Citi Soft CLI link Master Thread

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since I'm nearing in on the 6 month mark since my last round of CLIs, I checked out the page. This is a rather nice addition (see the bottom):    

Still working just got another 3K increase.

Bump   Just a FYI here, the link on the first page still works fine.   Just hit it and got a +8K SP cli on my DC, (5th +8K SP cli in a row on 6 month intervals).

Kohls gave me an increase to $2500 today :)

You have some lounge pants to buy... I think these are an extra 20% off now, plus you get $5 in Kohl's cash and a bucket of nougat.

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-28%20at%201.31.5

Yeah, pretty much accurate. Make sure to put enough stuff you don't need in your cart to get to the minimum to use the KC ;)

Any minimum waiting period after a denial? Any downside to attempting every month or two after a denial? Didn't see this questions addressed in the last 3 or 4 pages of the thread.

Attempting prior to the 6 month window doesn't seem to reset a secondary counter.

Finally got the SP verbiage on Citi Prestige card. AF posted today.

Result: Instant +8k to 34k.

EIGHT?! That's quite the SP increase for Citi.

This gives me hope for the upcoming attempt window...

Ple

Any minimum waiting period after a denial? Any downside to attempting every month or two after a denial? Didn't see this questions addressed in the last 3 or 4 pages of the thread.

Attempting prior to the 6 month window doesn't seem to reset a secondary counter.

Finally got the SP verbiage on Citi Prestige card. AF posted today.

Result: Instant +8k to 34k.

EIGHT?! That's quite the SP increase for Citi.

This gives me hope for the upcoming attempt window...

Pleasant surprise. That card is quite the money maker. Should be about 3k back this year in 4th night free benefit. Next year, approx 12k. Makes the discover double cash back seem like chump change.

Data points:

- opened a Citi gold checking account at the same time that the prestige was opened.

- checking, credit cards were under the same online account.

- no SP verbiage using the link in the first post or under account management.

- last time I recall looking for the cli was in early summer. Well over six months since account opening.

- closed checking account end of October.

- had to create a new online account to link the credit cards.

- SP cli on prestige. HP verbiage for AA and Costco. All from account management page.

- tried the link in the first post today.

- SP verbiage on AA plat. +2.2k to approx 20k.

That's +10k In SP cli from Citi in less than a week.

I just got my Citi double Cash card Friday, CL 3.6k. I had read somewhere on here that they won't do an increase til you have card in hand.

So I used the online request, asked for 10K, got the " By clicking "Continue" you understand that we will obtain a credit bureau report to evaluate your request. Our credit department will

review your request within 24 hours." I took the HP. Never got a notification (probably in the mail) but logged in this morning and had 10k CL showing. That's my highest limit so far on

a bank card! :yahoo:

Consistently no luck on my TY card (largest limit with Citi), but was just granted a soft CLI on the DC for +$1700. I'll take it (this is the 'hidden' tradeline that they refuse to report). I opted not to take a hard pull and ask for more, at least this time around.

• 3 weeks later...

Opened Citi DC 9/15. This link worked for a soft CLI in 4/16, @ 6 months. Hadn't tried any sooner, who knows it may have worked if I had. But it's been another @ 10/16, and the link will NOT work for me again. Tried it every few days or so since 10/16 & keep getting this:

"By clicking "Continue" you understand that we will obtain a credit bureau report to evaluate your request. Our credit department will notify you of our decision or let you know if we need more information."

No other Citi accounts. I'm mildly frustrated. Supposed to be gardening for 2 years (since 12/15) & hitting everything I can for soft CLIs during that 2 yr period. But I'm also not going to submit a hard CLI request right now. When my 2 years are up next December I'll submit a hard CLI, just not right now. There is a new USAA card I'm considering, but also considering skipping for the same reason (that I'm letting everything age for these 2 years 12/15-12/17). https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=580442&hl=

Any ideas?

Otherwise just adding my data point.

Edited by January2015

If you aren't adding any new accounts, and are past 180 days, I'd personally go ahead and take the HP now and then again in another few months. INQs are far overrated on their impact on FICO scores.

Having said that, I too am still waiting for another SP CLI on my main Citi card. At this point I've sailed past 6 months and keep trying weekly without any luck. Stuck at 31k.

I was looking to get my bestbuy citi visa cli increase with a soft pull but the language on the cli is not very clear on the account page, has anyone been successful with a soft pull.

Is this handled via the same citicards.com login?

Care to share the wording that you see?

I was looking to get my bestbuy citi visa cli increase with a soft pull but the language on the cli is not very clear on the account page, has anyone been successful with a soft pull.

It's a HP.

I do suggest if you're already taking the hit, call the number and speak to an analyst to try to get the maximum possible.

BestBuy Credit Analyst: 888-908-9890

Edited by Cappy