"Discover 10% to 22% cashback in qtr 4 up to 10k"

The last post in this topic was posted 1957 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Last week I bought 1,000 of VGC's in 2 different Walgreens. The cashiers didn't bat an eye. We even had a nice chat.

This week I go into those same Walgreen's, and the same cashiers tell me that it is Walgreen's policy to only allow the purchase of one VGC at a time. I went to a third Walgreen's and heard the same story.

Same here. Bought 2k in one purchase last week. Clerk was cheerful and appeared unconcerned. This week same store rack is empty, asked at counter and they are now keeping Visa variable load behind the counter and you can only buy one card per day.

As much of a hassle as it might be, at least there is plenty of time to max out the offer

I've already maxed out the $10k. If it pays like it should, I'll app a second card and collect another $2k

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone posted either way about the 10% being credited correctly, either for GCs purchased or for other purchases?

In posts that I have seen, folks whose statements have cut have reported no 10% on either type of purchase.. Some who asked Discover about it post that Discover says bonus will post 1 to 2 statements later.

Has anyone posted either way about the 10% being credited correctly, either for GCs purchased or for other purchases?

In posts that I have seen, folks whose statements have cut have reported no 10% on either type of purchase.. Some who asked Discover about it post that Discover says bonus will post 1 to 2 statements later.

No

Oh my.

FT does have folks saying GC purchases were posted, but the reports are rather scarce at this point. I bought a new iphone for DW because of this. While she's excited, I would not be happy if Discover doesn't pay.

I'm leary of even walking into Best Buy and paying for a printer with Apple Pay/Discovery because I don't believe the 10% credit will post properly without a lot of hassle... and then I don't believe it will be properly doubled later without intervention...

I don't know why this should work better than any of their other types of reward tracking.

FT does have folks saying GC purchases were posted, but the reports are rather scarce at this point. I bought a new iphone for DW because of this. While she's excited, I would not be happy if Discover doesn't pay.

I'm leary of even walking into Best Buy and paying for a printer with Apple Pay/Discovery because I don't believe the 10% credit will post properly without a lot of hassle... and then I don't believe it will be properly doubled later without intervention...

I don't know why this should work better than any of their other types of reward tracking.

I'm leery as well, but I have taken the KoolAid.

I will use my Disco for NOTHING but Apple Pay purchases until the end of the year, except for one $1,500 Amazon purchase of gift cards to maximize that bonus as well. I am going to make it very easy to track this whole thing.

I want to believe in Santa, I really, really do.

But man it's so hard to believe they will actually pay all this out plus the doubling next year. I've ran a bit through my Discover but I'll be shocked to see it all come to fruition.

I want to believe in Santa, I really, really do.

But man it's so hard to believe they will actually pay all this out plus the doubling next year. I've ran a bit through my Discover but I'll be shocked to see it all come to fruition.

They'll pay it out, it's just whether or not we can use gift cards to do it. If not, there's still reselling available, especially around Black Friday and the holidays.

I noticed in my posted transactions the ones that I paid with Apple Pay state as such. So i'll be really easy to track which payments were made with Apple Pay.

Now that's a helpful piece of information! Nice to know they have broken it down on the statement already.

Welcome! It'll be a great way for end users to track to see if we are really getting our rewards or not! Almost 1/3 of the way through the spend!

I will use my Disco for NOTHING but Apple Pay purchases until the end of the year, except for one $1,500 Amazon purchase of gift cards to maximize that bonus as well. I am going to make it very easy to track this whole thing.

I don't even try to maximize the cash back on the rotating category cards anymore. My Freedom has just become a place to park my spare Chase limits while I'm waiting for the next decent signup bonus to present itself.

I don't even try to maximize the cash back on the rotating category cards anymore. My Freedom has just become a place to park my spare Chase limits while I'm waiting for the next decent signup bonus to present itself.

But it's so easy to max the Disco bonus.

But it's so easy to max the Disco bonus.

It isn't for me. I don't spend that much to begin with, and it's difficult to liquidate store cards.

I also don't get why Discover has Amazon AND Department stores in both 3rd and fourth quarters.

I noticed in my posted transactions the ones that I paid with Apple Pay state as such. So i'll be really easy to track which payments were made with Apple Pay.

Now that's a helpful piece of information! Nice to know they have broken it down on the statement already.

Not to put too fine a point on this, But he's talking about "Posted Transactions", (which I assume mean mid-cycle).

I've seen the same thing on the Disco site for my account. What remains to be seen is if Discover "DQ's" any VGC purchases from the extra 10% bonus. :blush:

The whole 1 - 2 statement delay will clarify by mid-November.

Not to put too fine a point on this, But he's talking about "Posted Transactions", (which I assume mean mid-cycle).

I've seen the same thing on the Disco site for my account. What remains to be seen is if Discover "DQ's" any VGC purchases from the extra 10% bonus. :blush:

The whole 1 - 2 statement delay will clarify by mid-November.

Yes I mean mid cycle. My statement doesn't cut until the 13th.

I have capped out my $10k. Worst case scenario I made a little more than $12 upfront with another $100 to come in June when cash back is doubled. Best case I made $1012 up front with another $1100 to come in June. I am hoping to see some confirmation when my next statement cuts mid-October.

I have capped out my $10k. Worst case scenario I made a little more than $12 upfront with another $100 to come in June when cash back is doubled. Best case I made $1012 up front with another $1100 to come in June. I am hoping to see some confirmation when my next statement cuts mid-October.

That's my take on it too.

All gcs, or was there some R$ included?

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    joedinky

Important Information

Guidelines