Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

guide to Capital one & the 2fer deal is dead

i ran an avg of 400 a month through there and paid it off before it cut so my score would not go down. how do i know if im in credit steps? i went on the preselector site and they told me to apply for the platinum..

They usually like to see good use in order to approve CLIs.

Not sure about Credit Steps.

If you can get a Platinum, go for it. Then down the road you can combine cards.

Edited by PotO

Will the GM Buypower combine with others? Got a preapproved mailer and CLI's have been no-go with them for over a year.

Nope. SOL.

Ended up using my qs1 the past week or so for $600, paid it to 0, hit cli button, went from 2k to 4k. Pretty happy about that. Hopefully I can get a pc to qs before af hits next month.

Ended up using my qs1 the past week or so for $600, paid it to 0, hit cli button, went from 2k to 4k. Pretty happy about that. Hopefully I can get a pc to qs before af hits next month.

Sweet!!!

Think I should send a sm to them tomorrow about a pc, or is that too soon? I opened the card august 22nd last year, so when will the af hit? Statement for August was last week.

Think I should send a sm to them tomorrow about a pc, or is that too soon? I opened the card august 22nd last year, so when will the af hit? Statement for August was last week.

You can try calling them first (number on back of card). That's how I PC'd my Platty to a QS.

eta - I don't know about AF's. I'd call now and ask.

Edited by Kat58

Question if anyone knows

I was approved a week ago for the wemc venture one with a $7500 cl

Can I ask and will I a cli after second statement cuts ?

Like I got on the qs1 it's not a credit steps card

Edited by Yuda1718

Question if anyone knows

Sure, it's a SP.

Question if anyone knows

Sure, it's a SP.

Cool and I guess I need to use it allot now for the next 3 months to gain it ?

Question if anyone knows

Can I ask and will I get a cli after second statement cuts ?

Sure, it's a SP.

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing great.

I have a Cap 1 account with a $25,000 limit (QuickSilver Visa 23.15% apr) and a Venture One account with a $20,000 limit (17.15% apr).

QuickSilver Visa, $25,000 limit, opened September 2015, 23.15%

Venture One, $20,000 limit, opened March 2016, 17.15%

If I close the QuickSilver Visa and merge it into the Venture One account, will those hurt my AAOA because of the fact that the QuickSilver Visa was opened 6 months earlier? I would like to keep the Venture One long term because of the lower interest rate. I don't usually carry a balance but you never know what can happen down the road.

Thanks again.

Jimmy.

I have a Cap 1 account with a $25,000 limit (QuickSilver Visa 23.15% apr) and a Venture One account with a $20,000 limit (17.15% apr).

If I close the QuickSilver Visa and merge it into the Venture One account, will those hurt my AAOA because of the fact that the QuickSilver Visa was opened 6 months earlier? I would like to keep the Venture One long term because of the lower interest rate. I don't usually carry a balance but you never know what can happen down the road.

Thanks again.

Jimmy.

It won't hurt your AAOA until the closed card falls off your credit reports, which is typically 10 years.

You should keep the Quicksilver open. It's the better card, and it's the older card. Merge the VentureOne into the Quicksilver. Then contact the EO for an APR reduction, and ask for the 17.15%.

Thanks again.

Jimmy.

It won't hurt your AAOA until the closed card falls off your credit reports, which is typically 10 years.

You should keep the Quicksilver open. It's the better card, and it's the older card. Merge the VentureOne into the Quicksilver. Then contact the EO for an APR reduction, and ask for the 17.15%.

Closed accounts also counts in the AOAA ?

Thanks again.

Jimmy.

Thank you. Why is the QuickSilver the better card?

Jimmy.

Closed accounts also counts in the AOAA?

Yes.

Jimmy.

1.5% cash back is better than 1.25% cash back.

Closed accounts also counts in the AOAA?

Yes.

Jimmy.

1.5% cash back is better than 1.25% cash back.

Thanks. Yes, that I know. But, I thought you were referring to other benefits. Thanks again for your input.

Jimmy.

I've been out of the loop for a little while, so I figured I'd better ask first.

Is it still possible to redeem miles on the same purchase, multiple times?

I am going to spend $500 in flights, but I have 110,000 miles I want to redeem.

I'm in the same boat.. Just got a decent 6 mo. Step CLI. Should we have a specific FICO/Account age and or balance % to get the QS1 changed to regular QS? I've also heard that the MC can actually be upgraded to a World Elite too?

I've been out of the loop for a little while, so I figured I'd better ask first.

It was ok a couple of months ago. Haven't tried it since then.

It was ok a couple of months ago. Haven't tried it since then.

Yeah, I was able to before they updated their site. I was hoping someone here had done it since the update. If not, I'll be the guinea pig in a couple of days.

CLI request on my QS1 that recently completed Credit Steps: 2-3 business day notice.

FWIW, my other QS gave me a 2-3 day last month and bumped me $2k.

CLI request on my QS1 that recently completed Credit Steps: 2-3 business day notice.

FWIW, my other QS gave me a 2-3 day last month and bumped me $2k.

U got lucky 95% of the 2-3 messages are denials.