Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Citi Soft CLI link Master Thread

We can request a CLI with Citi every 6 months with soft pull?

Anyway, not to say I doubted you guys, but I just requested my first CLI, and indeed they only gave me about 30% increase, or 1400 extra. Instant. SP.

I've funneled a lot of spending with them and only have 1 card. I figured I'd get some generous treatment but looks like i figured WRONG haha.

That is the normal/average SP increase, with Citi.

If you want more, it's a HP... ymmv.

Anyway, not to say I doubted you guys, but I just requested my first CLI, and indeed they only gave me about 30% increase, or 1400 extra. Instant. SP.

I've funneled a lot of spending with them and only have 1 card. I figured I'd get some generous treatment but looks like i figured WRONG haha.

Yup. Every six months a soft pull CLI. The soft pull CLIs are not noted as being overly generous, but they ARE soft pulls. If you want more than what they offer, you can opt for a hard pull. I'd rather not look a gift horse in the mouth.

Can you get a CLI and then apply for a new credit card with same bank without penalty?

Yes, you can... no penalty.

But if Citi is your only cc, you should apply with a different bank, for diversity.

Yup. Every six months a soft pull CLI. The soft pull CLIs are not noted as being overly generous, but they ARE soft pulls. If you want more than what they offer, you can opt for a hard pull. I'd rather not look a gift horse in the mouth.

+1

I tried the HP once... and was denied :P

+1

I tried the HP once... and was denied :P

I've never tried. :)

I'm content with a free $2000 on each card every six months.

Can't believe I've not seen this thread before today. Just knocked out a $1600 increase on a SP to go from $5500 --> $7100.

a 30% increase sounds generous to me...

I'm coming up on 6 months since my last approval (on both cards). Wondering if it's truly 6 months or 180 days. Any input?

a 30% increase sounds generous to me...

I'm coming up on 6 months since my last approval (on both cards). Wondering if it's truly 6 months or 180 days. Any input?

They count the days.

So 181 or okay to pull the trigger on 180 days exactly?

IME, Citi is strange. I usually wait an extra 4 days or so because I've been shot down a few times at 181. The good thing, though, is if they do shoot you down for not waiting long enough, you can wait and try again in a few days.

Another thing, there have been times I've been shot down for lame reasons like balances too high on other accounts ($8,000 on a $35,000 with one card). But the weird thing is that I wait a week or two and try again and always get the CLI even though that card remains at the same balance.

But don't expect anything big. If you want more than a few grand, you need to take the hard. Not many folks report big CLIs with the 6-month soft.

So 181 or okay to pull the trigger on 180 days exactly?

IME, Citi is strange. I usually wait an extra 4 days or so because I've been shot down a few times at 181. The good thing, though, is if they do shoot you down for not waiting long enough, you can wait and try again in a few days.

Another thing, there have been times I've been shot down for lame reasons like balances too high on other accounts ($8,000 on a $35,000 with one card). But the weird thing is that I wait a week or two and try again and always get the CLI even though that card remains at the same balance.

Thanks. I've never been one to countdown the days, but I've been a bit more aggressive on the gardening as of late. 176 days now, so it sounds like waiting until this time next week or so should be worthy of another attempt.

But don't expect anything big. If you want more than a few grand, you need to take the hard. Not many folks report big CLIs with the 6-month soft.

Right. ~2k on each card granted last time, so we'll see.

I always get denied .. I must be at maximum exposure with them ....

@ Big Bear: That's been my experience too. I'm content with an extra $2k every 1/2 year for free.

@ Cactus: What's your exposure with Citi? I'm at about $55k between two cards and always get the soft CLIs every 1/2 year. I'm not sure I'd go for a hard CLI though because I might be near my limit with them.

I always get denied .. I must be at maximum exposure with them ....

@ Big Bear: That's been my experience too. I'm content with an extra $2k every 1/2 year for free.

@ Cactus: What's your exposure with Citi? I'm at about $55k between two cards and always get the soft CLIs every 1/2 year. I'm not sure I'd go for a hard CLI though because I might be near my limit with them.

Agreed about gladly clicking on the button to try to get some incremental bumps on the limits via SP.

@Cactus: I was concidered at the exposure limit with Citi before (if you indeed are) and that's changed over the past couple years. Finally seeing increases after a lot of denials. Currently just north of $42k with them across two products.

I agree that it's not worth the attempt with a HP. For that, I'd rather try to add another card.

In the same boat now as some others in this thread - no longer get the SP verbiage anymore now that I've opened a Citigold account.

Any ideas on why? Why would having Citigold do anything?

In the same boat now as some others in this thread - no longer get the SP verbiage anymore now that I've opened a Citigold account.

I have no idea, honestly, but once I linked my credit accounts to Citigold they all changed to the HP disclosure when before they had all been SP.

I have no idea, honestly, but once I linked my credit accounts to Citigold they all changed to the HP disclosure when before they had all been SP.

That certainly sucks.

Guess I'll never think about Citigold.

Same here... I have even tried de-linking my CC accounts from the CG login I had and created a whole new login. Still no SP verbiage for me.