CLI. Also plan on combining the Venture One with the QS1 regardless of CLI sometime next month when the QS1 will hit 6 months since a combine and I can try for a CLI on it before combining with the V1. I just don't remember hearing anyone on here say they have gotten a CLI on a $50k+ card, so not holding my breath.

I have gotten one, but it took a hell of a lot of spend and even then I only got $750. Better than nothing, though.

in 6 months or so I'm applying for a new crap1 to combo with my 80k VultureMini

I'll app a new one in two months. I'm on the Six Month Vacation Plan now.

I think I'm not going to go for a $100k CapOne and just stay with two $50k cards. If there's an economic downturn and CapOne goes Bakersfield chimp, I think the 50s have a better chance of surviving intact than a mega 100.

I think I'm not going to go for a $100k CapOne and just stay with two $50k cards. If there's an economic downturn and CapOne goes Bakersfield chimp, I think the 50s have a better chance of surviving intact than a mega 100.

I agree. I think I will just combine my Venture 1 into my QS1 for a $84,450 card and keep my Venture at $50k. Also have Penfed at $50k now. Just recently got the NFCU Flagship Visa, but only a $5k starting line for some strange reason. I will wait a few months and try to get that to $25k, then a few months later $50k. Eventually get that to max $80k. Hopefully all my cards will be minimum $25k and most at $50k+. I just hit my 6 month vacation, so will do another Venture app after I do my combining middle of next month. At $360k total revolving lines now. June 2014 I only had less than $20k. :D

Edited by pingpolo

I agree. I think I will just combine my Venture 1 into my QS1 for a $84,450 card and keep my Venture at $50k. Also have Penfed at $50k now. Just recently got the NFCU Flagship Visa, but only a $5k starting line for some strange reason. I will wait a few months and try to get that to $25k, then a few months later $50k. Eventually get that to max $80k. Hopefully all my cards will be minimum $25k and most at $50k+. I just hit my 6 month vacation, so will do another Venture app after I do my combining middle of next month. At $360k total revolving lines now. June 2014 I only had less than $20k. :D

Navy grows easily and quickly. They do like to see POI when going over $25k, but IME it's a one-time deal.

You should be on track to hit $500k in the near future.

Edited by PotO

Cap1 phone rep told me today that they do not do CLI on accounts within 6 months of a credit steps CLI. It was my understanding these were separate and you would be eligible for a CLI despite a Credit Steps increase.

I applied for a CLI from Capital One about 2 weeks ago. Got the 7-10 day message. Not surprised since I have an identity theft alert. Nothing after a week an a half, two days ago I get a call asking for information to confirm that I was the one that requested the CLI, says I should see the increase on my account in the next two days. I checked yesterday and they had raised it from 7k to 9k. My scores are around 720 and I have probably charged and paid $10K on that card over the last six months, had a $700 balance when I hit the button.

In contrast I applied for a second USAA card today, got a call about two hours later (identity theft thing again) and about an hour after that an approval message, New card has an $11K limit.