Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Citi Soft CLI link Master Thread

I seem to be at max exposure with Citi. Denied for that reason for the last few attempts. this sucks...

No more Citi CLI's for me, at least not a SP :(

What's your exposure with Citi now?

I'm intrigued by this as well. At one time I had received that same denial reason. Since then my income (and household income) has increased as well as my exposure. What's your exposure (as a percentage of income)?

Ever since I signed up for the Citigold 50k TYP offer, and linked all of my Citi cards to that login, I'm not able to get soft pull jargon anymore. :beee::dntknw:

Have the legacy Forward, TYP, AA, Hilton and BestBuy Visa (though it's not linked to the Citigold login). Total exposure with Citi is over $50k.

From what I've read, Citi routinely closes unused accounts. Might want to use it at least once every 6 months.

Definitely put a small balance on the card every few months to keep it active.

Ever since I signed up for the Citigold 50k TYP offer, and linked all of my Citi cards to that login, I'm not able to get soft pull jargon anymore. :beee::dntknw:

Have the legacy Forward, TYP, AA, Hilton and BestBuy Visa (though it's not linked to the Citigold login). Total exposure with Citi is over $50k.

Looks like this has changed for me also after opening the Citigold checking. No more sp.

The link takes me to the same page that going to Accounts Management > Credit Limit Increase does.

Is that right?

Here's the verbiage I get:

It's easy to find out if you qualify for a credit limit increase. A credit bureau report will not be requested and you will receive an instant decision.

The link takes me to the same page that going to Accounts Management > Credit Limit Increase does.

Is that right?

It's easy to find out if you qualify for a credit limit increase. A credit bureau report will not be requested and you will receive an instant decision.

It's a different page, or at least a backdoor entrance.

Many people have been getting CLI's with this link, where the CLI button wasn't existent in their online account mgt tools.

That verbiage means it will be a soft pull. Nothing to lose. If you get denied, you'll get a letter in the mail you can use for a free credit report.

Is that right?

Yes, but often times you may go through the Account Management dropdown and see the hard pull wording, but going through this link gives the soft pull each time (at least each and every time that I've used it).

I was denied.

I'm certain it's because I just got a soft CLI 4 weeks ago.

Hope everyone who said the request doesn't count towards the 6 months is right.

I got greedy.

Edited by BobVance

I did 3 of my 5 Citi cards. $1900 and 2x $1500 SP CLIs. When I checked the last 2 cards, the HP language was there.

The first 3 haven't had a CLI for over 6 months. The last two cards are 5 and 3 months old.

Edited by sedge

Been six months and a couple days since I last tried the link.

Got the " By clicking "Continue" you understand that we will obtain a credit bureau report to evaluate your request. Our credit department will review your request within 24 hours."

No cheese for me.

Got the " By clicking "Continue" you understand that we will obtain a credit bureau report to evaluate your request. Our credit department will review your request within 24 hours."

No cheese for me.

If you want a decent limit with Citi, you got to take the hit. Believe me, it's not worth waiting around every 6 months for small 1K increases. Citi is good with hard hit CLI's IME.

No cheese for me.

If you want a decent limit with Citi, you got to take the hit. Believe me, it's not worth waiting around every 6 months for small 1K increases. Citi is good with hard hit CLI's IME.

For me, it's not worth taking a hard hit on a 1X card. I get 1000 bonus AA miles every month I spend $1000 or more. Most months, this card gets $1009.90, or $1011.90. My $10K limit is more than adequate for its usage.

This is what I have always had since day one with Citi:

"It's easy to find out if you qualify for a credit limit increase. A credit bureau report will not be requested and you will receive an instant decision."

And as long as it has been six months since last CLI, I get $3k to $4k per account. If I don't like their offer, then it gives me the hard pull option.

Mine (Single card) and DW (4 Citi cards) got:

It's easy to find out if you qualify for a credit limit increase. By clicking "Continue" you understand that we will obtain a credit bureau report to evaluate your request. Our credit department will review your request within 24 hours.

No cheese for me.

^This

It's pretty much right on target. Citi does better but you MUST take a hit for it. That's just how they roll for better or worse.

Or as some do, just drift along with it for the minor SP CLI each 6.

2 accounts under one login Sp offer for Hilton card, Hp offer for Simplicity, both about a month shy of six months

Took the Sp on the Hilton approved $1500 increase. $4600>$6100

No cheese for me.

For me, it's not worth taking a hard hit on a 1X card. I get 1000 bonus AA miles every month I spend $1000 or more. Most months, this card gets $1009.90, or $1011.90. My $10K limit is more than adequate for its usage.

It's not always for what you have, it may be for what you will eventually get. SP Citi CLI's are a joke

No cheese for me.

It's not always for what you have, it may be for what you will eventually get. SP Citi CLI's are a joke

I love $2200 jokes every six months for doing nothing other than just sitting on my rear.

If it fits in with my plans, I'll go for a hard INQ CLI. If not, low hanging fruit also tastes good.

I have plenty of credit lines for my needs. I am NEVER going to take a hard pull to increase my DCU, Discover, Freedom, Citi AA, FNBO etc. I will never take a hard pull to increase my BofA business cards.

I wont ever take a hard pull for Barclays again for a CLI. I was considering doing it to have a way to heavily fund Citigold accounts. CC funding is dead, so that idea is dead with it.

I would consider taking hard pulls to raise NFCU to a possible $80K limit (from almost $50K). I would consider taking a hard pull to get my Chase Ink up to a $25K+ limit (from $10K). I would consider taking a hard pull to raise my BofA Travel Rewards to something higher than the $25K where it sits now.

If I wanted to go after Citi, my card has already had the W->WE conversion meaning I should be able to exploit the loophole and get the bonus again on another Citi app. My last Citi approval was for almost $25K. I would app another personal AA, probably get a $20K+ approval, then steal another $5K or so from my existing Citi AA. Considering I have about 750,000 AA miles, and my wife has another 120,000 or so, I have no desire to chase around after AA's at the moment.

Edited by Konrad2012

We can request a CLI with Citi every 6 months with soft pull?

Anyway, not to say I doubted you guys, but I just requested my first CLI, and indeed they only gave me about 30% increase, or 1400 extra. Instant. SP.

I've funneled a lot of spending with them and only have 1 card. I figured I'd get some generous treatment but looks like i figured WRONG haha.