guns. ..scopes. ..other killing devices

The last post in this topic was posted 1922 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Sad day, I went to go buy a few police trade-ins today and while testing them found out they had NY12 triggers. Thanks but no thanks, my margin is razor thin as it is.. I will not lose money to keep my FFL active.

What is it about NY triggers?

12lb pull.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who discuss guns online should be forced to post a picture of their genitals.

Ako5x.png

It took me awhile, but I was able to retrieve the above image...

konradprofilepic_zpslgenmtjq.jpg

at least now I know what color lipstick you wear

Kat, you need some coff33

:lol:

• Admin

I just split out like 8 posts that were political. You can't keep the discussion from turning to politics by prefacing the statement with "not to get political, but.... ".

This is the season where you're going to see us have zero tolerance for anything politics. Future posts that contain anything political, we won't be spending our time splitting out the posts. We'll just close the whole thread.

By the way, if you're wanting to ease your wife into target shooting, I have a little .22 Sig Mosquito that is both cute and fun on the range. I use zombie targets to ramp up the entertainment value.

I just split out like 8 posts that were political. You can't keep the discussion from turning to politics by prefacing the statement with "not to get political, but.... ".

This is the season where you're going to see us have zero tolerance for anything politics. Future posts that contain anything political, we won't be spending our time splitting out the posts. We'll just close the whole thread.

By the way, if you're wanting to ease your wife into target shooting, I have a little .22 Sig Mosquito that is both cute and fun on the range. I use zombie targets to ramp up the entertainment value.

Thanks Pam...and everyone else! It's so funny I am reading your post right now as DW is having convo with my mother about guns. :rofl:

Thanks Pam...and everyone else! It's so funny I am reading your post right now as DW is having convo with my mother about guns. :rofl:

Personal favorite .300 win mag

Feels like a small cannon to shoot

Good timing on thread bump! What would you recommend for a semi-auto handgun right now? Need something DW friendly.......budget around $300.

I only have some basics at the moment....Remington 20-guage, .22 bolt action and my son has a swappable barrel .410/.22 (not an over/under but it'll do).

DW hates guns but she's warming up.

Smith & Wesson SD9VE

Normally $300. Often on sale for $250ish.

Dogshit trigger. Pick up a used Police trade in Glock or Sig. Not much more expensive, USUALLY way better triggers..

A used Glock for around $300? Where? I'll buy them all and sell them here.

Glock triggers suck too. I immediately replaced them on our 19s.

G22's ALL day for under $280 and 2 mags, G17's, G19's are closer to $330+ regardless of generation. (Better to buy a new Gen4 blue label if you qualify) Some come with boxes, some don't.

Prices are more or less wholesale used, usually police trade-ins.

Sad day, I went to go buy a few police trade-ins today and while testing them found out they had NY12 triggers. Thanks but no thanks, my margin is razor thin as it is.. I will not lose money to keep my FFL active.

What is it about NY triggers?

12lb pull.
Seriously? My SIG 229 is ~10#'s in DA and I hate it. 12#'s is ludicrous

Just a rant about pointer shotguns

I can understand using packing grease in weapons as it inhibits rust, the problem is with the amount of packing grease used. I pulled out literally 3 pounds of grease from a brand new 12 gauge combo. ..I do like the weapon however

I can understand using packing grease in weapons as it inhibits rust, the problem is with the amount of packing grease used. I pulled out literally 3 pound of grease from a brand new 12 gauge combo. ..I do like the weapon however

Break em down, scrub everything with mineral spirits, relube with climate appropriate products, reassemble, light em up.

I had an SKS once that had so much cosmoline in it upon purchase the stock "bled" forever. I finally boiled the damn thing.

I can understand using packing grease in weapons as it inhibits rust, the problem is with the amount of packing grease used. I pulled out literally 3 pound of grease from a brand new 12 gauge combo. ..I do like the weapon however

Break em down, scrub everything with mineral spirits, relube with climate appropriate products, reassemble, light em up.

I had an SKS once that had so much cosmoline in it upon purchase the stock "bled" forever. I finally boiled the damn thing.

I was close to boiling it. ...

My worst ever, which I will never buy again: anything mossberg...misfire, fall apart, bad rifling, the Plinkster .22 lr sums it all up

I was close to boiling it. ...

My worst ever, which I will never buy again: anything mossberg...misfire, fall apart, bad rifling, the Plinkster .22 lr sums it all up

Really? His Mossberg is like old reliable. :search:

The last post in this topic was posted 1922 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.