OM selling variable VCG's

Konrad2012

The last post in this topic was posted 2593 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

OM has started selling variable load VGC's, with a $5.95 purchase fee, and apparently people are reporting that CC transactions are being approved.

Huge if it's true and lasts a little while.

$595 for 250,000 UR's.

K, if no Ink, is there still value in the OM VGC's?

OM has started selling variable load VGC's, with a $5.95 purchase fee, and apparently people are reporting that CC transactions are being approved.

$595 for 250,000 UR's.

The current Discovery promo.

Any limit on the Gc's? Can you buy 5K worth at once?

That's going to be entirely location dependent I'd imagine. If you have access to a location, might as well work your way up and see how high you can go.

I didn't make it to mine today to GP....spending the afternoon with my son was more important. :good:

I'll swing by one day this week and see what I can get away with.

On a somewhat related note....my Ink Plus won't let me spend past my $5k limit. I was a little shocked by that...

$595 for 250,000 UR's.

For you, probably not. Other than to meet minimum spends on cards or something.

Where the office supply stores shine is on credit cards that offer a category bonus there. Ink Plus, Ink Cash, Ink Bold (no longer available for apps), AMEX Simply Cash for Biz.

Really this is a work in progress. The office supply stores have either not sold, or not accepted CC payments for the variable load cards for quite some time. This now mean that someone can use an Ink Plus, buy $50,000 in VGC's for $595 in fees and get 250,000 UR's. If you redeem them for cash that $2,500 so you're up $1,900. If you redeem them for United, Singapore or Korean first class products, or redeem them to Avios for expensive short haul domestic flights they can be worth 3 to 5 times more than that (or more but I don't want Rorer to come here and be upset with me).

BUT there is always the chance that we will see rebates and promos on these products like we have seen on other gift cards at Office Max and Office Depot and Staples. That would be really sweet and I do not think its out of the question.

In other words, recon that Ink Plus!

Edited by Konrad2012

$595 for 250,000 UR's.

Where the office supply stores shine is on credit cards that offer a category bonus there. Ink Plus, Ink Cash, Ink Bold (no longer available for apps), AMEX Simply Cash for Biz.

Really this is a work in progress. The office supply stores have either not sold, or not accepted CC payments for the variable load cards for quite some time. This now mean that someone can use an Ink Plus, buy $50,000 in VGC's for $595 in fees and get 250,000 UR's. If you redeem them for cash that $2,500 so you're up $1,900. If you redeem them for United, Singapore or Korean first class products, or redeem them to Avios for expensive short haul domestic flights they can be worth 3 to 5 times more than that (or more but I don't want Rorer to come here and be upset with me).

BUT there is always the chance that we will see rebates and promos on these products like we have seen on other gift cards at Office Max and Office Depot and Staples. That would be really sweet and I do not think its out of the question.

I wasn't going to say anything the first time... but now I have to :P

edit to add - I did the math :swoon:

Edited by Kat58

$595 for 250,000 UR's.

Recon #3 failed. :(

My fault entirely for not doing my homework first. I'll wait a few months and try again.

My local OD has the variable ones. Unfortunately, also has a sign by them saying "cash only". I thought I'd try it anyway, since they take ApplePay and, at first, thought it was going to go through. Nope. I guess the cash register is coded to accept cash only. Big bummer since the guy at register seemed like he didn't care one way or the other.

San Diego area, btw.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    SheenaSamuels

Important Information

Guidelines