Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

guide to Capital one & the 2fer deal is dead

thanks for the guestimates; those limits don't do much for me. I think I'll pass for now. I'd rather use inquiries and hits to AAOA on better products for my purposes.

This time last year, C1 was giving $30k, $40k even $50k right out of the gate on the Venture.

It seems that isn't happening at the moment though.

C1 also has the Spark Cash 2% Biz card. Bummer is it reports to personal. But on the plus side, I have seen reports of $100K and $130K limits on that card.

I'm also surprised you don't have a $60K Citi product by now

thanks for the guestimates; those limits don't do much for me. I think I'll pass for now. I'd rather use inquiries and hits to AAOA on better products for my purposes.

This time last year, C1 was giving $30k, $40k even $50k right out of the gate on the Venture.

It seems that isn't happening at the moment though.

C1 also has the Spark Cash 2% Biz card. Bummer is it reports to personal. But on the plus side, I have seen reports of $100K and $130K limits on that card.

I'm also surprised you don't have a $60K Citi product by now

I've only had citi a few years and have not been aggressive enough with the Luv button. I have forward and premier. thinking about the $450 AF card or the $0 AF Hilton card (then move my Amex hilton limit to SPG).

Edited by hegemony

He might venture to the app page, he might not. ..damn puns

I just don't think I'd use the crap1 venture enough to justify the hit on AAOA.

Hegemony, I just got approved for a Venture for $30K. You can use it to pay taxes and still come out ahead. The taxes for payusatax.com are 1.99% and you'd still make out at 2% by using the Venture to pay for your taxes. Now, get the 40,000 bonus points after 3 months, get a few credit limit increases during the 6-month period, and move the account over to another Capital One account. You can potentially have a $75K Capital one Account in no time. I "may" be considering combining all of my Capital One cards into 1. The inquiries won't be that bad. Just freeze Ex. I don't know your situation - is this just a game to you or could you use the bonus points? I can tell you that I got $30K and $15K in my last Venture and Venture One app back to back.

Jimmy.

Hegemony, I just got approved for a Venture for $30K. You can use it to pay taxes and still come out ahead. The taxes for payusatax.com are 1.99% and you'd still make out at 2% by using the Venture to pay for your taxes. Now, get the 40,000 bonus points after 3 months, get a few credit limit increases during the 6-month period, and move the account over to another Capital One account. You can potentially have a $75K Capital one Account in no time. I "may" be considering combining all of my Capital One cards into 1. The inquiries won't be that bad. Just freeze Ex. I don't know your situation - is this just a game to you or could you use the bonus points? I can tell you that I got $30K and $15K in my last Venture and Venture One app back to back.

Jimmy.

Thanks for the info. Congrats on the approval. I plan to use BBVA for 5% on taxes when I can. Still mulling this over.

Yes Hegemony, I got off the phone with the BBVA rep earlier and it's 5 points for ALL Transactions from Friday through Sunday. The rep also told me that the maximum limit BBVA NBA AMEX can go up to is $30K but you can answer that better. The nice thing about Cap 1 is that you can combine your limits and build a $100K or $150K card in due time. Again, it all depends on what floats your boat. You're probably relaxing on the sofa now with your feet up and just seizing each and every moment.

Jimmy.

I have 3 capital one Platinum mastercards can they be combined into 1? If so do they all need to be at zero balance?

The donor cards needs to be at 0 balance

I have 3 capital one Platinum mastercards can they be combined into 1? If so do they all need to be at zero balance?

The donor cards needs to be at 0 balance

Thank you.

Yes Hegemony, I got off the phone with the BBVA rep earlier and it's 5 points for ALL Transactions from Friday through Sunday. The rep also told me that the maximum limit BBVA NBA AMEX can go up to is $30K but you can answer that better. The nice thing about Cap 1 is that you can combine your limits and build a $100K or $150K card in due time. Again, it all depends on what floats your boat. You're probably relaxing on the sofa now with your feet up and just seizing each and every moment.

Jimmy.

Thanks for confirming the 30k limit on BBVA. I might ask them for a CLI (mine is 30k now) after I give it some action just to test what others have heard.

Back in the dark ages, it was often the case that once you were subprime with crap1 it was hard to get decent limits with crap1's prime cards. Does anyone know if that remains so?

Yes, it remains because my friend still has The Platinum cards. He'll be lucky if he gets a $700 increase on the Platinum card. But, he applied for 2 ventures back to back and got two approvals at $20K each. Go figure.

Jimmy.

I'm sorry Hegemony. I may have missed something on your post. You can still get a $15K Venture with a 670 FICO with Capital 1.

Edited by jimmyconway

Yes, it remains because my friend still has The Platinum cards. He'll be lucky if he gets a $700 increase on the Platinum card. But, he applied for 2 ventures back to back and got two approvals at $20K each. Go figure.

Jimmy.

I'm sorry Hegemony. I may have missed something on your post. You can still get a $15K Venture with a 670 FICO with Capital 1.

you've answers my questions. thanks. I just have to get off the pot. :wave:

Jimmy.

If he PCs the Plat to a QS he may get it higher. My plat started out at 300 and wouldn't go above 700 until I PCd. Sitting at $7k now, which is mid range for my cards. I haven't done any combining though.

Yes, the QS will be much higher. I think the QS and the Venture One can be in the same ball park depending on the credit profile. The Venture is the highest.

Jimmy.

Yes, the QS will be much higher. I think the QS and the Venture One can be in the same ball park depending on the credit profile. The Venture is the highest.

Jimmy.

The quick silver has always been my lowest approval

Yes Mr Juggs. I agree. I rate them from lowest to highest:

QS one=journey

QS

Platinum

Venture One

Venture

Jimmy.

Fixed kind of Edited by mrjuggalo9er

does freezing a CRA delay approvals? that is, does crap1 think a person is hiding something? TIA

No, people who freeze with borderline profiles get denied however