Sign in to follow this  
flgrl75

Credit Karma has lost its mind.

Thankfully I'm not one to rely on these fakos. I use CCT. However from time to time I hop on and see what it says.

Today, my score supposedly dropped 90 points and my Equifax has been wiped of all accounts, inquires collections...EVERYTHING.

On another note, what do you guys suggest I use to keep better track of all my credit card due dates? I'm afraid I'll miss one somewhere. Although I have about 10 only 4 have a balance.

One more question, I've been with cap 1 for 1.5 yrs with a secured, the pre qualify STILL doesn't recommend anything other than secured. But I'm itching to try to app anyhow. My scores are all about 600-620. Nothing great, but I'm getting there.

Thanx! (:

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Sounds like they couldn't pull your Equifax report.

Enter your credit cards along with their due dates (off of your statements) into a spreadsheet. Sort them in the order of the due dates. Also set up autopay for the minimum balance on each of your cards.

Ah, why didn't I think of AutoPay?! Good idea...DUH! That went right over my head, lol

I'll make a spreadsheet sheet that may make things a bit easier. I've been setting it on my calendar on my phone but I needed a better plan. Thanx!

Thanx RiotAct, I'm going to give it a try. I do NOT want a late payment. I may see if I can change the due date on them so they are all the same. That may help, although I'm not sure that's an option.

Thanx RiotAct, I'm going to give it a try. I do NOT want a late payment. I may see if I can change the due date on them so they are all the same. That may help, although I'm not sure that's an option.

Spreadsheet is by far the best as it only works with your input.

I also like two mobile apps called Prism and Mint Bills.

These link your biller accounts and give you reminders but require frequent handholding. No fault of their own but most sites linked have verification questions, two step logins, etc.

You can also pay bills thru these services but I strictly use them for reminders and a snapshot overview of things.

I use Outlook calendar reminders to keep track of cut dates. In month view I can see anything coming up and I get a reminder both on my computer and my smart phone the day before.

I use Outlook calendar reminders to keep track of cut dates. In month view I can see anything coming up and I get a reminder both on my computer and my smart phone the day before.

Not a bad idea. I like this.

Honestly, I'm always checking my accounts throughout the month, so forgetting is very unlikely. However, should I ever forget it, I have also set up AutoPay for the minimum amount due. You never know what might happen.

Honestly, I'm always checking my accounts throughout the month, so forgetting is very unlikely. However, should I ever forget it, I have also set up AutoPay for the minimum amount due. You never know what might happen.

I have autopay set to minimum payment in case I fall into a coma I don't wake up in financial shambles (other then the medical bills of course). The one exception is Citi cards. In the past they pull what would have been the minimum payment

even if I pay in full before the due date,

A few days ago CK sent me about thirty 'new account' alerts. Nothing changed. They just decided to send me 30 new account alerts. Fun times.

Autopay on all accounts (minimum due) 5 days set before due date. Then every 3rd day of the month, I just pay all of my bills. I have bookmarked all of them on my laptop so I go and check each account routinely. ;)

I have autopay set to minimum payment in case I fall into a coma I don't wake up in financial shambles (other then the medical bills of course). The one exception is Citi cards. In the past they pull what would have been the minimum payment

even if I pay in full before the due date,

I swear everyone needs to have autopay set up.

I do want to clarify that my last paragraph was really for OP. Should have specified that. Whoops! I love your idea though of setting it up on the calendar. I might have to do that with my cards, but not Discover since their app is always reminding me of everything. I love it.

a ) put everything on auto pay for at least the minimum balance. that way if you forget, you're covered.

b ) put a reminder on your calendar that will pop up and notify you of each of the due dates.

Edited by shifter

I just use one card. Changed the 'pay by' date to the fifth of the month. So I stop using the card on the first, then pay everything off five days later. Of course, once every few months I use one of the other cards to keep them active- some little things. Keeping up with due dates became a full time job.

Nateinva, I just downloaded that app Prism last night. I've yet to check it out though.

Junkbuyer, maybe so, not sure could very well just be CK themselves. It's been over a year so tomorrow I'm going to pull my free reports. It'll be fun comparing them to last year. Although I still have a few things to battle with, just moved to Texas so once I'm settled with a new DL I'm gonna fight the battle.

So many great suggestions, thanx! It seems my best bet is AutoPay and a spreadsheet, so I'll try that route. I'll also keep my calendar reminders as well or an app, The more the merrier! (:

Question, last week I was approved for Walmart. So I have about 10 store cards and a cap 1 secured. I've had the secured for 14 months. So I applied for a unsecured and got the denial.

Today I got the email basically saying I had credit for to short of time blah blah blah. Scores aren't great all 3 between 600 and 630.

Is it worth calling to try to overturn it? If so do I wait until Monday and what do I say?

I'm not sure if I should hold off or go for a sub prime crappy unsecured card or hold off to try for a decent card. I do have a few medical on my reports still but I'm in the middle of a move so I can't fight them yet.

My hubby, had horrible credit basically from a tax line (b4 he was with me) and child support arrears he working on paying off. I put him as AU on my cards and he's getting offers already. I can't believe medical is holding me back yet his 3 charge offs aren't. Credit is so weird!

No problem! The suggestion of setting up Auto-Pay for the minimum a week or two before the due date is a good one too. This ensures you won't be late, and then you can always go through and make a round of additional payments