Hard Inquiry > Got the Credit > Remove Hard Inquiry?

The last post in this topic was posted 1971 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

FICO actually cares quite a bit about inquiries. With a thin file, I lost 35 points after six inquiries hit one report last month, and my utilization had actually decreased that month (and that was before any of the new accounts hit the reports, which will increase my overall CL).

I would never dispute a legitimate inquiry, but there's little harm in writing to the executive office of a creditor(s) who *denied* your credit app and asking if they might delete the INQ(s).

FICO might not care much after a while, but as a short-term matter, it seems to care a lot, at least in some situations.

I took a 35-point hit in one week, which was probably more like a 40- or 45-point hit when you consider that the lower utilization probably would have resulted in a higher FICO had I not went on a little app spree. I'm not too worried about it, but that type of drop can easily cause denials to subsequent apps in the same time period.

FICO might not care much after a while, but as a short-term matter, it seems to care a lot, at least in some situations.

I took a 35-point hit in one week, which was probably more like a 40- or 45-point hit when you consider that the lower utilization probably would have resulted in a higher FICO had I not went on a little app spree. I'm not too worried about it, but that type of drop can easily cause denials to subsequent apps in the same time period.

Were you declined for every one of the apps in that spree? If you had a relatively thin file, then new accounts could hurt you as much or more than the inquiries.

I suspect something else was going on that caused you to be re-bucketed. There's been some fairly detailed testing of inquiries done, and 35-45 points sounds way too big to be INQ's alone.

I was approved for three different Amex cards (including a twofer) and declined for the rest, but none of them had appeared on the report yet (and 6 weeks later, they still haven't), and nothing else changed on my credit report except *lower* utilization on my one already-reporting account.

When TU R* happened with twelve inquiries popping up, my score went down 35 points in one day.

I wonder if BIG hit is because the R* makes them all look "fresh" at the same time -- like when a CRA dispute revives a CO that hadn't updated in 3 years, and your score drops 20 points

The last post in this topic was posted 1971 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.