The last post in this topic was posted 2189 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I installed the new Android Pay app today, but haven't yet used it for a purchase. Will do that later today, probably for a late lunch at Panera.

My experience so far:

The Google Wallet app is still there. It's there to send and receive money, and can still be funded with a debit card or bank account. The Google Wallet debit card still exists for spending money from it. The app is no longer NFC enabled. That's for Android Pay.

Android Pay: I set it up. When adding cards, you need to make sure your Android device is PIN protected, or the app says it will remove the accounts in five minutes. One thing it doesn't do that Google says it does. That is you can still add your grandfathered cards to Android Pay that you had connected with Google Wallet. I had my Citibank AAdvantage MasterCard connected with Google Wallet and the app showed it as a choice to add to Android Pay. It wouldn't work. It also wouldn't work by adding it manually. It said to contact the card issuer. Citibank is listed as "Coming Soon" with Android pay, so I'm out of luck until they really come. I did add a Wells Fargo Bank card, as those do work.

I'm thinking of adding the Google Wallet debit card, to see if I can use Android Pay to spend funds from Google Wallet. I'll need to do that later, since I don't carry that card with me.

Edited by Burgerwars

Android Pay? Really? :rofl:

Even better that Samsung is pushing the "S6" against the "6s".

It's all ridiculous. I laugh at all the people that wrote Apple off the map many years ago. Most of them that ragged on me for being a Mac user are all Mac users and iPhone users themselves now.

For the record my phone is a Note 5 and computers are Macs. I like it all. :grin:

It's all ridiculous. I laugh at all the people that wrote Apple off the map many years ago. Most of them that ragged on me for being a Mac user are all Mac users and iPhone users themselves now.

For the record my phone is a Note 5 and computers are Macs. I like it all. :grin:

For phones, Android > iPhone.

For tablets, iPad is still the king.

We have both, too, plus Apple TV. :good:

The new Apple TV looks really sweet

who uses android pay? :ph34r:

I kid.

I wave both Android and Apple phones. Only have a couple cards setup on iPhone. Have not setup google wallet/android pay varieties.

I do! I'm at Panera Bread having a late lunch. It works. Android Pay created a virtual account number to complete my purchase.

Now let me finish my lunch. :)

It would be nice if Discover does the 10% back on Android Pay as well as Apple Pay... otherwise I need an iPhone

^ Frigging THIS! That would rule!

Via Twitter from Discover rep "stay tuned" on a bonus promo. I'm doubtful in the first place and certain they'll nerf it considering how quickly they've added exclusionary terms on the Apple Pay promo.

Also: Samsung pushing their own pay thingie vs Android Pay, I'd bet Samsung wins that one.

Agreed!

I added a Chromecast into the mix to try it out since it's cheap as dirt....still have the AppleTV in another room.

I was able to add my Google Wallet debit card as a payment option in Android Pay. The app said it's not yet supported but Bancorp Bank can create virtual account numbers to accept it.

It will be interesting to see how much my phone beeps while using that card. Maybe multiple times for both apps.

So who accepts Android Pay?

Pretty much will be the same as Apple Pay, (in the U.S. at least) it's more about what stores have adopted the tech to accept these types of transactions. The more the better so I look forward to further expansion as Apple/Android/Samsung etc all push it forward.

Makes you wonder if the day will come when banks won't even issue physical cards anymore, just virtual cards that you can download into your smartphone and activate instantly. That may be the norm in another 10 or 20 years.

Pretty much will be the same as Apple Pay, (in the U.S. at least) it's more about what stores have adopted the tech to accept these types of transactions. The more the better so I look forward to further expansion as Apple/Android/Samsung etc all push it forward.

Makes you wonder if the day will come when banks won't even issue physical cards anymore, just virtual cards that you can download into your smartphone and activate instantly. That may be the norm in another 10 or 20 years.

It would definately be a money saver for them. Just need one bold CC company to launch a card exclusive to virtual/NFC with an enticing reward structure to get people on board.

It would definately be a money saver for them. Just need one bold CC company to launch a card exclusive to virtual/NFC with an enticing reward structure to get people on board.

Exactly.

Introducing Amex Cyber...3% cash back on every purchase! :grin:

The last post in this topic was posted 2189 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.