PRIMERICA BANK has been pulling softs on me every month

The last post in this topic was posted 6019 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Pimerica bank has been pulling softs (Account reviews) on me everymonth. I have never dealt with them. I do not have an account with them and I had never heard of them until I pulled my report and saw the softs.

They have pulled my report 9 times in the past year.

The fact they they are listing them as account reviews is making me angry.

I read on here that they are affiliated with citibank. I have a citibank cc, but nothing else.

Do you guys think I have a case for non-pp.

BTW, I am opted out at the bureaus.

Pimerica bank has been pulling softs (Account reviews) on me everymonth. I have never dealt with them. I do not have an account with them and I had never heard of them until I pulled my report and saw the softs.

I read on here that they are affiliated with citibank. I have a citibank cc, but nothing else.

$1,000 NO PP LETTER (ITS)

• Admin

I'd say it's a lot more than $1K. 9 no-PP inquiries? Prove it, or remove it and cough up some cash.

I'd say it's a lot more than $1K. 9 no-PP inquiries? Prove it, or remove it and cough up some cash.

I'm not a SMALL CLAIMS EXPERT...but many have tried for like 9 X $1,000 or 5 X $1,000 and the judge just said $1,000

Combined them like they were just ONE ITEM

YMMV

Would you by chance have Travelers Insurance? It is affiliated with Primerica and Citigroup.

I'm not a SMALL CLAIMS EXPERT...but many have tried for like 9 X $1,000 or 5 X $1,000 and the judge just said $1,000

Combined them like they were just ONE ITEM

(This isn't directed at you)

Personally, I do not agree that they should be counted as one item. That's like saying that if you stole money from 5 banks, they are only going to charge you with one count of theft.

Since the courts seem to do that, can you file a separate lawsuit for each PP?? I know it would be more money upfront, but if they don't have PP, they don't have PP. Might as well go for all you can.

-R

Would you by chance have Travelers Insurance? It is affiliated with Primerica and Citigroup.

I don't have Traveler's Insurance.

I called Pimerica and they gave me the runaround. I was transferred several times and one lady said "oh, we are Primerica, not Primerica bank".

I thought they were the same entity.

I am trying to find their corporate info.

but do u have any citi account. in that you gave them permission for them and their family of companies

Yes, I have a citibank card as mention several times in this post. No it does not give them and their families permission to pull my report. It is beacuse of that sort of crap that consumers are allowed to opt-out...which I am, with both the bureaus and all of my accounts.

Even if I had not opted out, it would not be an account review. I have no account with primerica.

• Admin
Why do soft pulls count as non pp, if no one but us can see them? Can you really sue for that?

because someone who has no right to it has just seen all of your personal information.

yes, you can sue for it.

I know many many people who have settled before court, I'm sure there are some who've had to go all the way, but most companies want to settle before it gets to that point, because they know it's wrong.

"negligent enablement of identity theft" is a key phrase in the non-PP letter.

Soft or hard, makes no difference.

I worked for Primerica Financial services(a company that sells insurance, mortgages and also mutual funds). We were alerted about a false company called Primerica Bank that was committing fraud. Primerica Bank does not exist. It is a scam! Please contact the FBI and forward all information about primerica bank to them. We were informed about this group of people trying to defraud individuals in our name. PFS is a subsidiary of Citigroup. However, Primerica Bank is not. It is a scam. If you need real contact numbers with the Primerica Home Office, I will post them. They also will take the information about Primerica Bank and report it to the authorities. However, they are not that entity.

Thank you,

Sam B.

I worked for Primerica Financial services(a company that sells insurance, mortgages and also mutual funds). We were alerted about a false company called Primerica Bank that was committing fraud. Primerica Bank does not exist. It is a scam! Please contact the FBI and forward all information about primerica bank to them. We were informed about this group of people trying to defraud individuals in our name. PFS is a subsidiary of Citigroup. However, Primerica Bank is not. It is a scam. If you need real contact numbers with the Primerica Home Office, I will post them. They also will take the information about Primerica Bank and report it to the authorities. However, they are not that entity.

Any information that you can post will be greatly appreciated.

Who exactly are these people?

edited to add:

I found the following info. It mentions Pimerica bank and it says nothing about a scam. It says they are a state chartered bank.

http://www.hoovers.com/free/co/secdoc.xhtm...doc=0&attach=on

http://2003.cardsourceone.com/demo/cardfax...ry/?newsid=6993

Lists citi subsidiaries.

http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/affiliates...p?ID=D000000071

That's strange. Those references seem legitimate. I'll post the home office number when I get home. You can call them and ask them about it. Although, if what that says is true, Primerica Bank is not affiliated with Primerica, Primerica Financial Services, Primerica Home Mortgages.. etc... As I recall, the scam was occuring in Canada. I have no idea if there really is a Primerica Bank CC comapny. However, I bet the Primerica home office can at least point you in the right direction. I'll post the number. They are located in GA.

Thank you,

Sam B.

By the way, if Primerica Bank is a real company, I am sure it is not part of Primerica, Member of Citigroup. There is a lot of bad mouth information about Primerica because there was a huge insurance battle a number of years ago(they sell only term insurance, and other companies didnt' like that) that caused a lot of bad mouthing going back and forth. The second link you provided seemed like a false post. I am sure Primerica is not offering credit cards. That would be in direct conflict with our mission statement, and contrary to their beliefs. However, there may be a company called Primerica Bank, owned independantly(not related to citigroup). As I posted above, when I get home tonight, I'll give you the customer service number. You should ask them about how you heard there was some company impersonating Primerica, and is this that company.

Thank you,

Sam B,

• 2 weeks later...

hahaha! I know this might offend some, but IMO, all Primerica Financial services are is a big pyramid scheme along the lines of Amway. They tried to "recruit" me forever back in 2002. I kept telling them to quit calling me, I was not interested in "working" for them. After about 80 thousand phone calls, I think they finally got the message. :D

SPAM!

The last post in this topic was posted 6019 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.