Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Should I stop this app spree

The last post in this topic was posted 1629 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Recently paid off all my debt down to about 2% UTIL. EQ Fico of 704 (as one account hasn't updated paid off). Went on app spree this morning. Prior to app spree largest credit lines were Kays at $7650, Firestone $2200, and Barclays NFL Mastercard at $2000. I'm considering this a very successful app spree. Wonder if there are any goodies that I'm missing out on in this spree that I should give a shot at or just take what i've gotten, don't look a gift horse in the mouth and start to garden.

Penfed Visa Gold - 8500 Approved

Huntington Bank Rewards - 6000 Approved

Capital One Venture Rewards - 5000 Approved

Discover - Denied

Barclays Rewards - 2500 Approved

Chase Freedom - Denied

I would say the Freedom and Discover denial are indications you should ease off. Also, $8500 is relatively low for PenFed and $5000 is lowish for Venture.

Give it some time and come back for more.

Congrats! Savor what you just got for a bit.

Edited by Tileguy61

Thanks,

That is what i was thinking also. That is kind of funny that $8500 is considered low, especially since it is the largest credit line i've ever had since utilizing credit at the age of 18. Definitely happy with where i'm at in my journey, and now time to concentrate on my TU to try to get that fully clear. EXP, pffft i don't even have a bit of hope with that report.

Thanks,

That is what i was thinking also. That is kind of funny that $8500 is considered low, especially since it is the largest credit line i've ever had since utilizing credit at the age of 18. Definitely happy with where i'm at in my journey, and now time to concentrate on my TU to try to get that fully clear. EXP, pffft i don't even have a bit of hope with that report.

There is always hope... in February 2007 I felt the same way you do... 9 years later...

All is well... keep up the good work. FWIW... the last 4 years have been decline free for any app.

Recently paid off all my debt down to about 2% UTIL. EQ Fico of 704 (as one account hasn't updated paid off). Went on app spree this morning. Prior to app spree largest credit lines were Kays at $7650, Firestone $2200, and Barclays NFL Mastercard at $2000. I'm considering this a very successful app spree. Wonder if there are any goodies that I'm missing out on in this spree that I should give a shot at or just take what i've gotten, don't look a gift horse in the mouth and start to garden.

Penfed Visa Gold - 8500 Approved

Huntington Bank Rewards - 6000 Approved

Capital One Venture Rewards - 5000 Approved

Discover - Denied

Barclays Rewards - 2500 Approved

Chase Freedom - Denied

You need to pick up the phone and call Sync for Amazon, Walmart and Lowes. Ask for 10,000 on each, during the same phone call Edited by Konrad2012

When I went on an app spree a year ago, I stopped after getting denied once. PIF (and follow what others do by letting $2 report on one of your accounts?) and hammer them on CLIs in a few months. I was approved for CLI after ~3 statements on PenFed and Barclay. Barclay is always a HP but there may be other routes to it (I was able to get a CLI with a SP after a year by asking about eligibility for APR reduction).

Those are great results. Might not hurt to recon the Discover and Freedom apps if you really want their cards, but otherwise you have a nice set of new accounts there.

The last post in this topic was posted 1629 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.