Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Macy's Auto-CLI

The last post in this topic was posted 1773 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

As part of Macy's (DSNB - subsidiary of Citi) credit card revisions including the website, they indicated the different types of accounts (regular, major purchase, etc) would be consolidated into a single account type and all credit limits be combined.

After going through some of the website issues that other CB members indicated they experienced, I finally logged in successfully to my Macy's store card.

Before the revisions and updated website, I had a $6,200 credit limit on my regular revolving and a $900 limit on a major purchase account from 2013, and I've had a couple of other major purchase sub-accounts which once paid fall off your statements.

According to the site, I now have a $13,200 credit limit ! I've had my Macy's card since 2004. I don't see any hard inquires on any reports. My reports are clean, scores low 700's, but do have some cards with high utll which I'm working to bring down.

Anyone else get an auto-CLI ?

Did you click the update my account info link first ? I had to use the Link Accounts button as my account number changed a year or so ago due to my card being stolen, when I did the link, all worked fine. You have to do the update to create security questions.

I have a Bloomingdales store card as well, and did not have to do the Add Link, but the Update Information, create security questions, etc. Worked fine. No CLI there however; but I've never had any major purchase accounts etc. My CL there is $9k.

From my understanding, the Sub Accounts remain accessible, according to Macy's Credit Department, even after they are paid off. Once I read about changes coming, I had DW apply for a few more Sub accounts. In total we had a $4k Furniture, $1.5k AMEX, and $2.5k Revolving, then got approved for a $5k Major Purchase and $5k Jewelry, both in June. Never using either new Sub Account and having paid off the other in January of this year. New account login says $16,600 CL Revolving and $1.5 AMEX. SO they gave us a $100 CL, lol, now that I think about it. Hope you did better than that!

Encouraging .... that they make this all reflect as one credit limit.

Discouraging .... that its harder to know the specific limits of the major purchase portions without what seems to be a phone call.

I was just looking at my statement, where I made a jewelry purchase, however the balance is all combined with balance I had on revolving previously as well. Even beneath that, it doesn't break them down for what they are.

Yup, I too got an auto CLI after the upgrade... from $2,000 to $5,400 that showed up on my recent statement

This was unknown to me, so on 9-9 I actually logged into the new site and used the LUV button and asked for $10K as I was tired of being stuck at $2K.

It took them 5 days, but Macy's emailed me that my CLI was granted (from $5,400 to $10,000) today on 9-14. I will check tomorrow to see if they pulled a hard. Seeing as it is now Citi, my guess is they pulled EQ.

Yup, I too got an auto CLI after the upgrade... from $2,000 to $5,400 that showed up on my recent statement

This was unknown to me, so on 9-9 I actually logged into the new site and used the LUV button and asked for $10K as I was tired of being stuck at $2K.

It took them 5 days, but Macy's emailed me that my CLI was granted (from $5,400 to $10,000) today on 9-14. I will check tomorrow to see if they pulled a hard. Seeing as it is now Citi, my guess is they pulled EQ.

Could it be that because of the amount, $10k Citi is handling these big TL because my limit is only $700 and it is reporting DSNB last time I checked all my reports was this morning.

Wonder if this may help with any CLI's or Approvals with other Citi Products?

I was thinking the very same thing. If Citi took over, then I do believe we're in the door. This would perhaps mean that approvals may be a bit more difficult? Macy's is known to approve just about anyone. I've seen them approve for $100 especially during the holidays.

Did you click the update my account info link first ? I had to use the Link Accounts button as my account number changed a year or so ago due to my card being stolen, when I did the link, all worked fine. You have to do the update to create security questions.

I have a Bloomingdales store card as well, and did not have to do the Add Link, but the Update Information, create security questions, etc. Worked fine. No CLI there however; but I've never had any major purchase accounts etc. My CL there is $9k.

Is it best to click the LUV button and request a CLI on-line than to call it in??

I just noticed i got a automatic Credit Line Increase at Macy's sometime in November. Credit line was $600.00 now $1000.00. I have always kept account at zero or a very small balance for a few months of less than $200.00. I asked for CLI online last year and got an increase from $300 to $600.00.

Congratulations!! I have never had any CLI at Macy's!

Since their transfer to CITI, they do now use hard pulls for CLI request. Mine went from 5K- 10K and it did cost me hard pull without telling me it will be a hard inquiry (sucks that I assumed it will be a soft pull like they have always done). Theeeeen, yesterday I called for my Macy's AMEX to see if they can use the same pull to match the credit limit of the AMEX to the store card limit, they asked me to unfreeze my Experian and Equifax. Hell no.

I'd like to add though, after they were acquired by CITI, I have been receiving mailed offers from citibank every month! I have been just too chicken because I still have that 2011 judgment on my Experian.

The last post in this topic was posted 1773 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.