13 Things Credit Card Companies Know About You

The last post in this topic was posted 1958 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Dont know about these companies, but the govt can track your phone, listen to your microphone etc even with your phone turned off.

There's even talks that they record all phone conversations. ALL OF THEM. It's well known that every phone call in the Bahamas, Caymans, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran are recorded. I'm sure it goes deeper.

If the radio is off, the phone cannot be tracked, period. Anyone who tells you otherwise is selling paranoia.

You are ABSOLUTELY wrong: http://money.cnn.com/2014/06/06/technology/security/nsa-turn-on-phone/

No, I am ABSOLUTELY right. That article is about a hack that simulates power down. The radio would still be on in that case, so the phone could be tracked. Unless you are a "high value target" such as a druglord or a terrorist, the government is not going to waste resources tracking you like that. As for me, I've lived at the same address for over a decade. If Uncle Sam wants to talk to me, they know exactly where to find me.

Again, if the radio is really off, such as if you pulled the battery, then the phone cannot be tracked. You cannot violate the laws of physics.

If you pull the battery, which can't be done on lots of phones. Remember, the phone power button is a soft switch, not a hard switch.

I know what we were capable of in 2004-2006 to defeat IED emplacement teams. It's not as simple as powering off the phone, and it doesn't require adding malware to the phone.

We had embedded NSA spooks...

The link I posted isn't where I am getting my knowledge base, it was just an easy example to post.

Edited by Konrad2012

I find it amusing that so many people are worried about the government tracking them, yet are perfectly happy to post the minutiae of their daily lives on Facebook and Twitter. :rofl:

YES.!

Don't forget about Ancestry. Com.

Interesting thing about DNA databases is that you aren't limited to searching for a hit on a person. You can search for relatives and there are enough people now in databases that doing such a search is quite feasible. There are a lot of decades old rape kits out there associated with unsolved rapes or worse. In the case of an associated murder it isn't all that hard to do a search for relatives. Then you can narrow down who the actual suspect is. Lot of interesting ethical issues in all of this.

Many states now routinely take DNA samples when people are jailed, convicted or not. The military has been doing this with service personnel for quite some time and of course, there's 23andme.com, ancestry.com and sometimes medical testing.

The real sticky wicket is when someone finds out their dad isn't their biological father. Especially if dad didn't know.

I find it amusing that so many people are worried about the government tracking them, yet are perfectly happy to post the minutiae of their daily lives on Facebook and Twitter. :rofl:

YES.!

Interesting thing about DNA databases is that you aren't limited to searching for a hit on a person. You can search for relatives and there are enough people now in databases that doing such a search is quite feasible. There are a lot of decades old rape kits out there associated with unsolved rapes or worse. In the case of an associated murder it isn't all that hard to do a search for relatives. Then you can narrow down who the actual suspect is. Lot of interesting ethical issues in all of this.

Many states now routinely take DNA samples when people are jailed, convicted or not. The military has been doing this with service personnel for quite some time and of course, there's 23andme.com, ancestry.com and sometimes medical testing.

Every child born today has a dna sample taken for metabolic disorder screening. The State of Texas got nailed for giving all this info to the military for studies...

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/02/04/baby.dna.government/index.html

Edited by Konrad2012

YES.!

Every child born today has a dna sample taken for metabolic disorder screening. The State of Texas got nailed for giving all this info to the military for studies...

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/02/04/baby.dna.government/index.html

Between public schools and crap like this, I'm glad I never had kids.

Dont know about these companies, but the govt can track your phone, listen to your microphone etc even with your phone turned off.

There's even talks that they record all phone conversations. ALL OF THEM. It's well known that every phone call in the Bahamas, Caymans, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran are recorded. I'm sure it goes deeper.

If the radio is off, the phone cannot be tracked, period. Anyone who tells you otherwise is selling paranoia.

You are ABSOLUTELY wrong: http://money.cnn.com/2014/06/06/technology/security/nsa-turn-on-phone/

No, I am ABSOLUTELY right. That article is about a hack that simulates power down. The radio would still be on in that case, so the phone could be tracked. Unless you are a "high value target" such as a druglord or a terrorist, the government is not going to waste resources tracking you like that. As for me, I've lived at the same address for over a decade. If Uncle Sam wants to talk to me, they know exactly where to find me.

Again, if the radio is really off, such as if you pulled the battery, then the phone cannot be tracked. You cannot violate the laws of physics.

If you pull the battery, which can't be done on lots of phones. Remember, the phone power button is a soft switch, not a hard switch.

I know what we were capable of in 2004-2006 to defeat IED emplacement teams. It's not as simple as powering off the phone, and it doesn't require adding malware to the phone.

The link I posted isn't where I am getting my knowledge base, it was just an easy example to post.

Fake cell sites to stop insurgents? That works. 8541 works pretty well, too. :grin:

Fake cell sites to stop insurgents? That works. 8541 works pretty well, too. :grin:

:rofl: SS 0317

Tampa must be old :P

Snipers are great. Fairly ineffective for convoy protection, working in some built-up areas etc unfortunately. A guy with a cell phone can trigger a rigged 155 shell from 3000m that can takeout an M1A1 or an LAV. Or a structure that you just sent 2 fireteams in to clear.

Snipers are great. Fairly ineffective for convoy protection, working in some built-up areas etc unfortunately. A guy with a cell phone can trigger a rigged 155 shell from 3000m that can takeout an M1A1 or an LAV. Or a structure that you just sent 2 fireteams in to clear.

Yup...I'm just an old school old fart. I know the MOS did change back in 2006 from 8541 to 0317. :good:

Yup...I'm just an old school old fart. I know the MOS did change back in 2006 from 8541 to 0317. :good:

Go army 31-r

The last post in this topic was posted 1958 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.