mrjuggalo9er

guide to Capital one & the 2fer deal is dead

Airfare refundable tickets.

I found a refundable jetblue ticket that almost matches my "miles" exactly, but under cancellation policy it says the following.. Does that matter?
Your ticket is refundable.
If you cancel you will receive credit back to your credit card or rewards account minus any resulting fees
If you cancel your reservation, airlines usually charge $200 or more for domestic tickets and $300 or more for international tickets before determining the amount that can be credited or returned.
Edited by deanmartini

I found a refundable jetblue ticket that almost matches my "miles" exactly, but under cancellation policy it says the following.. Does that matter?

If you cancel you will receive credit back to your credit card or rewards account minus any resulting fees

If you cancel your reservation, airlines usually charge $200 or more for domestic tickets and $300 or more for international tickets before determining the amount that can be credited or returned.

Gully refundable, no fee. ...motels. ..car rental. ...very few airlines

Great info Juggs, thank you!

A quick note for what I just figured out. When you purchase a fully refundable hotel stay, etc. keep in mind that when you cancel you'll lose your rewards for that purchase. This is why I have a negative rewards balance :blush2:

So I spent $100 on a hotel stay, then when that posted used all of my reward milez to get a statement credit. However after cancelling the hotel stay, my 200 milez for that purchase were reversed, therefore I'm now at -200 milez.

So when redeeming don't use your newly earned milez on the redemption and that way you'll end up with an even 0 balance after cancelling. :good:

How long do I wait to cancel the fully refundable hotel?

I got approved for a second set of Venture One and Venture cards yesterday after combining the previous Venture One and Venture cards into another Cap 1 card. I applied for both Venture One and Venture cards within 5 minutes and got approved for both - Cap 1 pulled 2 TU reports and 2 Equifax reports. I had EXP frozen.

So, it is probably common that they will pull multiple credit reports, even if it's within a few minutes apart.

Jimmy.

I got approved for a second set of Venture One and Venture cards yesterday after combining the previous Venture One and Venture cards into another Cap 1 card. I applied for both Venture One and Venture cards within 5 minutes and got approved for both - Cap 1 pulled 2 TU reports and 2 Equifax reports. I had EXP frozen.

So, it is probably common that they will pull multiple credit reports, even if it's within a few minutes apart.

Jimmy.

Of course they pull twice. It's the CRA's computers that merge the pulls.

Just book an "Anytime" or "Business Select" flight on Southwest. Those are always cancelable.

Well, there was a report that if Cap 1 will only use 1 inquiry for each bureau if you apply for the Venture and Venture One card at the same time.

Jimmy.

Just book an "Anytime" or "Business Select" flight on Southwest. Those are always cancelable.
And don't be stupid with JetBlue. Some tickets are fully refundable, and some tickets are refunded to your "JetBlue Bank".

Forgot to throw in the eo can be good for cli richard.farkbanks@capitalone. Com

Good for $500.00 to 3k rarely more

What does EO mean?

Executive office, the e mail address is on the first page of this thread

Couple of questions on CapOne. Was going to start a new thread buy one of my two fits here. When you combine, which I did yesterday.... My old card is still showing with a big RED "THIS CARD IS RESTRICTED" notation. Can I remove this card from my profile?

After that.... How long before I can apply again to get another CapOne.... To then combine again? Can I do it right away or should I wait??

Thanks

Edited by djgrolyo

Couple of questions on CapOne. Was going to start a new thread buy one of my two fits here. When you combine, which I did yesterday.... My old card is still showing with a big RED "THIS CARD IS RESTRICTED" notation. Can I remove this card from my profile?

After that.... How long before I can apply again to get another CapOne.... To then combine again? Can I do it right away or should I wait??

Thanks

If you are referring to the donor card is restricted because you just closed it. ...I waited a little bit but others have applied immediately

Excellent topic Juggs! Any insight you'd like to share on business spark cards would be appreciated thanks

Excellent topic Juggs! Any insight you'd like to share on business spark cards would be appreciated thanks

Wait for konrad tipi chime in on that one

Just got approved for 2 cards...so how do I go about the cli at 90 days? Thanks a bunch. :good:

Try and use the cards a lot. Put as much $$ through them as you can. Pay in full (multiple times a month if necessary) wait until one day after your 3rd statement is generated on your account. Then hit the credit line increase button.

It is possible to apply and get 3 Venture cards. 1 at first and then 2 more 31 days later.

To my understanding the maximum limit is 2 of the same card

But you can't combine rewards...?

This is directly from the CapOne website:

We’re working to upgrade our system and have temporarily removed the ability to transfer rewards. We know this feature is important to you, and our goal is to bring it back by April 2016. In the meantime, we still offer a great selection of redemption options. To review your current redemption options, please click on your rewards balance next to the image of your credit card. Thanks for bearing with us as we work to make your rewards experience better.

I have 2 Cap One cards. Both are eligible for CLI's.

If I get an increase on 1, will I get an increase on the 2nd, or will they make me wait? Is there any particular strategy, for doing this?

Thanks

If you are referring to the donor card is restricted because you just closed it. ...I waited a little bit but others have applied immediately

Thx. I was referring to that as the donor card, and I know it is closed... It's just my OCD issue again.. :)

I don't want that card showing on my profile now. I guess I was asking if there is a way to remove the card just like you can add one to your profile?

Thx for the reply on the wait time. Probably will wait for a bit as I don't need anymore INQ's but it is tempting

I have 2 Cap One cards. Both are eligible for CLI's.

If I get an increase on 1, will I get an increase on the 2nd, or will they make me wait? Is there any particular strategy, for doing this?

They won't make you wait. CLIs on one card don't affect CLIs for another card. When I request a CLI, I do it for all 3 of my cards at the same time and have never had an issue.