Best choice for PLOC?

The last post in this topic was posted 1978 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hello

Had a question on the best odds approval for a PLOC of around $20-25K.

have $100K income. TU 757 average account age 14 years. credit file age 34 years. Oldest account Visa from 1986 with a 28k limit. 36% utilization on TU. EQ is 689 with 63% utilization. EX 750 with about 50% util. no baddies but EQ has someone elses $400 electric bill collection on it from 2 years ago. Just realized that today when I pulled my file. but no collection showing on TU or EX. 0 inquires TU, 0 inquires EX and 2 inquiries EQ.

not a ton of accounts showing. between 4 and 6 open accounts depending which CRA you look at.

Any ideas where I should apply for a 20-25k PLOC where it would likely be an easy deal? I don't have any affiliation to qualify for USAA or NFCU that I am aware of, so I guess those are off the table. I can deal locally in Minneapolis if anyone knows of a regional bank or credit union there.

thanks!

I am open to other possibilities than PLOC. Which cards might I be able to get that might open a CL at 20K to start with a 0% intro rate? I am not looking to carry the debt more than 6 months. I have a Citi and BOA cards both with limits in the mid to high 20s, but no longer at a rate I would find prudent to borrow a large amount against. thanks again

I obtained some personal loans before. At the time, I had very low debt so that could change things. The 2 that seemed the most generous were the Discover personal loan and NASA. Discover gave their 25k max with no documentation very quickly. The interest rate was 7.99%, now it can go as low as 6.99%. I gave them my banking info, and I had the money in my account 2 or 3 days later. NASA also gave their 30k max. I think I had to give them a copy of my driver's license and two pay stubs. The interest rate was over 11% though.

That being said, if you can get a good BT offer, it will probably cost less. I am in a similar situation and am looking for cheaper money. You may find some useful info in the thread I started below.

https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=549726&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

Please update with what you come up with. I am going to pay off some CCs before statement cut and let them report to reduce the number of cards with balances before I apply for any new cards.

Is Chase likely to match the credit line of my Citi or BOA card in their 20s? From what I can see on the pulls database, there isn't a large flow of $15K+ opening CLs. Are there other possibilities (other than NFCU which I am not eligible for) that tend to match the existing high credit line that are at least more prone to pulling TU or EX?

The last post in this topic was posted 1978 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.