NFCU checking LOC question

The last post in this topic was posted 1970 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Yesterday I was approved for NFCU flagship for $30k. today I requested the checking LOC and was approved for the max $15K instantly. also got an email confirming the approval and that the loan paper will be sent out for my signature and to send back to them. I did notice this evening that the status for this checking LOC technically reads Still in Process. Does it say that simply because they have yet to get the signed loan document back before officially classifying it as approved in the 'status' section? I don't mean to sound paranoid, but was just curious if the instant approval and email approval message was a solid approval and it was just a matter of signing the document and returning before they classified it as such? I have no other pending messages about it or any requests for supporting docs or anything like that.

thanks!

Greetings Lozartworks,

I also was approved for 20K from them and $1500 on the business side. I didn't do a LOC from them, but it has been a thought. I'm going to assume that you have already did all the paperwork for membership, but if not then you will have to call them for them to stay on top of things. Luckily, I have a CU about 5 min. a way and can do all my paperwork there. I can tell you from my wife's experience from another CU. She applied for a CC and they approved her online, the next day when she looked on the site and it had referred, the third day she looked, it had denied in the email. Hopefully, you will not have the same problem, as NFCU has been pretty good about giving what they say they are giving. Hope this helps some.

My CLOC app had the 'In Process' status until I returned the paperwork.

Thanks for confirming that! My credit card status says approved, so no worries there. But I wasn't sure why I was seeing the "in process" status hours after I got the approval popup and the confirmation email. They said they were just sending out the docs to my home for signature and mailing back, so don't figure I need to visit the branch as I don't have one handy to my area anyway.

I have seen a lot of people on here also who have both a Navy Visa And MasterCard both. As well as a CLOC. I have read of a lot of people getting all 3 products in one day or week. As my goal is to have overall tiny utilization, another card would come in handy towards that goal. But Is it a poor idea in Apping for all three the same weekend despite what appear to be a lot of people having success in getting all three in a day/weeks time? I would rather get my hard pulls out of the way before I lock down and not app for anything else for another couple years. But I don't want Navy raising a flag if I ask for three credit products in short order if there is reason not to do this. Any thoughts?

Yesterday I was approved for NFCU flagship for $30k. today I requested the checking LOC and was approved for the max $15K instantly. also got an email confirming the approval and that the loan paper will be sent out for my signature and to send back to them. I did notice this evening that the status for this checking LOC technically reads Still in Process. Does it say that simply because they have yet to get the signed loan document back before officially classifying it as approved in the 'status' section? I don't mean to sound paranoid, but was just curious if the instant approval and email approval message was a solid approval and it was just a matter of signing the document and returning before they classified it as such? I have no other pending messages about it or any requests for supporting docs or anything like that.

thanks!

Yes, if you got the email saying you were approved, then you were approved. I have already received my CLOC checks in the mail and the status still shows as In Process. Don't worry about it. You're approved.

My CLOC app had the 'In Process' status until I returned the paperwork.

But I wasn't sure why I was seeing the "in process" status hours after I got the approval popup and the confirmation email. They said they were just sending out the docs to my home for signature and mailing back, so don't figure I need to visit the branch as I don't have one handy to my area anyway.

The CLOC isn't "complete" until the promissory note is returned, but a CC app is complete once you've been approved. The docs came within a week to a week and a half followed by the account appearing in my account summary and then receiving my checks. The closing/statement date coincides with your checking closing/statement date. No need for a trip to a branch.

I only did two accounts (CC, CLOC) a few minutes apart in one day, so I can't help with the second half outside of saying I didn't have any issues/verification questions. Sorry! Did you get a personal banker type person when you initially signed up? They would have called you from a Virginia based number within the first few days of you opening your accounts. I had good luck with getting questions answered when I'd call him with questions.

Edited by homelessvet

Joined online and no one ever called. Just not sure I want to push my luck if going for all three at once is frowned on.

what are your scores if you dont mind sharing, I was thinking of applying later this month and was hoping for pretty much the exact same number you were approved for.

Most of us keep the max exposure on one card from navy. There is a max exposure....and you can have it on 1 card, or spread across more than one. Wouldn't recommend more than one card unless you wanted to hold a bt...

Edited by TrevorHere

The last post in this topic was posted 1970 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.