How high will Lowes/Sync go?

The last post in this topic was posted 1970 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Btw, I have requested 35-40K on all my previous calls, but completely alternated between each one on each request, so I wonder if that looks weird. I.e. April 1- 40K , May 1- 35K, June 1- 40K....

I wonder if this looks normal

They keep detailed notes of every call/request but I honestly don't think it matters....wouldn't worry about it. So are you "planning" a call today or are you actually going to call? :grin::blush:

Planning a call. :lol:

Should I ask for 35 or 40K?

Btw, I have requested 35-40K on all my previous calls, but completely alternated between each one on each request, so I wonder if that looks weird. I.e. April 1- 40K , May 1- 35K, June 1- 40K....

They keep detailed notes of every call/request but I honestly don't think it matters....wouldn't worry about it. So are you "planning" a call today or are you actually going to call? :grin::blush:

I'd go for $35k for more of a 'sure thing' approach.....I guess you saw above that Konrad got "the call" last night. They've clawed back on me twice now on two different accounts....haven't seen any reports of higher than $35k on Lowe's yet. :dntknw:

Someone has to be first though.....

I'd go for $35k for more of a 'sure thing' approach.....I guess you saw above that Konrad got "the call" last night. They've clawed back on me twice now on two different accounts....haven't seen any reports of higher than $35k on Lowe's yet. :dntknw:

Someone has to be first though.....

I wasn't even referring to a Lowes account, I was speaking of my other 2 Sync accounts...

I don't get how a Senior UW grants your request and than a few minutes later someone will call you back....

"I'm so sorry, but the "Senior Analyst who just approved you is the in process of being demoted for making such a huge mistake and everything on your account is being reversed. I'm sorry but if you have any questions, I can't answer them. All the information will be on the denial letter" :rofl:

Everyone has that first day on the job..... :lol:

That's what it sounds like talking to them sometimes, especially when you know the script better than they do. I honestly think what has happened to me is the sheer amount of accounts they have to weed thru to find my total exposure with them. Just a week or so ago I got approved for a $5k increase on my paypal account after a lengthy call and being put on hold so they could review my report. It didn't show up online and got a call back 20-30 minutes later after they realized I already had too much available across all my syncb accounts.

I forgot you had other sync cards.....might as well ask for $40k - $45k.

I think I want a Lowes card for the 5%.

I feel weird saying that, given it's a store only card and all. But it's worth it, right? :blink:

Give it a go! Just a TU pull. :)

I'm currently doing a remodel on my basement. The 5% is nice.

I feel weird saying that, given it's a store only card and all. But it's worth it, right? :blink:

Make sure you take advantage of the stackable rewards:

Using a $2K purchase as an example:

• Lowe's card gives you $100 off, making the price $1900
  • $1890 in Lowe's gift cards costs you $1727.46 (8.6% discount)
  • You also get to use a rewards card to make the gift card purchases

Total cost of $2K purchase ($10 on Lowe's card): $1737.46 (13.2% discount)

Total rewards: 1727 points/miles or $34.55 cash back on a 2% cash back card

I wasn't even referring to a Lowes account, I was speaking of my other 2 Sync accounts...

I don't get how a Senior UW grants your request and than a few minutes later someone will call you back....

"I'm so sorry, but the "Senior Analyst who just approved you is the in process of being demoted for making such a huge mistake and everything on your account is being reversed. I'm sorry but if you have any questions, I can't answer them. All the information will be on the denial letter" :rofl:

Yep, I even asked, "But I was already approved, what is the problem?"

"You will receive a letter in 7 to 10 days outlining the reason for the decision".

I specifically only asked for a $5K CLI to try and push it to the next level. I've never seen anybody over $35K...hence the reason I started this thread.

Oh well, I'm waiting another 45 days and then hitting up Wally World for $40K. I know KareBear has $50K with Wally, so I know that limit is possible unless he's grandfathered in or something.

Edited by Konrad2012

I'm curious how these large credit limits on these store cards affect a person's ability to get credit on other cards. Credit card companies do use the excuse that someone reaches their limit on how much extended credit can be given to a person (due to income and o9ther factors). Are people who have $35,000 in Lowes or Walmart making use of all that credit? I rather have large credit limits on, for lack of a better word, 'real" cards like my Amex BCE or Chase Freedom. Cards with rewards that can do something for me beyond loan me money.

I'm curious how these large credit limits on these store cards affect a person's ability to get credit on other cards. Credit card companies do use the excuse that someone reaches their limit on how much extended credit can be given to a person (due to income and o9ther factors). Are people who have $35,000 in Lowes or Walmart making use of all that credit? I rather have large credit limits on, for lack of a better word, 'real" cards like my Amex BCE or Chase Freedom. Cards with rewards that can do something for me beyond loan me money.

Only amateur financial institutions use that excuse.

Make sure you take advantage of the stackable rewards:

Using a $2K purchase as an example:

• Lowe's card gives you $100 off, making the price $1900
  • $1890 in Lowe's gift cards costs you $1727.46 (8.6% discount)
  • You also get to use a rewards card to make the gift card purchases

Total cost of $2K purchase ($10 on Lowe's card): $1737.46 (13.2% discount)

Total rewards: 1727 points/miles or $34.55 cash back on a 2% cash back card

Thank you, kindly, sir! :good:

Navy $45K, CapOne $45K, AMEX $30K, AMEX $25K, Barclays $25K etc etc etc

Only amateur financial institutions use that excuse.
Yep! Like my local credit union! :aggressive:

Half way out the door with them and on my way to $400k. :good:

You can also go to the post office and ask for a movers packet and they come with a 10% off Lowes coupon, not sure if this is stackable with the Lowes card 5% though.

Someone was going to be GPing exactly that....would be good to know.

@Konrad12

I've literally read as of last weekend every post on CB and MF with the search terms of "Lowes, Walmart/Wal-mart and Amazon" (I'm a little OCD don't judge) and I track daily the highest limits and total exposure for the main Synchrony cards. The highest I've seen anywhere on Lowe's CL is $35K, Amazon Store Card $31K (not Chase Amazon), Walmart MasterCard $50K (one person ever and I thought that was BobWang, but maybe I wrote it down wrong and it was KB on here) and highest other non-store Synchrony cards with PayPal Extras MasterCard and Smart Connect is $45K for each.

The highest TOTAL Synchrony exposure I've seen is a guy on MF with over 6-figure income and he's hit $155K max exposure and @Nateinva on here hit $133K I believe with his income at $85K. Even as an Alabama fan Nate got that much, which is mind-boggling that Sychronny would trust someone an Alabama that much! :rofl:

@Konrad12

I've literally read as of last weekend every post on CB and MF with the search terms of "Lowes, Walmart/Wal-mart and Amazon" (I'm a little OCD don't judge) and I track daily the highest limits and total exposure for the main Synchrony cards. The highest I've seen anywhere on Lowe's CL is $35K, Amazon Store Card $31K (not Chase Amazon), Walmart MasterCard $50K (one person ever and I thought that was BobWang, but maybe I wrote it down wrong and it was KB on here) and highest other non-store Synchrony cards with PayPal Extras MasterCard and Smart Connect is $45K for each.

The highest TOTAL Synchrony exposure I've seen is a guy on MF with over 6-figure income and he's hit $155K max exposure and @Nateinva on here hit $133K I believe with his income at $85K. Even as an Alabama fan Nate got that much, which is mind-boggling that Sychronny would trust someone an Alabama that much! :rofl:

I haven't ever seen over $35K either. Obviously the computer will accept it, but then Sumbhajee Angria steps in and steals the limit back.

KB has a $50K Wally World.

I'm going to keep hitting up the UW line on both products every month and see what happens.

Max exposure won't be an issue for me since I see no more Sync products on the horizon. Unless Sync comes out with a great airline card. Which I don't see happening, but hey they're big enough who knows.

Wally MasterCard, PayPal Extras MasterCard and Smart Connect Card are the only Sync cards I've found so far to ever get over the $35K limit.

Also CCT just dropped another bomb, they've switched to Plus Scores NOT FICO 08 Scores it looks like.

See the last post by me with screenshots!

https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=550693&hl=%2Bcredit+%2Bcheck+%2Btotal&do=findComment&comment=5354007

@Konrad12

Southern hospitality goes a long way my friend. :good:

The last post in this topic was posted 1970 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.