Sign in to follow this  
Sidewinder

Approved for Citi Executive World Elite!!

Unbelievable - or at least less believable than, say... math. It's only a month and ½ since I added CSP ($13,900) and not a week since I got US Bank Platinum ($15,000). Couple hours ago Citi approved me for $10,500. It was just last March that Discover approved me for $12,500 which was my first-ever 5-digit tradeline; I am just a bit thrilled to have added three of those within a seven-week span.

Now I just have to hope the card arrives soon; I want to charge a Crate&Barrel sofa (new apartment, see) and nifty bicycle before the US Bank card turns 30 days old (which, is the deadline for 20-month bal transfer).

Those two purchases will knock off a good chunk of the $7,500 spend requirement, see.

So, the List of Banks that Believe In Me (besides the subprime twerps from my pre-CB days; embarrassing) now contains Bank o' America, State Farm Bank (gross), Discover, Chase, US Bank, and now Citi.

(Should I have included Comenity? :D )

I wonder if I should app at Barclay's just to round out the Circle o' Primeness

Hey... people always talk about calling "as soon as you get the card" to ask for a CLI; I've never done that. Any pointers? How much are you supposed to ask for, and what if they ask you WHY you want more... Does it have to happen before you activate the card? After activate but before use? I've already used the CSP, see... I used it at a Target store in Nashua, New Hampshire.

I like New Hampshire.

(I also seem to like running my mouth at 3 am; so I'll just shutty now...) :stop:

Hey... people always talk about calling "as soon as you get the card" to ask for a CLI; I've never done that. Any pointers? How much are you supposed to ask for, and what if they ask you WHY you want more...

Congrats on all your recent success.

It may result in another hard pull if you call now and ask for a CLI. If you are okay with that, you can tell them you want to make this card your main card and use it for all your purchases through the holidays but you will need a bigger credit line to do that. Since you recently were approved for 15k on one of your other cards maybe ask for that or as much as they will give you.

Hey... people always talk about calling "as soon as you get the card" to ask for a CLI; I've never done that. Any pointers? How much are you supposed to ask for, and what if they ask you WHY you want more...

It may result in another hard pull

Gross.

However, thank you for the adviceness. I think I'm going to let these accounts age for a bit, plus I'm focused on moving to my new apartment and three new accounts is already a bit too much paperwork to have floating around during the chaos. :-\

Congrats on the approval....I'll be targetting AA miles soon myself. :clapping:

With Citi, it will more than likely be a new hard pull.

Congrats! I just got the same card for myself and wife too. Total of $150,000 American miles on the way.

I also just got approved for the business Amex gold card with 75000 member rewards points bonus for 10K spend.

These will become British Airways Avios which are great for short haul flights.

Congrats! I just got the same card for myself and wife too. Total of $150,000 American miles on the way.

I also just got approved for the business Amex gold card with 75000 member rewards points bonus for 10K spend.

The transfer ratio from Amex MR to BA Avios is now only 1000:800. I wouldn't personally use them this way.

You should jump on the Chase BA 100K offer while it's available.

The transfer ratio from Amex MR to BA Avios is now only 1000:800. I wouldn't personally use them this way.

Wait... Cha... wait... BA? Chase...100K... wait WHAT??

Wait... Cha... wait... BA? Chase...100K... wait WHAT??

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ba/nonaep

Maybe you can buy this guys nifty bike for a deal?

funny-bicycle-crash-face-plant.jpg

Schnikey! Did you notice the front fork on Mr Faceplant's bike?

Damn! :swoon: