mrjuggalo9er

guide to Capital one & the 2fer deal is dead

Thank you..... Asked for an increase on my Venture One card yesterday and went from $10,000 to $15,000. The info here is spot on!!!!!!

I have 2 Cap One cards. Both are eligible for CLI's.

If I get an increase on 1, will I get an increase on the 2nd, or will they make me wait? Is there any particular strategy, for doing this?

Coff33, do the cli, combine them and apply for Venture and venture 1....could have a 50k capital one card 6 months from now

Mr Juggs, Do you need to be at $49,999 as the highest credit limit for FICO to consider your credit limit as part of utilization? OR, is it $50K and not a cent more? Thanks.

Jimmy.

It has been reported that the 50K line still counts into your overall utilization, but does not count it as single utilization.

Meaning if your 50K line is the only line carrying a balance for that month, FICO will count it as no cards carrying a balance and thus you take the hit for no lines reporting usage. There is a thread by BW that goes into detail about utilization, I am to lazy to look it up and link it.

It is possible to apply and get 3 Venture cards. 1 at first and then 2 more 31 days later.

To my understanding the maximum limit is 2 of the same card

Wrong. Can have 3 Ventures. Proof is here.

It is possible to apply and get 3 Venture cards. 1 at first and then 2 more 31 days later.

To my understanding the maximum limit is 2 of the same card

Wrong. Can have 3 Ventures. Proof is here.

Thank you for being so candid, are you meaning 3 Ventures or 2 venture and a venture one Edited by mrjuggalo9er

With the advent of combining accounts, quick silver, venture, venture one, quick silver one, and platinum are all eligible to be combined with very few exceptions. This being said if your profile is similar to when you were first approved you can combine and then reapply for the card you just eliminated and get the sign up bonus again if one was offered.

For noobs like me...

Can QS1 be PC'd to QS to retain the age of the account, or would it be preferable to app QS and combine the QS1 into it after credit steps are run for 6 months?

Thank you.

With the advent of combining accounts, quick silver, venture, venture one, quick silver one, and platinum are all eligible to be combined with very few exceptions. This being said if your profile is similar to when you were first approved you can combine and then reapply for the card you just eliminated and get the sign up bonus again if one was offered.

For noobs like me...

Can QS1 be PC'd to QS to retain the age of the account, or would it be preferable to app QS and combine the QS1 into it after credit steps are run for 6 months?

Thank you.

yes it will keep account age

For noobs like me...

Thank you.

do you mean it will keep the age if combined or just if PCd?

For noobs like me...

Thank you.

do you mean it will keep the age if combined or just if PCd?

I meant ombine to your oldest card and pc that to a quicksilver

Thanks for re-directing me here Juggz.

Very good thread you started here.

Ok, so to continue where we left off. As you know, I just came off my app spree. CapOne was the last application I had put in. I got turned down for "too many INQ's" but it could have been that I had EQ on ice as well. I wrote to EO. Got a call from EO. Was told that they would re-send my app over to UW for manual review. They did exactly that and I got approved for a $10k Venture (w/ AF).

My next move will probably be by late summer/fall. (Unless you think otherwise)

What should my next move be? CLI current card and apply to Venture with no AF?

or should I go for (2) QS cc's?

I'm still stunned that people are doing 2 and 3 of the exact same cc's.

anyone know how soon after approval does capital one report to CRAs?

They have been quirky on that. Mine reported pretty quickly (within the first month) but there is another poster here who has expressed his/her frustration that the 6th statement has cut and it still hasn't reported. YMMV, but I think it is usually within the first couple of statements.

Ok, so to continue where we left off. As you know, I just came off my app spree. CapOne was the last application I had put in. I got turned down for "too many INQ's" but it could have been that I had EQ on ice as well. I wrote to EO. Got a call from EO. Was told that they would re-send my app over to UW for manual review. They did exactly that and I got approved for a $10k Venture (w/ AF).

I would apply for them all but then again I am wreckless lol

They have been quirky on that. Mine reported pretty quickly (within the first month) but there is another poster here who has expressed his/her frustration that the 6th statement has cut and it still hasn't reported. YMMV, but I think it is usually within the first couple of statements.

Good to know. In the mean time does the same quiet hurt you since there is now new account.

Thanks for the info. that's a little disappointing I want to build my history. Do they report to all 3 CRAs?

Thanks for the info. that's a little disappointing I want to build my history. Do they report to all 3 CRAs?

Yup

Yup

Awesome thanks!

I would apply for them all but then again I am wreckless lol

Maybe I will. Not right now though because everything is still fresh. Summer/Fall. Some old INQ's will drop by then too.

just for the record

you can combine cards if you have rewards on the donor card, I intentionally tested this by leaving 14 miles on the first card I killed off through them

just for the record

you can combine cards if you have rewards on the donor card, I intentionally tested this by leaving 14 miles on the first card I killed off through them

Does that mean that those rewards disappeared? Being that you can't currently transfer rewards, I would assume so, but just want to be clear. :grin: