Nearing the 660-719 (Good) Fico Range. Next Card??

The last post in this topic was posted 1923 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

hello,

i want to be prepped in advance. Right now all three ficos are right at about 620. Im expecting 1-2 more months of reporting and this last experian mark removed will put me there (maybe just the mark getting removed).

One I am there I want to know which ards I should apply for. Im worried because i dont know if i should apply for everything at once (like if i did one at a time it will look like many iquiries and more would get declined?) instead of doing them all at once? Or should i be picky and choosy? I currently have the following cards

open sky secure - 200cl 20 mmonths report

first progress - 550cl next month first month report

bank visa secured - 500cl will report next month

chase freedom unsecured - 2500cl

all paid early in full always.

The options on myfico.com for that score range are.

-chase sapphire preferred

-chase slate

-capone quicksliver cash rewards

-discover it chrome double cash

-milestone gold mastercard

-playstation card from cap one

-cap one student (not a student does it matter)?

-cap one venture ash rewards

-discoverit 18 month balancc xfer

-nfl extra points cc

-buypowercard from capone

discoverit chrome for stundents

-barclay arrival plus world elite

-discover it doble cash back

-skipped a bunch of other cap one offers for other brands "buying power cards" lmk if good

-credit one bank cash back rewards

-barclay arrival world mastercard

-cashback reward plus amex

-barclay rewards mc

-british airwaays visa signature

-marriott rewards

lmk what to ap for first etc thanks! also should i wait for my score to be a certain point in that range? My plan is to just keep dumping more funds to my secured cards between now and then.

right i understand. however my score just popped another 24 or 27 id havve to login today points and im very close. i wasnt very specific but giving me a score range and card from that list to apply for wld be better to get the ball rolling since literally any day now i will be there. im expecting one day late next week or early the following. thank you for any help i appologize for not being clear you may have thoguht i was still in the 5s?

Even with that informatio , you still need to slow down. You will end up getting a lot of inquiries without many if any approvals. A lot more goes into getting unsecured approvals worth getting other than your score. With the cards you currently have at the limits you have on them, i think you will have a lot more no's than yes's if you go on any type of app spree in the near future.

Its very exciting when your scores start to rise but you really need a well thought out long term plan. Between everything you are trying to do on the business side to the personal side, i teally think you have to many things going on and its going to set you up for falure. Hopefully im wrong. Good luck in whatever you decide to do

Nothing wrong with research... just don't jump the gun and app or you will set yourself back.

What do you want from your credit cards?

Carry a balance ... Cash back... Travel rewards... ?

What is your goal? Travel? Cashback? 0% offers?

lol

i was too slow

The reason you should slow down is by taking time now to build your scores by getting to 1% utilization establishing 2+ years on time payment history and getting off any negatives ... you will be able to get about any set of cards you want with much higher starting limits.

Some people can't wait for a variety of reasons, but to wait is better.

So ideally you should be able to tell us what cards you should apply for and why you will qualify for them, then you will be ready for proof reading of your plan.

:-)

What is your goal? Travel? Cashback? 0% offers?

not sure. I was reading some of the points tactics when i was younger. ive heard of guys freerolling points and stuff when you know which cards to get. Im open to any suggestions! :)

The reason you should slow down is by taking time now to build your scores by getting to 1% utilization establishing 2+ years on time payment history and getting off any negatives ... you will be able to get about any set of cards you want with much higher starting limits.

Some people can't wait for a variety of reasons, but to wait is better.

So ideally you should be able to tell us what cards you should apply for and why you will qualify for them, then you will be ready for proof reading of your plan.

:-)

Right i unerstand this to but and credit i can access I can leverage much further. Im trying to get what I can so I can begin leveraging more.

Even with that informatio , you still need to slow down. You will end up getting a lot of inquiries without many if any approvals. A lot more goes into getting unsecured approvals worth getting other than your score. With the cards you currently have at the limits you have on them, i think you will have a lot more no's than yes's if you go on any type of app spree in the near future.

Its very exciting when your scores start to rise but you really need a well thought out long term plan. Between everything you are trying to do on the business side to the personal side, i teally think you have to many things going on and its going to set you up for falure. Hopefully im wrong. Good luck in whatever you decide to do

yes i dont wwant to apply at too many just the right amount. 1 2 ,3 apps more? which ones? Some access for me to credit right now is better then none sicne i only spend 10-30% anyway and always pay in full. I can really leverage that credit.

hello,

i want to be prepped in advance. Right now all three ficos are right at about 620. Im expecting 1-2 more months of reporting and this last experian mark removed will put me there (maybe just the mark getting removed).

One I am there I want to know which ards I should apply for. Im worried because i dont know if i should apply for everything at once (like if i did one at a time it will look like many iquiries and more would get declined?) instead of doing them all at once? Or should i be picky and choosy? I currently have the following cards

-chase slate

-nfl extra points cc

-skipped a bunch of other cap one offers for other brands "buying power cards" lmk if good

-barclay rewards mc

-marriott rewards

lmk what to ap for first etc thanks! also should i wait for my score to be a certain point in that range? My plan is to just keep dumping more funds to my secured cards between now and then.

You've got plenty of cards, and several are new? You should stop and not apply for anything for at least 6 months. Use what you have responsibly, don't forget to put it all on autopay in case although I would still pay manually.

You're going to get decline after decline if you try for anything now.

Put your energy into fixing your credit reports: start by pulling your credit reports and ordering hard copies in the mail, meanwhile read whychats credit repair documents and go over your reports then come back and post what you have on them. Once you fix this underlying problem your scores will really go up and you'll be able to get any cards you want.

It may take a little time, but it's worth it in the end.

How much rewards return do you calculate you are missing by waiting say 6 months?

i hav eno idea i do not know much about rewards.

hello,

-chase slate

-nfl extra points cc

-barclay rewards mc

-marriott rewards

You've got plenty of cards, and several are new? You should stop and not apply for anything for at least 6 months. Use what you have responsibly, don't forget to put it all on autopay in case although I would still pay manually.

You're going to get decline after decline if you try for anything now.

Put your energy into fixing your credit reports: start by pulling your credit reports and ordering hard copies in the mail, meanwhile read whychats credit repair documents and go over your reports then come back and post what you have on them. Once you fix this underlying problem your scores will really go up and you'll be able to get any cards you want.

It may take a little time, but it's worth it in the end.

already pulled all of this paying 29.99 a month for myfico too. All my cards are secured. I only have 1 unsecured. 650 fico you still think i would get all declines? My reports are immaculate with the last 198$ debt should be removed this week or next. Last thing on there is a tax lien which many have said here will / will not hurt me a few people mentioned very large lines with much bigger tax liens then mine.

Anyway the lien is frivolous too as my employer at the time misrepped my income and is now MIA. i am sending all docs etc to the irs this week so that should be off of my record soon enough too. I guess it doesnt reallly matter though I would told this will not affect much until i start having assets.

Edited by CrystalCreditBall

Personally, If you currently have no current goal in mind regarding CC offers you have no business applying at this time.

Let your reports get better, get an idea of what your needs present and future are and attack it with a plan..

It isn't that far of a jump into an abyss of rolling debt one can't rid one's self of by adopting a travel hobby that one previously wasn't bankrolling, or spending just to see more rewards.

Like i said earlier and numerous others did as well, yes, you will get turn down afyer turn down with your profile and a 650 score. A score is just part of the equation and the bigger part, which is your credit depth is still lacking. Again, let your accounts age for at least 6 months and try to get some cli's on those accounts and go from there. You will have a much better chance at approvals and larger limits

the only ones that offer cli are the hase unsecure and the bank visa should hopefuly be coming this week. they both said after 6 months they will cli

i have the means to pay all mydebts down please keep the broke accusations to ones self if folks want to help im all ears if not pplease dont even comment. Pay all my stuff on time file is squeaky clean will wait and build and just spend 10-30% as instructed.

thank you everyone

Edited by CrystalCreditBall

apply for

discover it double the first year

chase sapphire

chase slate

chase ink

amex bluecash preferred

bbva compass

barclays arrival world

barclay arrival plus

"discover it double the first year" are you saying wait from one year from today to apply for that?

are you saying for all of these? Or one i get into that bracket apply for them? Its important for me to get my hands on more credit because i can leverage the heck out of those funds.

apply for

chase sapphire

chase slate

chase ink

amex bluecash preferred

bbva compass

barclays arrival world

barclay arrival plus

"discover it double the first year" are you saying wait from one year from today to apply for that?

are you saying for all of these? Or one i get into that bracket apply for them? Its important for me to get my hands on more credit because i can leverage the heck out of those funds.

double cash

apply for

chase sapphire

chase slate

chase ink

amex bluecash preferred

bbva compass

barclays arrival world

barclay arrival plus

Why would someone get a Slate with no balances to transfer?

he listed it.

he was told time and again to slow down by zobelle and financeman and then OP calls them trolling because he wasnt told to go ahead and apply.

perhaps my advice of go apply even if your score sux will make OP feel better, he wasnt really looking for advice, he was looking for confirmation that what he is doing is good and he will be approved. so here i am, if you can't beat them, join them.

the only ones that offer cli are the hase unsecure and the bank visa should hopefuly be coming this week. they both said after 6 months they will cli

i have the means to pay all mydebts down please keep the broke accusations to ones self if folks want to help im all ears if not pplease dont even comment. Pay all my stuff on time file is squeaky clean will wait and build and just spend 10-30% as instructed.

thank you everyone

My comment didn't imply that you are "broke", Just that it is easy to get over one's head by applying for travel cards and "forcing" yourself to travel when it wasn't previously a hobby for you. I've seen it happen before.

Know what you want out of credit cards and you'll get what you want with a good solid profile.

Edited by Zobelle

The short and skinny of it....

You stated you don't have any balances to roll so 0% shouldn't matter.

So let's try this one more time..

Do you travel much?

What does the bulk of your purchases consist of?

This can aid you in getting advice on what to apply for IF and WHEN your credit profile supports it.

The short and skinny of it....

You stated you don't have any balances to roll so 0% shouldn't matter.

So let's try this one more time..

Do you travel much?

What does the bulk of your purchases consist of?

This can aid you in getting advice on what to apply for IF and WHEN your credit profile supports it.

dont travel much. work from home basically never leave now really spending on nothing more except food right now stacking as much as i can. no car or any expenses i cut my phone run everything straight through wifi.

im disconnecting from the system as much as possible about 8 more months and ill have enough organic fish to feed myself for half a lifetime.

So what should i do since i dont really spend like that? I started reading some of the forums with the guys that are moving these points around. Some of it just seems so scammy. I know its not though because ive heard about this from family members and stuff. though I dont know what im really reading and its hard to merge data from here to there im so lost (for now at least :D :D ) anyway any suggestions lmk

The last post in this topic was posted 1923 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.