Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

The Master 2016 Credit Approvals & CLI'S Thread

The last post in this topic was posted 1320 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Me: Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature (75k bonus) - $16,500 (scores in sig...not sure who was pulled yet)

DW: Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature (75k bonus) - $7,000 (EX pulled - 737)

and I'm being stupid right now...can't see how to enter into CPDB?

Congrats!!

You may click here to submit your own entry!

Me: Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature (75k bonus) - $16,500 (scores in sig...not sure who was pulled yet)

Congrats!!

Ah. The bolded "here" eluded me. Took out my contacts (had a bad headache all day) :-)

Thanks!

Congrats!!

Ah. The bolded "here" eluded me. Took out my contacts (had a bad headache all day) :-)

Thanks!

YW

I can't see it either :P

So, single EX pull resulted in one successful Chase (Hyatt) app, I'm iffy about trying recon again on the Freedom Unlimited.

I offered to close my Marriott to open it but in no uncertain terms they spelled out to me that the issue wasn't exposure this time (as it was when I applied for the BA) and that there just too many new accounts in the last two years. Hyatt was in verification and one quick phone call got it pushed through to approval.

I recently got my Discovery up to $32,000, catapulting it all the way up to my ninth highest limit by an astounding $200 over tenth place.

I recently got my Discovery up to $32,000, catapulting it all the way up to my ninth highest limit by an astounding $200 over tenth place.

CV!! Glad to see you back!

CV!! Glad to see you back!

Nice to see you also. :D

Discover: from $5000 to $7500 ($2500 CLI)

AMEX BCP: from $12,000 to $25,000 ($13,000 CLI)

Hard to believe less than 2 years ago Discover was at $500 and my AMEX BCP was at $1000..

Navy Federal Cash Rewards CLI from $15,300 to $25,000

Navy Federal Flagship CLI from $18,800 to $25,000

Pen Fed Amex Rewards approved $15,000

American Express BCE approved $15,000

All this in the past week. Scores are EQ 734, Exp 791, Trans 805

dismissed BK from 2008 still showing on EQ because they report dismissed for 10 years

That's great that people are getting approved for travel cards. Quick Q, why do travel cards provide such large credit limits?

Not complaining (obviously) but just curious as to the thinking of CO and BOA, and other travel card providers.

Navy Federal Cash Rewards CLI from $15,300 to $25,000

Navy Federal Flagship CLI from $18,800 to $25,000

Pen Fed Amex Rewards approved $15,000

American Express BCE approved $15,000

All this in the past week. Scores are EQ 734, Exp 791, Trans 805

dismissed BK from 2008 still showing on EQ because they report dismissed for 10 years

Very nice!

600s is a broad range - 600 is very different than 699.

Discover's prequalfication tool doesn't seem to be particularly useful. Did you get an APR range or a specific APR? If it says "Here's The Card We Found For You" and 11.24% - 23.24% for your APR range, it's not a viable offer.

In my experience Discover doesn't like recent late payments.

Another question, what happens if my reports have fraud alert on them from disputes? Will this stop approvals?
Will, most likely, stop instant approvals. Most creditors will just contact you to verify identity.

Thanks I still haven't applied im afraid to loose my point that I just earned back by clearing up some things on report. Im not sure if bc I already have so many inquiries from car purchases in 2014 (27, 26, 38) that my March 2016 card inquiry took about 5 or 7 points away. The cards are going to hit reports sometime this week after the 5th. I think with addition of cl's my score will go up. Will that also put me in freeze zone for app'Ngo bc of new accounts?

Discover's prequalfication tool doesn't seem to be particularly useful. Did you get an APR range or a specific APR? If it says "Here's The Card We Found For You" and 11.24% - 23.24% for your APR range, it's not a viable offer.

Another question, what happens if my reports have fraud alert on them from disputes? Will this stop approvals?
Will, most likely, stop instant approvals. Most creditors will just contact you to verify identity.
Thanks I still haven't applied im afraid to loose my point that I just earned back by clearing up some things on report. Im not sure if bc I already have so many inquiries from car purchases in 2014 (27, 26, 38) that my March 2016 card inquiry took about 5 or 7 points away. The cards are going to hit reports sometime this week after the 5th. I think with addition of cl's my score will go up. Will that also put me in freeze zone for app'Ngo bc of new accounts?
Will the FA make it no go for apps? No, just an extra layer of verification AFAIK.

IIRC, you have 3-CapOne cards about to report, correct? If that is the case & you are low 600s, you may want to wait 6-12mo minimum & keep it all PIF to maximize score/approvals/SLs.

Will the FA make it no go for apps? No, just an extra layer of verification AFAIK.

IIRC, you have 3-CapOne cards about to report, correct? If that is the case & you are low 600s, you may want to wait 6-12mo minimum & keep it all PIF to maximize score/approvals/SLs.

Thanks, but what's iirc?

Thanks, but what's iirc?

I think the brief period between app'ng for cap1's & opt out taking place these dang cc offers are getting to my head. I have to keep myself in check to remember why I'm looking for credit. It's all to boost my profile not to obtain endless cards. With one exception, the crowbar everyone talks about. I want the key to the crowbar. So I'll try to keep my hands off the app button

Thanks, but what's iirc?

I think the brief period between app'ng for cap1's & opt out taking place these dang cc offers are getting to my head. I have to keep myself in check to remember why I'm looking for credit. It's all to boost my profile not to obtain endless cards. With one exception, the crowbar everyone talks about. I want the key to the crowbar. So I'll try to keep my hands off the app button

Ok one last tie bit. I just called cap1 to see about statement date for new cards and was told its May 5th not this month. He said that since I app'd on 10th of last month April 5 won't be a full month of reporting so pushes into May.

Question I have now is regarding the $2 trick. Do I carry $2 on all the cards or just 1, including the old card I've had for 2 yrs?

One card, others at $0. I'd carry the $2 on the 2y/o card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks again for reading through all my threads.
You're welcome. That's CB, not me. Read, learn, pay it forward

Question I have now is regarding the $2 trick. Do I carry $2 on all the cards or just 1, including the old card I've had for 2 yrs?

As above, one card.

For future reference:

• It needs to be a card that is reporting to your personal credit reports. Business cards that don't report or other hidden tradelines won't work. I don't think you have any hidden TLs right now, so this shouldn't be a concern at the moment.
  • If you do the trick with Discover, you have to use $3 or they'l reconcile the balance themselves. (This is also why it's $2 with most creditors instead of $1.)
  • Chase will report $0 mid-cycle if you PIF during the month.

EDIT: Formatting, spelling.

Edited by illusemycreditcard

The last post in this topic was posted 1320 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.