to PENFED or not to PENFED?

cyberone28

The last post in this topic was posted 2395 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

hey guys long time... DW fault.. and the new house,.. hope everyone is doing well and hope some of you guys still remember my username.. :)

went ahead and applied for the Visa platinum rewards with penfed, was on review with loan officer for 2 days, they didn't ask for anything.. and got a $8.5K CL.

so i was looking they have the ALLPOINT atms which is great, but since i have been out and locked in my cave i don't know whats going on nowadays with this CUs and banks...

is it worth it? or just stay with chase? how is CS? also should i request a higher limit on the card?

thanks in advance

cyberone,

Would you mind sharing your score when you were approved?

I joined PenFed and apped yesterday for the same, and I'd like to do a balance transfer for about 10K, so I'm looking to see recent successes with the process and accompanying scores, if I can.

A few threads for your perusal:

https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=549956&hl=%2Bpenfed+%2Brecon

https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=542935&hl=%2Bpenfed+%2Brecon

https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=536758&hl=%2Bpenfed+%2Brecon

Edited by Ummmmm ...

722 they pulled Equifax, a couple of new accounts , i believe there were around 6 or 7 inquiries in the last 6 months, from CLIs, CITI,DISCOVER (finally those 2) .. oh and Cap1... danm CRAP1 will never apply to them again... they just dont like me... util was 9%

all the luck to you, keep us posted

UPDATE, i already read those links before, but im looking into the CHECKING experiences as well,

Edited by cyberone28

I've never had any problems with the Penfed checking so I don't think I have ever had to call customer service. I don't use the checking account a lot, mostly to move a little money around between my other banks/CUs. Their limit is 5k per day for transfers. I also use it for paying the Penfed card. So nothing great about it but no issues either.

I've never had any problems with the Penfed checking so I don't think I have ever had to call customer service. I don't use the checking account a lot, mostly to move a little money around between my other banks/CUs. Their limit is 5k per day for transfers. I also use it for paying the Penfed card. So nothing great about it but no issues either.

thanks for the reply =) will do it today.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Edited by cyberone28

I opened checking too and parked $500 in it until I become eligible 90 days from opening for mobile deposits....feature I need.

I just linked my local CU checking to pay the card and PL in the meantime.

i read somewhere it was 60 days. i could be wrong though.

7 days hold on mobile deposit seems a little... too much dont you think?.. still tempted to open it though...

is it worth it?. you think you can build better relationship with them with a checking and DD? .. DCU has better auto loan deals, but i have a 1k limit on their card which i never use..

Edited by cyberone28

There are better options for checking (prefer USAA for e.g.)

They like you when they decide to regardless of checking relationship, so wouldn't do it if that's a primary reason (never opened checking and eventually they showed big luv anyway).

I don't think I quality for the usaa, I had their monitoring services though and it say I'm a member, but won't let me add funds, since I have to be in the military which I am not,

I joined penfed through their $20 donation.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

I opened checking too and parked $500 in it until I become eligible 90 days from opening for mobile deposits....feature I need.

I just linked my local CU checking to pay the card and PL in the meantime.

i read somewhere it was 60 days. i could be wrong though.

7 days hold on mobile deposit seems a little... too much dont you think?.. still tempted to open it though...

is it worth it?. you think you can build better relationship with them with a checking and DD? .. DCU has better auto loan deals, but i have a 1k limit on their card which i never use..

It's 90 days... no hold on payroll checks and once you get past a brief introduction period there's no hold on any mobile deposit up to $3,000.

You can qualify for PenFed if you have ever in your lifetime donated time, money or blood to the American Red Cross.

yes, i became member of penfed donating to National Military Family Association $15 + $5 for the share account,

i was just checking if their checking account was worth getting.. ( i.e free checks with DD, etc etc.. i know they just enrolled in with ALLPOINT ATMs so thats a huge plus.

The last post in this topic was posted 2395 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.