Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

LG's 'White Card' could replace all your credit and debit cards

The last post in this topic was posted 1818 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

lg-white-card.jpg

Remember Coin, the electronic card that promised to replace your credit cards, debit cards and rewards cards? Yeah, it was a flop, but LG is now reportedly cooking up a similar version of the all-in-one payment card.

The credit-card-like device will reportedly be called LG Pay White Card, according to a report by ETNews. Like Coin and Plastc, the White Card will be able to store several credit, debit and rewards cards. A LEAKED PHOTO OF THE SO-CALLED WHITE CARD (SHOWN ABOVE) SHOWS A CARD WITH A SIMPLE LCD TO DISPLAY WHICH CARD IS SELECTED, AS WELL AS BUTTONS TO SWITCH BETWEEN THE CARDS. THE CONTACTS ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE CARD ARE USED FOR CHARGING THE WHITE CARD, WHICH REQUIRES A SEPARATE CHARGER....mashable.com

Edited by credithunting

I'll pass. Just a step closer to mark of the beast. I'll keep using my wallet.

honestly, I'd love to have a bar code or RFID chip in my finger if it means no keys or cards or subprime cash to schlep around.

Guest fuzzywuzzy

Pretty cool for places that don't accept apple/android pay.

is it stainless steel?

Do you remember the long thread on the new stainless steel thread. It went on and on and got better and better...

I've had Pd and currently have the die cast CSP. never thought stainless or other metal is interesting. I did make $900 on a starbucks gift card they issued in stainless steal. I sold it on ebay. good times.

lg-white-card.jpg

Remember Coin, the electronic card that promised to replace your credit cards, debit cards and rewards cards? Yeah, it was a flop, but LG is now reportedly cooking up a similar version of the all-in-one payment card.

The credit-card-like device will reportedly be called LG Pay White Card, according to a report by ETNews. Like Coin and Plastc, the White Card will be able to store several credit, debit and rewards cards. A LEAKED PHOTO OF THE SO-CALLED WHITE CARD (SHOWN ABOVE) SHOWS A CARD WITH A SIMPLE LCD TO DISPLAY WHICH CARD IS SELECTED, AS WELL AS BUTTONS TO SWITCH BETWEEN THE CARDS. THE CONTACTS ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE CARD ARE USED FOR CHARGING THE WHITE CARD, WHICH REQUIRES A SEPARATE CHARGER....mashable.com

I predicted this 25 years ago.......

but now I want it on an implanted chip and tied to my DNA.

I'll pass.

I only used Apple Pay during the Discover 22% deal but was asked twice to see my Discover card. I happened to have it with me. So what happens when you are asked to see the original card? You'd have to carry the original with you anyway, which defeats the purpose.

As others have already noted, these types of cards are hyped every few months and the companies always claim that they are close to being released, but it never happens. This will end the same way.

Hope it works better than their appliances

This This This This This.

OMG. This. They make the worlds WORST appliances. And there TV's aren't much better.

I want one for all the loyalty cards for gas stations supermarkets auto parts stores library cards .............

Hope it works better than their appliances

This This This This This.

OMG. This. They make the worlds WORST appliances. And there TV's aren't much better.

J.D. Power thinks people like them :(

http://www.jdpower.com/press-releases/2015-kitchen-and-laundry-appliance-satisfaction-studies

LG: Three Awards

Something else to charge? Pass!

Edited by virtualtreasure

And what happens when the merchant asks to see the actual card?

I have no problem with carrying more than 1 card, and it takes the same amount of effort to pay.

So what keeps the waiter/waitress from accidentally hitting the forward or back button and you end up paying with a card you didn't intend to...........?

The last post in this topic was posted 1818 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.