Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

What Has Creditboards Done For You?

The last post in this topic was posted 1613 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

It's done wonders for me started my rebuild in AUG,2014 no BK scores were in the 540s in just a Year and a half TU is clean EX,EQ one baddie left all scores north of 700 never thought in my wildest dreams i would ever have A AMEX card that came true. just want to say thanks to every one who helped me on my journey. :yu:

Let's see, what has CB done for me?...................

1. There are/were people in a deeper hole than me.

2. Always recon.

3. 99.999% of store cards are bad. 100% are bad for some.

4. Inspired me to garden.

I started off not too long after you Hege and with slightly worse scores (one high 500's the others low 600's) - Got to almost 800 but after a short stumble during 2008-2009-2010 credit crunch where some of my TL's got balance Chase-d and I used my credit as a backstop during an income cut it dipped back down in the high 600's. Now back in the 800s and on my way to Mini-DR (that's Debt Reduction, not Dave Ramsey!) by end-of-year

Creditboards has done wonders for me. I can always come here and find the answer to what I am seeking. Recently after reading threads about those who were successful writing to the EO of Cap One, I asked for a $1,000 increase on both my Cap One QS and Platinuum cards. It took two weeks but I logged in last week and saw I had an increase for $500 each card. Feb 6 my sixth statement cuts and I am hoping for another increase. My car was totaled in 7/2015 in front of my house while I was asleep by a drunk driver. After GEICO and my GAP payed I still owed GM financial $2,000. They were nasty and unbulging so I payed them in four installments. Unfortunately they put one thirty day late on my CRA's and my scores dropped. I am now at 615 from 659 with EQ. My other two EX and TU were 590, I still have to check that my first Ch 7 from 2005 is off. Overall, CB has been a lifesaver for me. There are so many here who have been in far worse situations, but they deeply inspire me to keep plugging along and not give up..

If I get my EX and EQ clean tomorrow from early deletes, 4 mos but pushing it, I will be clean... and I will check in from being at 420 two years ago. I should be straight 800;s or near enough as I have been in serious repair and renovation. TU is clean as a whistle. Now to see about BLs but then I did not even know that they existed two years ago, or how the scores worked, or how to renovate a falldown house.

I am now down to staining the trimwork. None of this could be done without all of the people who were helpful and patient. It takes a LOT of time but I was such a mess that it would not have been off in 7 years given judgments and tax liens and all of the crapola I found.

However, it goes to show that you are never too late to learn a new discipline. And to teach others how to make it work. Thanks to all.

CB inspired and taught me how to handle my finances better. The education and opportunity fro growth is never- ending. Met a lot of cool people here. I invited some of my friends here also for learning.

I don't know if I really have contributed much here. I try to chime in here and there based on my personal experience for data. But other than that, I am sometimes wary about giving advice because I personally feel that I am still learning. Thanks to everyone who share their knowledge selflessly! :wave:

Heg where is that graph from. I would live to do one of mine.

CB has done amazing things for me. I wish I could pay the info forward but a new house and 2 small kids have severely limited my Internet activities. My goal this year is to be on here much more.

CB has done amazing things for me. I wish I could pay the info forward but a new house and 2 small kids have severely limited my Internet activities. My goal this year is to be on here much more.

myfico

What has CB done for me? I wouldn't know where to start. Overall, it has given me life. I also had the opportunity to come to know some people amazing on the site, including admin (I love Mama Breeze!).

I am happy I stumbled across this gem. :wub:

Edited by AnnMichele

Given me the knowledge to properly dispute credit inaccuracies, recon credit applications/CLs, taught me the ins/outs of signup bonuses & rewards CCs, and taught me M$ .

200_s.gif

Better yet, what have you done for creditboards.com?

I hear my hiatuses have been popular.

I heard this was your personal playground :D

I will add that CB has turned my credit journey into somewhat of a hobby.

^ this

What I used to think of as drudgery has actually become an entertaining pastime. :grin:

I will add that CB has turned my credit journey into somewhat of a hobby.

^ this

What I used to think of as drudgery has actually become an entertaining pastime. :grin:

And its not just my credit either. I find myself discretely noticing the plastic others use too. Sometimes I see stink like First Premier, and on the rare occasion I see a black Centurion, or the JP Morgan palladium. Speaking of stink, I saw somebody's Credit One card get declined this morning at the gas station.

myfico

How much did all those myfico pulls cost! :swoon:

CB has given me the knowledge to know what my options where and to not get bullied around by collection agencies. It has also opened up a world of information that I would have never of known about. Something as simple as asking for a PC on my platinum card to a QS card. I would have never known to do that and I would have been missing out on free money.

Lastly, it has brought me around some amazing people who have been so helpful and understanding. I really enjoy coming on here and seeing success stories and trying my best to help where I can. The mods and admin dont here it enough but they do an amazing job here and are truly appreciated

Speaking of stink, I saw somebody's Credit One card get declined this morning at the gas station.

Not surprised. With as low as CLs that Credit One gives out the amount that is put on "hold" by a gas station probably exceeded it. Some gas stations just reserve $1 to make sure the card is good, but others hold as much as $150. I know that's been bantered about prior to now on here

Speaking of stink, I saw somebody's Credit One card get declined this morning at the gas station.

Not surprised. With as low as CLs that Credit One gives out the amount that is put on "hold" by a gas station probably exceeded it. Some gas stations just reserve $1 to make sure the card is good, but others hold as much as $150. I know that's been bantered about prior to now on here

The lady was buying a candy bar, no gas. Lol.

The last post in this topic was posted 1613 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.