Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Question about ChexSystems

The last post in this topic was posted 1820 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hello, all.

I had an account with US Bank in 2011, and me being young & dumb the account was closed with overdraft charges, etc.

Does US Bank report to ChexSystems if the account was closed with a negative balance?

Thanks!

If you are on Chexsystems:

(Paying only updates your report with a "paid" status, it does remove the account. There are some banks that will approve if Chexsystems indicates past obligations are paid)

1. Try to determine when the bank account was charged off. That is the DOFD. Chexsystems will report the account for 5 years.

2. Review the Chex report. Is it fully accurate?

3. Get your free annual report from Early Warning Systems - (800) 325-7775.

3. Determine your banking needs for paying household bills, point of sale transactions and savings.

4. Locate and open non-Chexsystems accounts. (If you need an account, let us know your city and state)

Edited by tmcgill

FWIW, I was able to successfully get a Huntington bank paid entry removed after disputing and then requesting Method of Verification. Perhaps US Bank doesn't have your data anymore and you could do the same? Again, requesting your Chex is your first step...

FWIW, I was able to successfully get a Huntington bank paid entry removed after disputing and then requesting Method of Verification. Perhaps US Bank doesn't have your data anymore and you could do the same? Again, requesting your Chex is your first step...

I received my report & US Bank is on there.

Sounds like a good idea. I'll definitely give it a try.

Did you follow a certain process?

Thanks!

Edited by Cleanwithit

http://web.archive.org/web/20100331063740/http://www.chexsystemsdisputes.com/5_Stages_of_Disputing.html

I received my report & US Bank is on there.

Sounds like a good idea. I'll definitely give it a try.

Did you follow a certain process?

Thanks!

Keep in mind that Chex entries are hard to remove unless you have a viable bank error, or catch them in a FCRA error.

Keep in mind that Chex entries are hard to remove unless you have a viable bank error, or catch them in a FCRA error.

Agreed. Without the FCRA violation on MoV, mine would not have been deleted.

The last post in this topic was posted 1820 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.