guide to Capital one & the 2fer deal is dead

The last post in this topic was posted 765 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm pretty much good now honestly....

Hope you overcome, Juggs.  Would love to see you back to your old self.     FWIW, your work here on CapOne is priceless.  

Well, I might be an a**hole, but I am an honest a**hole.     We need you back, Mr. Juggs.  You are the only one who could decipher CapOne and we still have a lot of people asking questions a

Here's a trick with Cap1 if you want to know if a pending charge will post today.

If you have Quicken, they often update the posted charges early, before the website balance is updated.

I've had posted charges download on Quicken as early as the afternoon, and usually by 8pm-9pm Eastern.

The website balance doesn't update until very late, or overnight.

Unfortunately, this seems to only work for Quicken, and not the .csv files you can download.

When u hit the LUV button and they offer a crappy CLI i didnt accept or decline i just logged out of the account. Do i need to to decline in hopes of a better CLI offer ?

I don't know :P

Come on Kat u should know lol :angel: Juggs is M.I.A.

Kat kidnapped him. He's not missing. ;)

When u hit the LUV button and they offer a crappy CLI i didnt accept or decline i just logged out of the account. Do i need to to decline in hopes of a better CLI offer ?

UP to you, but I'd take what was offered. I did this exact same thing with a $2500 CLI offered on my Venture that had a $8k balance. I figured I was paying it off in a few days, so I'd wait. Checked and declined offer every day. After the balance was paid and posted, the offer was no longer available. So Iost out. Probably because of a Spark card application I made, but in any case, a bird in the hand...

He is willingly tied up in my basement.

I bet he tied himself up. :)

kittenwithawhip_01_zpsh2bptlbc.jpg

kittenwithawhip_01_zpsh2bptlbc.jpg

He will never untie himself. Never.

So i have both a secured capital one card and and quicksilver one card , the secured card has a zero balance and the other card has a 1000 balance with 500 payment pending.

It has been about six months since my last CLI i was told by the CSR on chat to hit the CLI increase button but i was denied for having a CLI to recent. Do i have a way to call in to see if they will Recon. I just got the message in my cap1 message center.

The last CLI was 2k when my credit was not as good as it is now. I have nothing negative on my Credit file right now.

So i have both a secured capital one card and and quicksilver one card , the secured card has a zero balance and the other card has a 1000 balance with 500 payment pending.

It has been about six months since my last CLI i was told by the CSR on chat to hit the CLI increase button but i was denied for having a CLI to recent. Do i have a way to call in to see if they will Recon. I just got the message in my cap1 message center.

The last CLI was 2k when my credit was not as good as it is now. I have nothing negative on my Credit file right now.

You attempted an increase too soon. It needs to be ~181/182 days since last increase. Also, wait until your payment has cleared.

You attempted an increase too soon. It needs to be ~181/182 days since last increase. Also, wait until your payment has cleared.

can i try again after that time period? its in 4 days .

can i try again after that time period? its in 4 days .

Yes.

Did we ever get a clarification on the new policy?

My last approval was 4/7. I tried several times in May for another but was shot down each time for too recent an application. Then I read it may be 90 days and decided to wait. Now, it has been more than 90 days since my last approval, but it will be late August before it is 90 days since my last application. I want to add another Venture for future combination, but do not want to app too soon and restart some clock.

My last approval was 4/7. I tried several times in May for another but was shot down each time for too recent an application. Then I read it may be 90 days and decided to wait. Now, it has been more than 90 days since my last approval, but it will be late August before it is 90 days since my last application. I want to add another Venture for future combination, but do not want to app too soon and restart some clock.

We assumed it was 90 days, but people have been told by CapOne its 6 months.

If you try now and get shot down because of recent previous app I doubt it will hurt your chances of applying again after 180 days.

Here's a new one. Helping a friend with his cli. A qs1 card opened on 4/16 in credit step. 500 sl and hit luv button increased to 1500 limit. Now the second card platinum was actually opened few days later after verification from double app. Same 500 sl and hit luv button. Gets 2-3 day msg. Here's the msg received. "Capital one credit limit increase is currently unavailable. It is currently evaluating the usage on this account." ??? Haven't read about this one before. Both card has around 1500 run thru each month since receiving. Both pif at the same time too. Any ideas? Both has been ran up to almost max and pif when it posted.

Edited by blitzdonkey

We assumed it was 90 days, but people have been told by CapOne its 6 months.

If you try now and get shot down because of recent previous app I doubt it will hurt your chances of applying again after 180 days.

For two years now, I have only received CLI every six months. That still has not stopped me from Mashing the button once a week. maybe I will get Lucky.

I'm trying to push everything I can through my new QS1 in hopes of a 91st-day CLI. Will a no-fee BT (pif, naturally) count toward my spend in the same way that a purchase would?

BT will probably not help.

The last post in this topic was posted 765 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.