Sign in to follow this  
CreditEmpire

Scored on Amex Gold Biz card

I kept getting a great offer in the mail for the previous occupant of our house. 75000 bonus member rewards after $10K spend for Amex gold biz card.The card also

has no annual fee for the first year which is a great deal. I decided to try "hijacking" the offer for my own business. I put the code in on Amex website and changed

the business name to my own and put all of my own info on the app. I got the "please call" notice which was just a security screen, no big deal. The agent then

approved me and said the card would be express mailed ASAP. Just so people are aware that this is possible in case you keep getting offers for some other business at your house.

Congrats on the approval and thanks for the tip.

Since you have lots of knowledge about AMEX ; What do you think of this please.

I have a business partner that has a company that purchases about $200,000 in goods that he pays in cash every month(check book). The company does not have any credit cards (have never applied for one; The company has a monthly cash flow of almost 1 million a month; He does not have any real good personal credit cards only a couple of small ones $5,000 from Chase, $5,000 Best Buy, $5,000 Bloomindales; great strong personal credit with a few very strong trade lines 100k car financed almost paid; 2 mortgages always paid on time etc.

I was thinking of applying for an Amex card and pay all the suppliers that will accept it as a form of payment about 200K per month (lots of rewards right); If i applied just with the company tax id and him as the personal guarantor and then add me as an authorized user (his personal income tax was of 700k for 2014 mines 35k; his personal credit is a lot stronger than mines) would my credit reports show the same benefits as in his when it comes to Amex's authorized user?

Any other suggestions or ideas of how I can take full advantage of such a special situation that I have with this partner of mines? Everyone is welcome to comment and suggest ideas.

Thank you all and have a great rest of your Sunday.

I have a 150,000 miles sign up for Amex Platnium left over if you want it,... Its a $20k spend over 3 months but with that cash flow the first week you should cover it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could

Congrats on the approval and thanks for the tip.

Since you have lots of knowledge about AMEX ; What do you think of this please.

I have a business partner that has a company that purchases about $200,000 in goods that he pays in cash every month(check book). The company does not have any credit cards (have never applied for one; The company has a monthly cash flow of almost 1 million a month; He does not have any real good personal credit cards only a couple of small ones $5,000 from Chase, $5,000 Best Buy, $5,000 Bloomindales; great strong personal credit with a few very strong trade lines 100k car financed almost paid; 2 mortgages always paid on time etc.

I was thinking of applying for an Amex card and pay all the suppliers that will accept it as a form of payment about 200K per month (lots of rewards right); If i applied just with the company tax id and him as the personal guarantor and then add me as an authorized user (his personal income tax was of 700k for 2014 mines 35k; his personal credit is a lot stronger than mines) would my credit reports show the same benefits as in his when it comes to Amex's authorized user?

Any other suggestions or ideas of how I can take full advantage of such a special situation that I have with this partner of mines? Everyone is welcome to comment and suggest ideas.

Thank you all and have a great rest of your Sunday.

As long as he personally credit qualifies go for it BUT don't expect many of any vendors to take payment via a credit card.. To much in fee's.

Go for all the biz cards that gets you sign up bonuses however the Amex SPG is a real good one but like Brbiz says you have to find the right vendors. Im lucky my main vendor lets me run all i buy every month and thats like $50k monthly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great; but do you suggest i apply for the card under the company name then him as the first guarantor and me as the second guarantor? or should i just put my self as an authorize user once the card is approve just under the company name and him as the PG?

Authorized user should be sufficient for you if you want credit reporting. I believe Amex gold business card is reported to Experian Business files and not personal credit files but if I am

mistaken someone please correct me. Co-signing for the card is not necessary as you have full benefits with an authorized user card regardless. You may consider Citibank AA Advantage Visa

instead of Amex if you want good airline points for long haul trips. American Airlines has cheap rewards to Europe 20000 miles one way in the off season.