new email scam using military claims

The last post in this topic was posted 1898 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Copying the email here without my id info. Guess they got tired of me ignoring the princes and ambassadors and lawyers in these foreign countries. :beee:

Gmail is great for phishing scam going straight where it belongs.

Capt.David Michael <USMC@colombo.pr.gov.br>
5:28 AM (11 hours ago)
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to ONE OF MY MANY EMAILS
Be careful with this message. Similar messages were used to steal people's personal information. Unless you trust the sender, don't click links or reply with personal information. Learn more
Dear Associate,

How are you doing my friend, great I guess! Now I know this mail will definitely come to you as a huge surprise, but please kindly take your time to go through it carefully as the decision you make will probably go a long way to determine my future and continued existence. First, let me introduce myself. I am Capt. David Michael, assigned to 2nd Battalion, 3rd Marine Regiment, 3rd Marine Division, 3rd Marine Expeditionary Force in Syria. I am desperately in need of assistance and I have summoned up courage to contact you. I am presently in Syria and I found your contact particulars in an address journal. I am seeking your assistance to evacuate the sum of $10,570,000 (Ten million Five Hundred and Seventy Thousand USD) to the States or any safe country; as far as I can be assured that it will be safe in your care until I complete my service here. This is no stolen money and there are no dangers involved.

SOURCE OF MONEY: Some money in various currencies was discovered and concealed in barrels with piles of weapons and ammunition at a location near one of President Assad’s old Presidential Palaces during a rescue operation and it was agreed by all party present that the money be shared amongst us. This might appear as an illegal thing to do but I tell you what? No compensation can make up for the risks we have taken with our lives in this hellhole. The above figure was given to me as my share and to conceal this kind of money became a problem for me, so with the help of a German contact working with the UN here (his office enjoys some immunity) I was able to get the package out to a safe location entirely out of trouble spot. He does not know the real contents of the package as he believes that it belongs to an American who died in an air raid, before giving up trusted me to hand over the package to his close relative. I have now found a secured way of getting the package out!
of Syria for you to pick up.

I do not know for how long I will remain here, as I have been lucky to survive two suicide bomb attacks by Pure Divine intervention. This and other reasons put into consideration have prompted me to reach out for help. If it might be of interest to you then Endeavor to contact me and we would work out the necessary formalities but I pray that you are discreet about this mutually benefiting relationship.

For more details please contact me via my private box: capt.davidmichael02@y7mail.com

Respectfully,
Capt.David Michael
United States Marine Corps. SYRIA
Edited by genseeker

I like the ones where they say they are the FBI and they need to stop the scammers, fill out the attached forms and email them back. :D

I got my first phone call from a scamster a few days ago. No caller ID, I answered "Hello?" Robo-dialer pause. "Hi, I'm from Microsoft Windows Service Center and we are calling about a problem with your computer." Couldn't help myself. I just started laughing at him. Then I said, "Thanks. Goodbye."

What a moron.

I like the ones where they say they are the FBI and they need to stop the scammers, fill out the attached forms and email them back. :D

I got my first phone call from a scamster a few days ago. No caller ID, I answered "Hello?" Robo-dialer pause. "Hi, I'm from Microsoft Windows Service Center and we are calling about a problem with your computer." Couldn't help myself. I just started laughing at him. Then I said, "Thanks. Goodbye."

What a moron.

you just hung up?

I had the same call a few years back, had the whole discussion

why don't you send me an email?

what's the MS website address for this?

my computer automatically updated a few hours ago, I think the problem is taking care of ....

I don't understand that MS doesn't have my email, I'm on the MS community forums,,,,

but my cousin works for microsoft , he didn't say anything about this.....

etc. etc.

they finally hung up on me.

What a moron.

you just hung up?

my computer automatically updated a few hours ago, I think the problem is taking care of ....

I don't understand that MS doesn't have my email, I'm on the MS community forums,,,,

etc. etc.

Yeah, I know. I do want to play with these people. I was surprised and so taken with how ludicrous and transparent the scam was I just started laughing. Then it was really too late.

What a moron.

you just hung up?

etc. etc.

Yeah, I know. I do want to play with these people. I was surprised and so taken with how ludicrous and transparent the scam was I just started laughing. Then it was really too late.

Reminds me of https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=555458

The guy managed to waist soooo much of the scammer's time, even putting him on hold to make a sandwich. It was great!

• Admin

Spotted this when I scanned my spam folder this morning - entertaining version of the Nigerian scam. I guess I'd have to deposit the check and give him his half, then wait for the check to bounce. Or maybe he would only want me to pay a good faith deposit to prove I can be trusted - or perhaps pay the freight? Although that's not much money. :D

Good day. I am Mr. Ben Collins. Director Inspection Unit United Nations Inspection Agent in Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport Georgia. During our investigation, I discovered an abandoned shipment from a Diplomat from United Kingdom under ship forwarder was transferred from JF Kennedy Airport to our facility here in Atlanta and when scanned, it revealed an undisclosed sum of money in a Metal Trunk Box weighing approximately 110kg each. The consignment was abandoned because the Content was not properly declared by the consignee as money rather it was declared as personal effect to avoid diversion by the Shipping Agent also the Diplomat inability to pay for Non Inspection Fees. I want us to transact this business and share the money, since the shippers have abandoned it and ran away. I will pay for the Non inspection fee and arrange for the boxes to be moved out of this Airport to your address, once we are through I will deploy the services of a secured shipping Company geared to provide the security it needs to your doorstep, or I can bring it by myself to avoid any more trouble. But I will share it 50% to you and 50% to me. If you assure me of my 50% and agreed with my condition, you should contact me. I wait to hear from you. MR. BEN COLLINS. DIRECTOR AIRPORT INSPECTION OFFICER.

CROOKED U.N. INSPECTOR NEEDS ACCOMPLICE.

Are we to believe that this guy has no existing friends to help him out?

Also if he can bring the "package" in person to the victim's door, why not just take it to his own house and keep 100% ?

CROOKED U.N. INSPECTOR NEEDS ACCOMPLICE.

Are we to believe that this guy has no existing friends to help him out?

Also if he can bring the "package" in person to the victim's door, why not just take it to his own house and keep 100% ?

Because he's not only looking for a fellow crook, but an incredibly stupid one as well. There is one advantage to these sorts of frauds. They rope in people that are reluctant to bring it up to authorities because it looks really bad to complain that a fellow crook took advantage of you.

• Admin

Yup, ridiculous on every front. One serious note, though. People who do respond to "deals" of this sort, where a con artist draws them in and then rips them off are generally considered by LE to be victims, not criminals.

What a moron.

you just hung up?

etc. etc.

Reminds me of https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=555458

The guy managed to waist soooo much of the scammer's time, even putting him on hold to make a sandwich. It was great!

That was my son. He learned from me.

My son pointed out that the scammers looking for a partner in crime are no different than an salamander who gets robbed at a drug deal and then calls the cops on the person who robbed them.

Sad to say, that has happened (sort of) in my end of the state. Guy was running a huge weed operation from his farm. Someone broke in and robbed him of several hundred dollars worth of weed. He called the cops. He had pot in a barn in bales and 30 gallon trash bags. At the time, it was the largest bust in North Carolina history but this was decades ago cause I was still in school.

Of course, a former sheriff grew pot in his garden. He disguised them using green and red ornaments. He sprayed the ornaments down with something to dull the surface, then started hanging small green ornaments on the pot plants, then moving onto larger red ornaments. The pot was grown in amongst his tomato plants and from the air were hard to tell apart from choppers that passed by. Everybody knew he did it and nobody cared.

• Admin

I think a lot of naive, trusting consumers get drawn into things, only to find out later it was a scam, and they fell for it. They didn't intend to commit a crime and if they had known the check being deposited was going to bounce they would never have gone along with it.

The last post in this topic was posted 1898 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.