Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Synchrony Bank Card Security Fee?

I'm glad I found this forum- I just got off the phone. It was a half hour call where the card security rep tried to assert that only people who click the "sign me up!" button are included in the program, but I returned that if it was clearly labeled what it was and what it would cost I definitely wouldn't have signed up. I asked for my inclusion in the Card Security Program to be canceled and for all of my payments for it to be refunded. She just gave me a $1000 dollar refund, bata bing bata boom. I'll update when it gets posted to my account.

1 hour ago, FunnyPron said:

I'm glad I found this forum- I just got off the phone. It was a half hour call where the card security rep tried to assert that only people who click the "sign me up!" button are included in the program, but I returned that if it was clearly labeled what it was and what it would cost I definitely wouldn't have signed up. I asked for my inclusion in the Card Security Program to be canceled and for all of my payments for it to be refunded. She just gave me a $1000 dollar refund, bata bing bata boom. I'll update when it gets posted to my account.

oh NOW they can issue credits without a check NICE TO KNOW JERKS 

ugh I have to make a big purchase and pay it off immediately for cash back and I am already annoyed about it.

I m enrolled in this and I have been paying $120 a month for a year towards it. I didn't sign up for it but now I need it. I wonder if I can qualify for it due to job loss or will they find a reason to still deny me debt relief.  Seems I may have better luck asking for a refund of my fees instead.  Has anyone actually gotten relief due to job loss through this program?

On 4/25/2020 at 1:27 PM, Scorpyo_Ice_27 said:

I m enrolled in this and I have been paying $120 a month for a year towards it. I didn't sign up for it but now I need it. I wonder if I can qualify for it due to job loss or will they find a reason to still deny me debt relief.  Seems I may have better luck asking for a refund of my fees instead.  Has anyone actually gotten relief due to job loss through this program?

Yes my husband became disabled last year and I really forgot I had this coverage. They paid off two of his credit cards in full.  Believe me it was a blessing which came right on time.  And once it was paid we received credit between both accounts that totaled $4000.  I requested they send me the money and received the check in a couple of days.  Yes I read the blog, if people were charged and didn’t know that’s bad business practices, but it’s really good to have for those unexpected events.

Hello all, I know this thread is a bit old. But I just called card security (800-815-4051) and I had canceled the enrollment through automated system and then I had the option to press “0” to speak to a representative. I chose “0” after canceling through the automated system. I basically told the rep that I didn’t know I was being charged for card security. She said that I would’ve had to verbally approve or chose on a pin pad or something like that and that I enrolled when I signed up for the care credit card. I told her I don’t recall ever doing that or receiving any information that I did. She then asked me what I wanted to do. I told her I want my full refund of $350 because I don’t plan on filing a claim for the months I paid that for. She didn’t hesitate and said she will unenroll me and refund the $350 back to my care credit card. And that was the end of the call. My question is: how does the refund appear on your credit card? Does it go towards my credit card balance or? 

3 hours ago, LaurenH125 said:

Hello all, I know this thread is a bit old. But I just called card security (800-815-4051) and I had canceled the enrollment through automated system and then I had the option to press “0” to speak to a representative. I chose “0” after canceling through the automated system. I basically told the rep that I didn’t know I was being charged for card security. She said that I would’ve had to verbally approve or chose on a pin pad or something like that and that I enrolled when I signed up for the care credit card. I told her I don’t recall ever doing that or receiving any information that I did. She then asked me what I wanted to do. I told her I want my full refund of $350 because I don’t plan on filing a claim for the months I paid that for. She didn’t hesitate and said she will unenroll me and refund the $350 back to my care credit card. And that was the end of the call. My question is: how does the refund appear on your credit card? Does it go towards my credit card balance or? 

welcome to CB!

I would assume the credit will offset any balance you're carrying on the card or, if the balance is zero, show up as a negative balance until you use the card or they cut you a check.

I know this is an old thread but I just noticed I've been paying since 2016!! I will be calling on Monday this is BS! Has anyone had any luck lately with getting a full refund or am I assed out??? 

8 hours ago, Mike99 said:

I know this is an old thread but I just noticed I've been paying since 2016!! I will be calling on Monday this is BS! Has anyone had any luck lately with getting a full refund or am I assed out??? 

welcome to CB!

I'm not sure how far back they will go, but if I were you I'd push them hard and be ready to HUCA. please let us know how it goes

On 12/5/2020 at 7:39 PM, hegemony said:

welcome to CB!

I'm not sure how far back they will go, but if I were you I'd push them hard and be ready to HUCA. please let us know how it goes

After over an hour on the phone and going back and forth. I was told that my request for the full amount had to be approved by their I think she called it issues management team. And that she would file my request and I would know in 3-5 days. Got all her information she was the supervisor and will be calling back on Friday. I also will be filing my complaint. 

On 12/7/2020 at 7:21 AM, Mike99 said:

After over an hour on the phone and going back and forth. I was told that my request for the full amount had to be approved by their I think she called it issues management team. And that she would file my request and I would know in 3-5 days. Got all her information she was the supervisor and will be calling back on Friday. I also will be filing my complaint. 

I opened my account last year and they've been charging me $89/month with the interest of $35/month so my balance has basically been the same since I opened the account and I just noticed. I called to cancel it and asked if there's any way I could get the charges reversed. She went through the whole cancellation spiel then ended with telling they will credit my account for $1100. I was shocked. I didn't have to do much.

10 hours ago, brainchasm said:

I just checked my JTV card (Synchrony backed), but it doesn't appear they did anything like this to me.  Ah well.

ever notice how the stretch-pay option results in a lower price? I jut saw some godawful ring that was 4 cents cheaper if you make 5 stretch pays instead of PIF. weird.

21 hours ago, hegemony said:

ever notice how the stretch-pay option results in a lower price? I jut saw some godawful ring that was 4 cents cheaper if you make 5 stretch pays instead of PIF. weird.

I grabbed these a few months ago...they're absolutely amazing!

https://www.jtv.com/product/moissanite-fire-r-3-80ctw-diamond-equivalent-weight-round-14k-white-gold-stud-earrings/MSJ295W