Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Citi Soft CLI link Master Thread

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 12:32 AM, Chris58 said:

Just hit it again via the link on the first page of this thread.

6 months after last SP another instant SP of +8K to 42.5K

Still working, still luv available.

Just hit it again 6 months and a few days after last time.

Another SP CLI of +8K to $50.5K.B)

Still working, still luv available.

Just hit it again 6 months and a few days after last time.

Another SP CLI of +8K to $50.5K.B)

Nice!

+2k for me. Same increase the last four attempts in a row.

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:00 AM, BravoSierra said:

Nice!

+2k for me. Same increase the last four attempts in a row.

Question, are you using the account?

My last 4 increases were 8K so perhaps our overall profiles differ, (but the one before was 2K).

Prior to the 2K increase the card was in the sock drawer for a year.

After this I started to use the card, (slowly ramping up to about $15K/month). 90% of which is at my local Simon Mall, (my bad, LOL,,,:angel:)

Perhaps Citi likes to see usage?

Edited by Chris58

On 3/17/2019 at 4:12 AM, Chris58 said:

Question, are you using the account?

My last 4 increases were 8K so perhaps our overall profiles differ, (but the one before was 2K).

Prior to the 2K increase the card was in the sock drawer for a year.

After this I started to use the card, (slowly ramping up to about $15K/month). 90% of which is at my local Simon Mall, (my bad, LOL,,,:angel:)

Perhaps Citi likes to see usage?

Good question- that is entirely possible. This card does not see much use, < 1k/ year. My other Citi card that averages 1k/month has been getting the same 2k CLI. Could just be me.

So, curious if anyone else is in the same boat with Citi as I am re CLI requests:

Whether I click the CLI link from my online account, or try the "soft" CLI request link posted in this thread, I get a message that says:

We're sorry the page is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

For further assistance with your Credit Card account please call 1-800-347-4934. Banking customers can call 1-800-374-9700 (TTY:800-788-0002).

We apologize for any inconvenience.

This is a persistent "state" for over 2 years.  The number provided (ending in 4934) is their online support number.  When I call it, an automated system requests what I need; the words "credit limit increase" trigger an request for updated income and housing payment. 

I'm then told that an updated credit report will be pulled (it's not specific as to whether a "hard" or "soft" pull is involved, nor is there an alert that it would affect my credit).  For now, I've opted out of the pull/request.

I have 3 general purpose MC's with Citi, the youngest just shy of 20 years old, plus a Sears MC (just converted) and a HD store card.  My total credit exposure, $83k,  is 45% of my income.  The CL I'm seeking to increase is at $17k.

Before I call a CS to review why I can't request online, or simply accede to the report pull for the request, does anyone have any insight into what's going on here?

22 hours ago, hdporter said:

So, curious if anyone else is in the same boat with Citi as I am re CLI requests:

Whether I click the CLI link from my online account, or try the "soft" CLI request link posted in this thread, I get a message that says:

This is a persistent "state" for over 2 years.  The number provided (ending in 4934) is their online support number.  When I call it, an automated system requests what I need; the words "credit limit increase" trigger an request for updated income and housing payment. 

I'm then told that an updated credit report will be pulled (it's not specific as to whether a "hard" or "soft" pull is involved, nor is there an alert that it would affect my credit).  For now, I've opted out of the pull/request.

I have 3 general purpose MC's with Citi, the youngest just shy of 20 years old, plus a Sears MC (just converted) and a HD store card.  My total credit exposure, $83k,  is 45% of my income.  The CL I'm seeking to increase is at $17k.

Before I call a CS to review why I can't request online, or simply accede to the report pull for the request, does anyone have any insight into what's going on here?

Not sure why you are seeing that message- the link on the first post doesn't work for me, but I just click through services menu on my account and see the soft pull verbiage. 

Only other thing to try might be updating income information on your profile?

Otherwise Citi has been much more generous with CLI's with a hard pull IME (+20k vs. +2k every 6 months)

Edited by BravoSierra

4 hours ago, BravoSierra said:

Only other thing to try might be updating income information on your profile?

In absence of anecdotal info here, I guess I'll go ahead, call again, and authorize a credit pull.  Whatever the outcome, maybe this will clear up the online block on requesting future CLI's on my Citi accounts.  (Of course, if not, I'll follow up through a CSR.)

As far info in my online profile, that was updated with the information I provided during the call yesterday.

8 hours ago, Big Bear said:

The slow crawl with Citi continues. 3k on one account, 2k granted on another.  Still less overall exposure than the Hilton move to Amex.  

You are lucky.  For almost the last year every time I hit the button it comes back and denies me.  They say, if I want more it will have to be a hard pull.

And then with a hard pull they deny me because they say between them and other accounts they underwrite I already exceed their maximum.  :(

7 hours ago, Chris58 said:

Bump

Just a FYI here, the link on the first page still works fine.

Just hit it and got a +8K SP cli on my DC, (5th +8K SP cli in a row on 6 month intervals).

nice!

I got CLI on prestigue and premier a couple of weeks ago (posted ijn the 2019 CLI thread)

Bump

Just a FYI here, the link on the first page still works fine.

Just hit it and got a +8K SP cli on my DC, (5th +8K SP cli in a row on 6 month intervals).

Nice! 2k for me but this card doesn’t see much usage.

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:04 AM, BravoSierra said:

Nice! 2k for me but this card doesn’t see much usage.

Nor does mine, (if we're talking about "REAL" usage vs. MS*,, lol,,,lol...:angel:

To hard to resist for me given Simon's 1K VGC gig, (up until Nov 1 when Citi rolls out new T&C's for this particular DC product).B)

I'm not really a "Cashback Guy", I just use it to defray the cost of my travel related MS*.

13 minutes ago, Chris58 said:

Nor does mine, (if we're talking about "REAL" usage vs. MS*,, lol,,,lol...:angel:

To hard to resist for me given Simon's 1K VGC gig, (up until Nov 1 when Citi rolls out new T&C's for this particular DC product).B)

I'm not really a "Cashback Guy", I just use it to defray the cost of my travel related MS*.

Simon really has made this card worthwhile recently. The only non-MS spend I put on this card is at places that don’t take Amex, of which there are very few. 

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:25 AM, DPB said:

Simon really has made this card worthwhile recently. The only non-MS spend I put on this card is at places that don’t take Amex, of which there are very few. 

Couldn't agree more my friend.

Just be mindful that effective Nov 1, Citi has new T&C's for this product that specifically EXCLUDE "Gift Cards" from earning rewards on this card product.

Personally, I'll be out of the country, (and out of the "Game" Nov-Jan), so I'll look for some data points as to whether Citi is enforcing their new T&C's when I get back in February.

Since you MS*, just remember numerous data points that Citi doesn't like anonymous payments, (avoid WMBP, Money Order, or cash payments with this card).:dntknw:

Just show them what they expect from an average consumer, (a single payment per month from a bank account you're the owner of).B)

11 minutes ago, Chris58 said:

Couldn't agree more my friend.

Just be mindful that effective Nov 1, Citi has new T&C's for this product that specifically EXCLUDE "Gift Cards" from earning rewards on this card product.

Personally, I'll be out of the country, (and out of the "Game" Nov-Jan), so I'll look for some data points as to whether Citi is enforcing their new T&C's when I get back in February.

Since you MS*, just remember numerous data points that Citi doesn't like anonymous payments, (avoid WMBP, Money Order, or cash payments with this card).:dntknw:

Just show them what they expect from an average consumer, (a single payment per month from a bank account you're the owner of).B)

Yep, I’m aware of the changes. I don’t expect much of an issue. This card sees only a small percentage of my monthly MS. Maybe $5k out of $50-60k per month. It used to be higher volume, but other cards have been giving a much better return lately. And I never use WMBP for any card. 

On 10/3/2019 at 11:36 PM, Chris58 said:

Citi has new T&C's for this product that specifically EXCLUDE...

Only this product? What about AAdvantages? They usually require 4-8 purchases each...

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 1:08 PM, Occam said:

Only this product? What about AAdvantages? They usually require 4-8 purchases each...

The updated T&C's I read, (might have been linked to Miles to Memories blog), Specifically only mentioned the DC product.

Who knows how they will enforce it, (or what the trigger/s might be).