pressman0523

Just found out I'm in EX Special Handling....

Had to call EX, today, because...well...I'm impatient. Midland promised me a deletion and, dagblammit, I want my deletion! :beee:

So I called the number given on the EX Credit Tracker website and I spoke to a lovely young lady who informed me that my credit report was "greyed out" on her end meaning she was basically denied access to make any changes to it. When she looked further, she stated that it was because my report had been assigned to a single person and that person was the one I needed to speak with. Okay, great...transfer me over.

The person I needed to speak with wasn't available, but another young lady in that department (I'll call it Special Handling for lack of an actual name) initiated a new dispute for me based on the letter I received from Midland promising deletion. I then asked (out of absolute curiosity, mind you) why I had a special person working my report and why I was locked out of online disputes. She answered that I had "...filed a BBB complaint at some point and that automatically gets you assigned to us."

So there you go. Looking to be Specially Handled? Work the BBB. ;)

***For newbies ending up here via a search query, do NOT call the CRAs until you fully understand how their systems and philosophies work. They use your phone call to essentially verify a bunch of different information and, if you need to dispute that information later, your dispute will be ignored because it came directly from you.

To the NOOBS out there.

Getting into "special handling" is not a good thing for your credit repair journey. It will make getting things removed much more difficult since one person (or a small group) handles your files and takes meticulous notations of your correspondence and conversations.

Take care of everything possible before you file AG, BBB, CFPD complaints.

To the NOOBS out there.

Getting into "special handling" is not a good thing for your credit repair journey. It will make getting things removed much more difficult since one person (or a small group) handles your files and takes meticulous notations of your correspondence and conversations.

Yes and no.

But, for the sake of clarity, my BBB complaint was way back in 2008. ;)

To the NOOBS out there.

Yes and no.

Do some research into special handling and see what percentage of posters felt like it was a positive thing for their repair process...

Yes sue them or file a complaint and you will end up in special handling guaranteed.

Now instead of a nameless faceless org that you can work and massage to get things done you have one person looking at everything.

Good luck getting anything deleted early or corrected on a marginal reason.

They will go through each of your requests with a fine tooth comb and they know all the tricks.

To the NOOBS out there.

Yes and no.

Do some research into special handling and see what percentage of posters felt like it was a positive thing for their repair process...

my experience with Special handling was not like this.... it was a pleasure.... Id get deletions instantaneously.... always had things immediately taken care of... Kinda makes me wonder when/how I got out.... last I checked, Im able to do everything the normal way again

While I don't expect those who brag about having "...never had a late, never had a charge-off, never having had a drop of rain fall on my pretty little head...." to understand, I've actually had success working through TU's SH department in the past. If a concern is legitimate and you're not just trying to use the nuances of the FDCPA and FCRA to clean up your reports, then SH can actually be beneficial because now you have a direct contact to work with. But that was only the experience of somebody who actually lived it and didn't just do a Google search to back up my claims. YMMV.

However, to be clear (again), I was in no way stating that I was glad to be in SH or any opinion one way or the other, for that matter.

@Shifter - Your points are valid and I appreciate you chiming in. :wave:

While I don't expect those who brag about having "...never had a late, never had a charge-off, never having had a drop of rain fall on my pretty little head...." to understand, I've actually had success working through TU's SH department in the past. If a concern is legitimate and you're not just trying to use the nuances of the FDCPA and FCRA to clean up your reports, then SH can actually be beneficial because now you have a direct contact to work with. But that was only the experience of somebody who actually lived it and didn't just do a Google search to back up my claims. YMMV.

However, to be clear (again), I was in no way stating that I was glad to be in SH or any opinion one way or the other, for that matter.

@Shifter - Your points are valid and I appreciate you chiming in. :wave:

I didn't see anyone in this thread who brags about "never having a late etc" make a comment. :dntknw:

Shifter and I speak from experience as well.

And I am speaking specifically about EX special handling, not TU. Probably more relevant than your experience the last time around with a different CRA.

Nowhere did you say you were only referring to EX SH. Just saying. If you're going to be combative, be precise in your replies to avoid confusion. You made a generic statement about SH being a bad thing. All I said was "Yes and no." By other replies, it's clear that my "Yes and no" response IS valid. Really not sure what your issue is with me or why you have repeatedly singled me out as a target of your own personal discontent, but it needs to end. Reply all you want. You can have the last word - you're officially on "Ignore".

https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=549386&p=5346077

I will just not post in repair/rebuilding threads anymore. I'll stick to the M$ and travel threads. The people in those threads know me and how I am. Problem solved.

This would have been so awesome had it happened. ;)

Nowhere did you say you were only referring to EX SH. Just saying. If you're going to be combative, be precise in your replies to avoid confusion. You made a generic statement about SH being a bad thing. All I said was "Yes and no." By other replies, it's clear that my "Yes and no" response IS valid. Really not sure what your issue is with me or why you have repeatedly singled me out as a target of your own personal discontent, but it needs to end. Reply all you want. You can have the last word - you're officially on "Ignore".

https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=549386&p=5346077

I will just not post in repair/rebuilding threads anymore. I'll stick to the M$ and travel threads. The people in those threads know me and how I am. Problem solved.

This would have been so awesome had it happened. ;)

I have no issue with you. I made a post about my honest opinion of special handling and the experiences that have been conveyed by many.

The admins and owners have asked me to continue posting in the repair and rebuilding threads to help others. If you have a problem with it, bring it up with them.

For clarity, you filed a BBB complaint against one of your credit issuers?

I presume yes since a BBB against say, the local dry cleaners, won't get you special handling.

Edited by creditrecovery

Clean slate, people.

• This is an ongoing personality conflict between you two.
  • Both of you need to put the other on ignore. Like now.

Clean slate, people.

• This is an ongoing personality conflict between you two.
  • Both of you need to put the other on ignore. Like now.

Can you confirm that the ignore feature is ignored by Tapatalk....as in you see everything anyway?

I presume yes since a BBB against say, the local dry cleaners, won't get you special handling.

Correct. If you file an AG, BBB, CFPB complaint against one of the CRA's, that CRA will place you in special handling.

That is why I suggested making sure you've done everything possible in your repair process prior to filing complaints with those agencies.

Correct. If you file an AG, BBB, CFPB complaint against one of the CRA's, that CRA will place you in special handling.

That is why I suggested making sure you've done everything possible in your repair process prior to filing complaints with those agencies.

Seems like pretty solid advice to me. :good:

Ignore is a beautiful feature...in theory.

Except it doesn't work like it should.

But that's a topic that's been beat to death already in the feedback forum.

Having found this thread AFTER having made 3 CFPD complaints, 1 against all 3 CRA's gets me all giddy inside now.

I've been in EX special handling with positive results.... Not recently though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To the NOOBS out there.

It is like getting on a special train to hell.

My experience in Special Handling was great. However, I was not in rebuilding mode.

I believe Konrad specifically mentioned SH as not beneficial for rebuilders and not only does that make perfect sense, but seems to correlate with the vast majority of experiences folks have posted. Besides, isn't one of the main functions of rebuilding to get the CRAs to delete crap that they probably don't have to delete in the first place? It would also be a major hassle when you can't go through the back door to get your reports as often as you'd like.

There are plenty that LOVE Special Handling, since it is basically a direct line to a direct person that can handle whatever you want handled.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

There are plenty that LOVE Special Handling, since it is basically a direct line to a direct person that can handle whatever you want handled.

Why would a rebuilder want special handling? What are the odds that dedicated handler will let you get over by deleting or modifying negative tradelines that are reporting correctly?

Why would a rebuilder want special handling? What are the odds that dedicated handler will let you get over by deleting or modifying negative tradelines that are reporting correctly?
If reporting correctly, then it wouldn't matter WHO handles or processes it.

It's also a matter of convenience? Just dealing with one person?

Just remember.. Experian is the DEVIL. They pee on your head and tell you it's raining..

If reporting correctly, then it wouldn't matter WHO handles or processes it.

It's also a matter of convenience? Just dealing with one person?

Just remember.. Experian is the DEVIL. They pee on your head and tell you it's raining..

If reporting correctly, I'd much rather have the miserably paid, highly overworked, semi-literate guy from India process my request for deletion. When up against his deadline for dealing with a zillion issues per minute, I trust him more to just say "The hell with it!" and delete.