Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Citi Soft CLI link Master Thread

I currently have a $5600 limit on my Diamond Preferred, a $6900 limit on my Double Cash, and a $2400 limit on my Simplicity.

Does it mean I've reached max exposure if they won't give me a SP CLI on the Simplicity (the newest card) or what? I get the soft pull verbiage when I go in through the SP CLI link, but after I submit my information, I get this:

More Information Required

We regret that we cannot instantly approve your request for a credit limit increase. If you would like our credit department to review your request further, we will need to obtain a credit bureau report. Our credit department will review your request within 24 hours.

and then a secure message later informing me that they need to do a new pull in order to consider granting me a credit limit increase!?! I've only had three statements cut on this card. If I wait it out, do you think their account review whenever they do it will probably allow me a SP CLI? My utilization just went waaaaaaay down recently.

The search function or other posters may have different insights, but anecdotally, the only time I've gotten success with Citi's softpull CLI is after 6 months, with what I would call small amounts, but regularly used and paid on time.

My purchases never approached more than 5% of my initial limits. I went from an initial $5500 with scores around 720 (no baddies) to $6900 with scores over 750. I've been getting the same message about them needing to pull a report for 5 months. I'm just going to wait until the New Year and let 'em have at it if that's what they want to do.

The search function or other posters may have different insights, but anecdotally, the only time I've gotten success with Citi's softpull CLI is after 6 months, with what I would call small amounts, but regularly used and paid on time.

My purchases never approached more than 5% of my initial limits. I went from an initial $5500 with scores around 720 (no baddies) to $6900 with scores over 750. I've been getting the same message about them needing to pull a report for 5 months. I'm just going to wait until the New Year and let 'em have at it if that's what they want to do.

Something may have changed, so I'll wait until 6 statements cut.. but my Diamond Preferred and Double Cash both got me nice CLI's at 3 months. I knew at the time that it wasn't necessarily common, but I guess I thought the same would happen with the third card too.

I can try to be patient :rofl:

I just tried to login to do the 6 month CLI request. I can’t. Anyone else have trouble logging on to Citi online?

No

I just tried to login to do the 6 month CLI request. I can’t. Anyone else have trouble logging on to Citi online?

No

Thanks CV. I guess I will have to reset my password.

After a rather lengthy drought and a whole lot of FOAD letters...

Premier +2k

HHonors +3k (hoping this limit makes its way over to Amex next month so I can make a larger prybar)

Premier +2k

HHonors +3k (hoping this limit makes its way over to Amex next month so I can make a larger prybar)

Congrats! :)

I have several Citi cards. Have been getting the SP language on the luv button screen for several months and trying, getting denied for lack of 6 months since last auto CLI of $6K to $18K on each of DC and Costco cards. 6 months went by, so went for it again. Declined again. Reason being: at the maximum limit without HP. WTF? Is it worth the HP you think?

I've been getting $3,000 on each of two cards every six months for several years with only a SP. The six-month mark should be in a few days, but I tried a bit early and got the same crap as Hawaiigirl: "Maximum limit without HP. This includes all Citi cards including gas and commercial cards" or something like that. My total exposure with Citi is only $90k, counting a gas card.

I might let them have a hard; I'm thinking about it.

I'm right at $50K exposure. Still haven't gone for the HP, but might do that in the next month or so. I want to let a couple of new cards age first. Let us know what happens if you decide to go for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I'm leaning towards not going for it.

Several years ago I had an adventure with Citi over POI. Seems that in their extra-chromosomed-brain a military LES is not a pay stub. The analyst, adding insult to injury, claimed to be a current reservist and I went nuclear on him. A BBB complaint proved fruitless, but a highly toxic letter to my favorite senator got Citi to find religion. I'm not convinced that Citi doesn't have other inbred trash in their underwriting department. Although I love a good fight, right now there's too much going on that would prevent me from truly enjoying it. I'll give it a month until after my vacation and then get ready for another brawl.

You probably got a newbie. I would of escalated. What state were they in?

I have several Citi cards. Have been getting the SP language on the luv button screen for several months and trying, getting denied for lack of 6 months since last auto CLI of $6K to $18K on each of DC and Costco cards. 6 months went by, so went for it again. Declined again. Reason being: at the maximum limit without HP. WTF? Is it worth the HP you think?

I've been getting $3,000 on each of two cards every six months for several years with only a SP. The six-month mark should be in a few days, but I tried a bit early and got the same crap as Hawaiigirl: "Maximum limit without HP. This includes all Citi cards including gas and commercial cards" or something like that. My total exposure with Citi is only $90k, counting a gas card.

I might let them have a hard; I'm thinking about it.

I'm right at $50K exposure. Still haven't gone for the HP, but might do that in the next month or so. I want to let a couple of new cards age first. Let us know what happens if you decide to go for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I'm leaning towards not going for it.

Several years ago I had an adventure with Citi over POI. Seems that in their extra-chromosomed-brain a military LES is not a pay stub. The analyst, adding insult to injury, claimed to be a current reservist and I went nuclear on him. A BBB complaint proved fruitless, but a highly toxic letter to my favorite senator got Citi to find religion. I'm not convinced that Citi doesn't have other inbred trash in their underwriting department. Although I love a good fight, right now there's too much going on that would prevent me from truly enjoying it. I'll give it a month until after my vacation and then get ready for another brawl.

You probably got a newbie. I would of escalated. What state were they in?

Not sure which state, but they were not overseas agents. It was an "underwriter" from their Citi Retail division.

Not sure if I posted it, but I did give the normal Citi people (Forward, DC etc) a hard pull and they gave me an extra $20k. Fast and efficient. Waiting to see if that will return me to the 6-month regular soft-pull CLI list.

Premier +2k

Congrats! :)

Thanks!

So I was wondering about the odd, non-rounded credit limits on the cards (and the denial for CLI on the third). Turns out my exposure is now exactly 75k. I wonder if I'll be able to claw back the 20k+ when the Hilton moves over to Amex (or try to move some of the limit now).

Tapped out @ $80k.

They won't consider an increase on any of my cards without a Hard Pull. *shrug*

Tapped out @ $80k.

They won't consider an increase on any of my cards without a Hard Pull. *shrug*

Prior to this last round of CLIs, I had tried the HP route with a big FOAD letter as a result. I wouldn't recommend it unless your max exposure is significantly lower.