Best Buy is in the Christmas spirit! all aboard

foeplay

The last post in this topic was posted 2584 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hi, long time no talk, you don't even write anymore!

Anyway, just got off the phone with BB for an increase on my BBRZ (dont think its called that anymore) and it was a great success in going from $2,500 to 10k. I originally tried for the cli online and it sent me a message that I needed to call in. I called in and got a low level outsourced csr who then transferred me to a manual reviewer because it was too much of an increase, who asked me a couple questions.

I said I wanted to do some mad xmas shopping and I wanted to use this card at BB because of 5x points! haha

She said she completely understood the need and approved :)

For those that don't know this and for you rebuilders, this started off as an HSBC BBRZ $100 limit club and the oldest card in my portfolio! Opened in 2010 and been passed around through three banks haha :clapping:

TU hard pull in So Cal, so pretty much a freebie cli

Welcome back!

I hope it hasn't been so long that you missed that B* is dead ??

or perhaps you're just referring to the fact that most SoCal pulls seem to be EX and therefore TU is nbd??

Anyway, good to see you back.

Thank you for starting this topic. I had my BBRZ MC in the sock drawer for years until I dug it out just now. I too started with the whopping $100.00 limit.. then when Citi took over for Cap 1 my limit was increased to a whole $400.00 ! lol I have had this card for over 5 years and because of this thread I just called the number on the back of the card for an increase. Unfortunately you have to tell them how much of an increase that you want and the CSR said that there is no guarantee that they will counter if declined for the full amount so I went conservative and asked for only 3K. Got it in like 5 seconds so I'm sure I could have gotten more now. Oh well at least the card is more useable now than it was. It is my oldest card so I am not going to close it. I'll try again another time for more as soon as enough time has passed and ask them to match my highest card limit of 15K. lol

Anybody know the time between CLI for Citi? Thanks!

I remember trying to get an increase on mine in June, but the car was at 90% utilization. I was declined. I wonder if I should call? I had an account review inquiry on mine done a few weeks ago according to EQ but no luck in an increase. I wonder if I should call now that my utilization is at 20%.

I think it would be wise to pay it down to 10% or better yet, PIF...

Congrats OP!

• 3 weeks later...

Had BB card for 9+ years. Started at $300 - called EO to beg for $1400 4 years ago. Called in today and asked for $6500 and was approved. Should have gone for $10k! Think it cost me a hard pull. Will report when it shows up. Thanks for the motivation, foeplay

Anyway, just got off the phone with BB for an increase on my BBRZ (dont think its called that anymore) and it was a great success in going from $2,500 to 10k. I originally tried for the cli online and it sent me a message that I needed to call in. I called in and got a low level outsourced csr who then transferred me to a manual reviewer because it was too much of an increase, who asked me a couple questions.

I said I wanted to do some mad xmas shopping and I wanted to use this card at BB because of 5x points! haha

She said she completely understood the need and approved :)

For those that don't know this and for you rebuilders, this started off as an HSBC BBRZ $100 limit club and the oldest card in my portfolio! Opened in 2010 and been passed around through three banks haha :clapping:

Congrats. Why do you say it was pretty much a freebie cuz of a TU pull? I thought B was done?

This thread inspired me to ask for a CLI on my BB card as well. Card was opened back in 2001 and is one of my oldest accounts. It had been sitting at $5800 for maybe 2 years. I asked for an additional $10k and was approved for an addition $6700 to bring my total to $12500. Not bad! Not sure if it was a HP and if it was, who they pulled. CCT hasn't reported anything yet. I'll report back if something shows up.

-Jose

The last post in this topic was posted 2584 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.