Sign in to follow this  
NoPresetSnarkLimit

"Discover 10% to 22% cashback in qtr 4 up to 10k"

I hate Apple. But, what generation Iphone supports Apple Pay?

I'll buy a used I4S and throw it in a family plan...

You need a 6 or 6 plus.

The 5s works if you pair it with Apple watch or something.

Guess I'll buy a used i6, or a broken screen i6 and have the screen fixed in China for next to nothing.

Put it in a family plan for $20/mo

Guess I'll buy a used i6, or a broken screen i6 and have the screen fixed in China for next to nothing.

If you have all your purchases lined up, you might be able to link your card info with a friends phone who doesn't use apple pay and use their phone and avoid all this hassle

If you have all your purchases lined up, you might be able to link your card info with a friends phone who doesn't use apple pay and use their phone and avoid all this hassle

A girl that used to do interpreting for me works at this company now - http://www.dbx.com.cn/

I busted the screen/digitizer on my GalaxyS4 and got it fixed for 20 USD last time I was in Guangzhou.

A girl that used to do interpreting for me works at this company now - http://www.dbx.com.cn/

I busted the screen/digitizer on my GalaxyS4 and got it fixed for 20 USD last time I was in Guangzhou.

It's incredible how much the retail markup is for a screen

$20 for a screen replacement installed is fantastic

For the non-mathy among us. Purchase a new 5s 16g for $0 with contract. Use Apple Pay for 3 months, collect 10% cashback, ($1000 -$2000) sell used iPhone for (approx) $400 on eBay, pay early termination fee (approx $275)to cancel cell contract.

Modifying this for a better deal and eliminate extra step (5s requires Watch to utilize Apple Pay)

Take this offer https://www.citi.com/credit-card-details/citi.action?ID=citi-att-access-more-credit-card

Get a full price 6 or 6s, unlocked with no contract, collect $650 rebate from Citi for the phone purchase.

Use Discover with Apple Pay for 3 months collecting $1000-2000

Sell 6 or 6s on eBay for approx 600-800 for an unlocked phone.

For the non-mathy among us. Purchase a new 5s 16g for $0 with contract. Use Apple Pay for 3 months, collect 10% cashback, ($1000 -$2000) sell used iPhone for (approx) $400 on eBay, pay early termination fee (approx $275)to cancel cell contract.

Modifying this for a better deal and eliminate extra step (5s requires Watch to utilize Apple Pay)

Take this offer https://www.citi.com/credit-card-details/citi.action?ID=citi-att-access-more-credit-card

Get a full price 6 or 6s, unlocked with no contract, collect $650 rebate from Citi for the phone purchase.

This is bordering on my kind of debauchery. Except the part about D*****ry.

I

So do you think this counts with the double cash back as well?

I'll be on the lookout for any exclusionary language but I don't see why not. They aren't going to go broke on it, only x amount of customers have the double cash back year and x amount of customers will use Apple Pay and x amount (like us) that will max out 10k.

I'm very hopeful.

Confirmed by Discover social media team, this will also apply to double cash back year. Being called deal of the year by various sites we frequent, lol. (On Sept 10th mind you) Edited by NoPresetSnarkLimit

Obviously anyone interested in taking advantage of this who does not yet have a Discover card, please PM anybody in this thread for a referral. Whoever you contact will need your email address. $50 for them, $50 for you. Let's keep em in house at CB.

I hate Apple. +1,000 I love my S-series Androids

I'll buy a used iphone and throw it in a family plan... +1

I

So do you think this counts with the double cash back as well?

I'll be on the lookout for any exclusionary language but I don't see why not. They aren't going to go broke on it, only x amount of customers have the double cash back year and x amount of customers will use Apple Pay and x amount (like us) that will max out 10k.

I'm very hopeful.

Confirmed by Discover social media team, this will also apply to double cash back year. Being called deal of the year by various sites we frequent, lol. (On Sept 10th mind you)

:clapping:

To all the iPhone haters, just know, your best value will be on the newest iPhone for resale (but I'm sure you'll post back when you decide to keep it :rofl: ) Now back to our regularly scheduled Discover discussion.

In fact I hate to throw this one at you but a crafty spender could preorder the 6s on the 12th, receive on the 25th, max out 10k within a couple of days and resell for higher than purchase price on eBay due to limited availability at launch.

In fact I hate to throw this one at you but a crafty spender could preorder the 6s on the 12th, receive on the 25th, max out 10k within a couple of days and resell for higher than purchase price on eBay due to limited availability at launch.

I was already thinking the same similar. :grin:

To all the iPhone haters, just know, your best value will be on the newest iPhone for resale (but I'm sure you'll post back when you decide to keep it :rofl: ) Now back to our regularly scheduled Discover discussion.

Meh...my S5 smokes the iPhone 6...I used to buy iPhones, but switched a few years ago and never looked back. Don't get me wrong, they're sweet phones, and the fanbois keep the resale value up, but I just like Android better now.

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks...

Oh, yeah...Discovery is subprime. :grin:

I'll still be able to do the spend in a couple of days, but damn I wish CVS was still doing VR's! That would make this SO easy... :)

So potentional 2K CashBack...

What does everyone suggest?

I will be buying the new 6S Plus with it with my older 6 Plus, but thinking how to spend the rest.

So potentional 2K CashBack...

What does everyone suggest?

I will be buying the new 6S Plus with it with my older 6 Plus, but thinking how to spend the rest.

VGC!

Where!!!!???

And obviously not Cvs :lol:

I would do this even I had no idea where I would be liquidating them.

Does Simon Malls kiosk Accept Apple Pay?

you could buy a Macy's or a BestBuy GC or a bunch of others for 10K and resell on eBay or some of these places like CardCash. (Many more to choose from)

You will probably lose 10% but then again, you will still gain 1K CashBack at the end of the day.

Step #1 - Approved! Card is on the way...

Step #2 - Looking for a phone while waiting on card....

Edited by BDK

Sign in to follow this  

About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines