pressman0523

Just found out I'm in EX Special Handling....

There are plenty that LOVE Special Handling, since it is basically a direct line to a direct person that can handle whatever you want handled.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Why would a rebuilder want special handling? What are the odds that dedicated handler will let you get over by deleting or modifying negative tradelines that are reporting correctly?
If reporting correctly, then it wouldn't matter WHO handles or processes it.

It's also a matter of convenience? Just dealing with one person?

Just remember.. Experian is the DEVIL. They pee on your head and tell you it's raining..

If reporting correctly, I'd much rather have the miserably paid, highly overworked, semi-literate guy from India process my request for deletion. When up against his deadline for dealing with a zillion issues per minute, I trust him more to just say "The hell with it!" and delete.
Good for you.

:unsure:

There are plenty that LOVE Special Handling, since it is basically a direct line to a direct person that can handle whatever you want handled.

Why would a rebuilder want special handling? What are the odds that dedicated handler will let you get over by deleting or modifying negative tradelines that are reporting correctly?
If reporting correctly, then it wouldn't matter WHO handles or processes it.

It's also a matter of convenience? Just dealing with one person?

Just remember.. Experian is the DEVIL. They pee on your head and tell you it's raining..

If reporting correctly, I'd much rather have the miserably paid, highly overworked, semi-literate guy from India process my request for deletion. When up against his deadline for dealing with a zillion issues per minute, I trust him more to just say "The hell with it!" and delete.

Exactly. If things are reporting correctly, you have to rely on a bureaucratic breakdown. Like extending an army's supply chain. It's only so elastic...

My SH is Experian. So I am in Konrad's corner on this one, it stinks.

I have heard that you can ask to be removed after a certain point, don't know if that is true.

Talked to SH on Friday afternoon at 2:30pm.

Notified via email that my dispute was completed at 2:04pm Saturday. Checked my results....Last Midland Funding collection account is gone.

Less than 24 hour turn-around to get a CA deleted.

Talked to SH on Friday afternoon at 2:30pm.

Notified via email that my dispute was completed at 2:04pm Saturday. Checked my results....Last Midland Funding collection account is gone.

Less than 24 hour turn-around to get a CA deleted.

I think that it is instances like this that SH is a really good thing.

FWIW, if you have a fraud alert on your reports, that could also get you to SH. I have never filed a complaint against a CRA with BBB/CFPB/etc. However, I do have a fraud alert on both EQ & EX due to a JDB reporting a debt that was deleted by the OC after a govt complaint for collecting on services never provided. I sent disputes off and clearly stated the OC never provided the services for which the JDB is attempting to collect. EX decided that I wanted a fraud alert added (I never ever said fraud, just they never provided the service) and notified EQ but no fraud alert on TU so far.

Anyways, I called recently to EX to inquire about relatives addresses that were on my reports. Found out I was assigned to H*** S**** in a "special department". She wasn't available but another person was able to help me with the addresses. I just needed to know what accounts were reporting the addresses and she deleted a couple, including one which was a business and another that didn't even exist.

For clarity, you filed a BBB complaint against one of your credit issuers?

I presume yes since a BBB against say, the local dry cleaners, won't get you special handling.

Correct. If you file an AG, BBB, CFPB complaint against one of the CRA's, that CRA will place you in special handling.

That is why I suggested making sure you've done everything possible in your repair process prior to filing complaints with those agencies.

wow...maybe thats why i can't do anymore online disputes with transunion because I filed a CFPB complaint about them..son of a...

I presume yes since a BBB against say, the local dry cleaners, won't get you special handling.

Correct. If you file an AG, BBB, CFPB complaint against one of the CRA's, that CRA will place you in special handling.

That is why I suggested making sure you've done everything possible in your repair process prior to filing complaints with those agencies.

wow...maybe thats why i can't do anymore online disputes with transunion because I filed a CFPB complaint about them..son of a...

If you get backdoor credit reports from TU too often for their liking, they can put you in special handling.

If you get backdoor credit reports from TU too often for their liking, they can put you in special handling.

Lol soooo would every single day updating my score count as "too much" I def update my score daily from all three bureaus it's part of my morning when I wake up, emails, messages, calls, credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here, forgot how I got to their "Consumer Relations" department at some point in time, oddly enough, I think I included them in with a Midland dispute that I had and ended up there. The worst part is having to re-verify the information all over and the long hold times.

"Zac" - Great guy, helped me with information, calm, nicest person ever I have spoken to at EX. Jennifer K. - Pray that you do not have to deal with her ever. Very condescending b*tch, talks down to you, etc. I HATE having to call that department and having to speak to her. Luckily, my last phone call, she was on a call and a very helpful woman came on and gave me some information and deleted a collection that scheduled to fall off in November, was deleted in Oct. Also had a collection that was not mine and attached to an address that was not mine, was gone in 3 days, but I think she somehow added a fraud alert. :(

Asked how I can get out and wasn't told a straight up answer, I am hoping like someone mentioned before that over time I can do things "normally. Worst part was trying to explain to Jennifer K. that being put in CR wouldn't let me upload documents with a dispute. Now, I have a fax number so I ever need to get something down there super fast, I can send a fax.

Experian is a screwed-up company in general.

Lol soooo would every single day updating my score count as "too much" I def update my score daily from all three bureaus it's part of my morning when I wake up, emails, messages, calls, credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might not know what the TU "backdoor" is.

You cannot get a score out of the TU backdoor. The backdoor is where you use the pretext of filing a dispute to get a free copy of your TU disclosure on the TU website.

On 10/3/2015 at 10:30 PM, mizliz1011 said:

My SH is Experian. So I am in Konrad's corner on this one, it stinks.

I have heard that you can ask to be removed after a certain point, don't know if that is true.

The claim made recently (after learning I was still in SH after more than a decade) was that, at least with EXP, once in, you are in for life (or as long as you have active credit reporting going on. 

The ONLY advantage I can see to them is that it gets someone who speaks American English and is not simply a script-reader.  However, a BIG drawback to gaining that advantage is that it substantially alters the process and makes it far more challenging to challenge data reporting.  Addresses seem easier to get fixed though...I had finally called because of what appeared to have been a fat-fingering.  After finally calling (and getting disconnected twice by the offshorians, the issue was resolved and I also have a direct number for my handler.  Ideally I won't ever need them again, but...

I concur with Centex.   I am still in Special Handling with TransUnion and have been since about sometime in 2004.  Almost 15 years now.

11 hours ago, MarvBear said:

I concur with Centex.   I am still in Special Handling with TransUnion and have been since about sometime in 2004.  Almost 15 years now.

I am in SH with all three CRA's have been since about 2003.

Then again, I sued all three and won.