How to negotiate a settlement with a judgment creditor

Randomalities

The last post in this topic was posted 2541 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hi all, I need suggestions as to how to settle a debt with a credit union who has a judgment against me.

https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=551274 is the topic I posted before I came to the determination that the only way to resolve everything is to settle and pay.

I'm in the state of Pennsylvania, I received a default judgment against me in the amount of $4k a few months shy of 10 years ago. They did file their writ of renewal within the initial 5 year period, but they didn't serve me, and I lived in a different county at the time (and my correct address was on my credit reports at the time, where they were still reporting - they could have found me). I don't know if any of that matters, I'm just putting it out there in case anyone else has any ideas about this beyond writing them a check.

Statutory interest on judgments in the state of Pa is 6%. Any suggestions about how to go about this are definitely appreciated! Thank you!

Is this on your credit reports??

Why do you feel you have to "settle" this debt??

It is true that a judgment in Pa can be revived for another 5 years if the revival is done BEFORE the end of the initial 5 year period, however only 1 revival is allowed.

If the original judgment was accomplished almost 10 years ago and it was revived for an additional 5 years --5 years ago, then it will be completely noncollectable now, or at least within a few Months.

If it is on your credit reports based on the revival date you can get it deleted by using the following guides:

http://www.whychat.5u.com/GUIDEBOOK.html

http://www.whychat.5u.com/deletejudg.html

I was rather hoping either yourself or ICANHASMUNY? would reply.

The initial revival was done within the initial 5 year period, which elapses early 2016. I'm going to want to buy a house soon, and if it's not showing as satisfied, or addressed in some fashion, won't I run into issues with the title company? It's actually one of the very first things I got deleted off my reports back when I was repairing (thanks to you), so that's not an issue at all. I just don't want to be denied a mortgage at the 11th hour because of this. It's recorded, so I assumed it would come up when the title company or mortgage company did it's due diligence.

The last post in this topic was posted 2541 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.